Took a gamble and lost.

kmermaid

DIS Veteran
Was on the phone with MS today trying to set up my ME reservation (which I never did finish, system wasn't working) and spoke with a CM who notice I had multiple ressies, 1st night studio for just me and dd11 (turning 12 on the trip) switching to 1bdroom next day, switching 2 bdroom day after that when DH and DD14 arrive. DH would like to come a day early. Explained that DH will not move and was hoping that front desk will not make me move from the 1bdroom since I will have groceries by then. We hung up and about 10 minutes she calls me back asking if I would be willing to change the 1bdroom to a studio and see if my waitlist comes in. I thought what the heck go ahead. I did ask if the waitlist is done at the end of the day and she said no that it does "cycle" but that is throughout the day. Well I now have a studio for the first two nights then the 2bdroom lock off and a waitlist (I hope that didn't get messed up) for a 2bdroom lockoff on my 2nd night. Oh well this is why I vacation in Disney and not Las Vegas. ;)

Why did they ask you to switch to a studio? Is the waitlist for a two bedroom for night 2 and night 3 When is your trip? Hopefully it will still come through for you! :goodvibes

The CM saw that there were atleast 2 studios available for my 2nd night. I guess her thinking was if I threw in my 1bdroom I had a good chance of turning it into a 2bdroom. I was willing to take the chance. The waitlist is still on for the 2nd night and I already have the 2bdroom for the rest of the July trip.

You likely made the right move to decrease or avoid having to move. But they will not put the 1 BR and studio back together for you if that was part of the thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter