• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Took the plunge, booked RCCL, now I have a question...

MickeyB426

The biggest Daddy of them all
I booked the RCCL's Voyager of the Seas for next year. I figured since we always do DCL every other year, I try RCCL once.

Are there RCCL boards out there as good as this one?

I tried looking at Cruise Critic and the info on the board is way too general for me since RCCL has so many ships. I have so many specific questions (that seem so routine here) like looking at their versions of Navigators, etc.

Thanks!

Most of the time if you post about a certain ship on Cruise Critic, you will get plenty of people to respond.
Just try posting something like:
info or questions needed about the *blank ship*. It's worked well for me in the past.

I agree. There really isn't a message board devoted solely to the Voyager of the Seas. Your best bet is to post on Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean board, and ask your question about VOS. I've been able to get some pretty specific info in the past. We're sailing on Voyager this June :)

This website will list a lot of specifics about that ship and host a lot of photographs: http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/voyageroftheseas.htm

In addition to cruisecritic, which is probably your best bet, you can try this one: http://cruise-addicts.com/forums/list.php?24 although it moves a lot slower than the cruisecritic board. I have experienced your delimma also, but it isn't a fact of lack of a message board; I think it is because DCL is so small, with only 2 ships, basically identical in nature. The other lines are so much more varied, you have to search harder for your answers. But, if you ask about your specific ship, you should get plenty of answers.

I found that once I got into the swing of using cruise critic is was great, not like this website, but still very useful and full of very friendly people. Just post whatever questions you may have on the RCCL's threads and you should get all the answers that you need.

I went on the Voyager in Sept. 2003 and so far it was my favorite cruise. I would be happy to answer any questions I can for you. I agree with being specific on cruise critic with your questions in order to get the answers that you need. I got so much good info about the ship before we went and it made it easier to get into the swing of things. That is what I am trying to do on this board for my first cruise on the Magic. Happy sailing!
Trisha

Thanks, all!

I found your links to be quite helpful.

Trisha, I'll be sure to PM you if I have any questions. Since I booked the grand suite, I need to bone up on the concierge service and what's involved, but I'm sure I'll find it.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter