• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ToonTown Closed Until ????

LoserGirl

Earning My Ears
I just saw the Toon Town was going to be closed on Feb 12th. I was so excited to take my DS there, but now I don't think I'll be able to. There is no date as to when it will be open again. :confused:

I don't believe it will reopen. I think that is where the princesses will be going

* I fully admit I could be 100% wrong

I hate to tell you this but the Toon Town as we knew it is gone,:sad1: and I believe it is for good. The area where it was is going to be the new attractions based on the princesses I think they are keeping a few things but stuff won't be open (I think) until sometime 2012. Please do not quote me on this but I am 99% sure that that is what is going on. Sorry.

Toon Town area is being replaced by the Dumbo area/Casey Jr. Circus as part of the "New Fantasyland" expansion taking place.

The princess meet/greet area is now going to be placed in the building currently housed by Snow Whites Scary Adventures. Also set to be closed forever.

The expansion is set to be complete in late 2012/2013.

Yes toon Town Will Close permantley On 2/12/11. This Area Will Eventually Be Converted In to A Dumbos Circus Themed Area , to Be Full Completed In 2013?. Its All a Part Of A Major Fantasyland Expantion. Sorry To Have to Tell you this . Now you Know

It should be noted that one part of Toontown WILL survive and that is Goofy's Barnstormer Roller Coaster which will be rethemed as the Great Goofini or something like that. However, the coaster will close temporarily when the rest of toontown is closed and will not reopen until that area of the Fantasyland expansion is ready to open.

When Toontown closes, it will be gone for ever. However, its replacement will be a great improvement. When our daughter was young, she loved Donalds boat. I'm sure it will be gone forever, but has anyone heard any different?

Haven't read anything in the official releases, but in the drawings it looks like there will be a Casey Jr water play area close to where Donald's boat was located.

When Toontown closes, it will be gone for ever. However, its replacement will be a great improvement. When our daughter was young, she loved Donalds boat. I'm sure it will be gone forever, but has anyone heard any different?

This thread has a link - looks like there will be a new water play area.

Well, darn! Thanks for info and links. While I'm a little disappointed, I know there are so many other exciting things there that it doesn't matter when looking at the big picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter