Took the kids to NYC yesterday. What a day!

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I have never been to NYC at Thanksgiving time, but going by how many people that were crammed in the Herald Square area, Disney must of been empty yesterday.

We arrived at 11:30am, parked near the Empire State building and walked up to Madame Toussads. My 12yo didn't think he was going to be impressed with wax figures, so he was grumpy in line, but once we got in, he was amazed at the details. He did make sure he told us on the way out "You could still tell they were wax." LOL. My aspie is so literal. We ate lunch at the "most unique" McDonalds according to the Travel Channel and then headed over to Rockefeller Center to see the tree. By this time it is 3:30, and we wanted to see it before it got dark. It was not as impressive as it looks on TV. My DD was excited to see that they were already building the stage for Wednesday night, where Myley will be performing. After the kids watched the ice skaters for a while, we head over to Build-A-Bear. By the time we left BAB, it was dark, so we saw NYC lit up with Christmas light as we walked back to the car. We got home at 11PM. The kids were exhausted, but went to bed with HUGE smiles.

Glad you had a good time! My DD8 wants to go to the wax museum! We have only been in the lobby.

What was so different about the McD's?

NYC is beautiful around this time.

My dd just went to the wax museum with her school and enjoyed it also. I need to get there one day this spring on my day off.

My niece will be performing on stage Wed. also (w/her dance company).

Oh-I've always wanted to go to NYC during the holidays-glad you had a great time!

were in times square friday afternoon/night (hendrix tribute at BB King) - wandered the stores, surprised no traffic, parking no problem, weather was cool, not terribly crowded either

I love the wax museum, too. The tree isn't lit yet -- I bet it would be more impressive then;) I still love it. I live about an hour and a half way from the city and can take the train down...I've never stayed over night before though, and I am on December 20th!! Can't wait!

We live on LI and love to take the kids into NYC during the holidays. The Rockefeller tree is much more impressive once it is lit. That is my son's favorite thing to see.

So glad you guys had a great time!

Ahhh...I love NYC :love: and esp at Christmas time. :santa: We lived in Hoboken in a hi-rise from 2000-2004 while DH was on assignment at the PANY/NJ!!! We did everything from all the Broadways shows to the Parades, (Thanksgiving, Easter, Columbus Day) to the awesome shopping. All the TOURS you could possibly do from studio tours to city tours. I miss it so much and would love to one day live there again. ::yes:: We were there for 9/11 and the BLACK OUT of NYC in 08/03. :sad1:

OP, I am glad you had an awesome time. :goodvibes

Oh and I think because it is the BIGGEST MickeyD's of them all!!! We have eaten there many times and it is gooooood!!! Also, I believe it is a bit more $$$ than most other McD's!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter