Too Tight? 3 pm FOF Parade on Departure Day/DME Timing

davkata

Mouseketeer
We have a 7:50 pm flight, so our DME will be somewhere around 430/5 from AS Sports. Are we crazy to try to catch the 3 pm parade in Town Sq. (currently have a FP for it) and high tail it out right after it goes by to catch the bus back to resort for the DME. The parade ENDS in TS, correct? Was hoping there would be a 12 pm parade added (visiting next week), but nothing yet...We won't be in MK any of the other days for 3 pm.

Seems like it might be a bit tight. I have seen others say that the parade ends around 3:45 in Town Square. If there were a bus there and waiting, you might make it back just in time for a 430pm DME. Our DME pick-up was 3hrs before our flight.

I like to live on the edge, so I would probably try it. ;) ..... especially if you haven't seen it. It's a very good parade.

I would just watch from Town Square near the exit, then hoof it over to the Contemporary and taxi back to the hotel.

We saw part of it from a very poor vantage point last year after getting stuck on a broken down WDW train for a while in Frontierland so we were late to get a spot and missed the first third of the parade...

I like the PP suggestion. Watch it right at the start. Then, walk quickly through Adventureland and keep to the farthest right on Main St. It's a great parade. I loved the fire breathing dragon! Check out my avatar picture.

I just watched the parade today - started in Frontierland right near Pecos Bills and then when it passed me, I walked through Adventureland and up to Main Street to see it again. :) I looked at my time stamps on my photos from right near the Barbershop and it was 3:36 when the last float went by.

I left right afterward to come back to the hotel and I waited for the bus for quite a while. Made it back to Pop by 4:38 - I looked at my phone because it felt like it took forever!

If you don't stop to watch it again like I did, and have good luck with your bus, you could be back. Another factor is if you need to get your luggage from bell services, because that takes time.

All that being said - I wouldn't do it because I would just worry all afternoon that I was going to miss the bus if something went wrong. (I'm a worrier.)

Have a great trip!! Pack warm clothes - it's freezing here!

Another thing to consider...many guests leave the park for a short break after the afternoon parade. The buses get really busy and AS Sports is not close to the MK. Our ME pickup time from WL was also 3 hours prior to our flight so you're probably looking at a 4 PM pickup...maybe even 3:45. I, myself, would not risk up; DD and her family probably would :scared:. :tink:

Your MDE pick up should be 4:50 or 5:00. I think it is absolutely feasible to watch the parade and make it back in time.

I think it's definitely doable, but I'm a worrier so I would probably spend most of the parade stressed out about missing the ME. I would take a cab after the parade, there will be plenty of time for that.

I think it's definitely doable, but I'm a worrier so I would probably spend most of the parade stressed out about missing the ME. I would take a cab after the parade, there will be plenty of time for that.
I try to factor in contingencies when I plan travel, and there are just too many things that could go wrong at WDW for me to even try this.

the worst I can see happing if you miss the DME is you would have to take a taxi to the air port so if you can afford this then I think you would be fine ( and hopping you do not have any trouble at the airport of getting there like traffic )

I try to factor in contingencies when I plan travel, and there are just too many things that could go wrong at WDW for me to even try this.
This is me also! Which is why I am worried about it. May be too close for comfort...

Could you watch the parade at its starting point then work your way out of the park that may buy you a few minutes

I like the PP suggestion. Watch it right at the start. Then, walk quickly through Adventureland and keep to the farthest right on Main St. It's a great parade. I loved the fire breathing dragon! Check out my avatar picture.

I just watched the parade today - started in Frontierland right near Pecos Bills and then when it passed me, I walked through Adventureland and up to Main Street to see it again. :) I looked at my time stamps on my photos from right near the Barbershop and it was 3:36 when the last float went by.

I left right afterward to come back to the hotel and I waited for the bus for quite a while. Made it back to Pop by 4:38 - I looked at my phone because it felt like it took forever!

If you don't stop to watch it again like I did, and have good luck with your bus, you could be back. Another factor is if you need to get your luggage from bell services, because that takes time.

All that being said - I wouldn't do it because I would just worry all afternoon that I was going to miss the bus if something went wrong. (I'm a worrier.)

Have a great trip!! Pack warm clothes - it's freezing here!

Was actually thinking about this. Will look at the maps. But we have gotten stuck trying to get out during MSEP once. Somewhere in front of City Hall, I think we were stopped, can't remember. Would I go through the stores once I get to Main St.?

Was actually thinking about this. Will look at the maps. But we have gotten stuck trying to get out during MSEP once. Somewhere in front of City Hall, I think we were stopped, can't remember. Would I go through the stores once I get to Main St.?
you need to be on the other side of the street form the store ( emporium) so that you can exit other wise you will have to wait to exit I would watch it from main street and then walk on the other side of the street when the last lot gets to you or better yet just before it dose

hort break after the afternoon parade. The buses get really busy and AS Sports is not close to the MK. Our ME pickup time from WL was also 3 hours prior to our flight so you're probably looking at a 4 PM pickup...maybe even 3:45. I, myself, would not

And you are supposed to be there at least 15 minutes before the stated ME departure time

We have a 7:50 pm flight, so our DME will be somewhere around 430/5 from AS Sports. Are we crazy to try to catch the 3 pm parade in Town Sq. (currently have a FP for it) and high tail it out right after it goes by to catch the bus back to resort for the DME. The parade ENDS in TS, correct? Was hoping there would be a 12 pm parade added (visiting next week), but nothing yet...We won't be in MK any of the other days for 3 pm.

I think you could make it especially if you walk to Contemporary and catch a cab back to your resort to catch DME.

That said--I am risk averse and would just skip the parade and spend the last hour at the resort.

Could you get to the end of Main St before the parade reached that point? Then, you could cross by City Hall. I prefer walking on Main St than going through the Emporium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter