TOO Small!

Well, I certainly feel better after reading these posts!!

I too find the xl shirts clinging to me, when xl for me is "comfy clothes" size. I'd thought I'd be clever and buy a xxl, it's a tent on me and I can only wear it for sleeping. It's totally bizarre--it's at least 4 sizes bigger than the xl I have in my drawer right now. AND the t-shirt I bought on my honeymoon in 1997 was PERFECTLY sized, I wore it until it literally fell apart.

So go figure.

And I have size 11 feet too! AND I've been bummed that the cute shoes do not come in my size either. Hey, it's their loss, I'da paid the $$$.

Ah well.

Thank You! I knew that I couldn't be the only one bummed by this. I never used to have issues, but now oh my how Disney has changed. I have to buy big at Disney and sometimes I can't find anything at all! I have however noticed that the male shirts are sized more normally. So, if you see a design you like see if they have it in the guys section!

Many clothing companies "vanity size" now a days so maybe Disney just hasn't jumped on that trend and is still following traditional size charts?

My issue with Disney clothes is that they seem to shrink one size after one washing. Other T-shirt I buy don't shirk so badly! So I always have to keep that in mind. I can fit a medium off the rack, but after one washing, it's a bit too revealing for someone my age! So I buy a large, because I know it will shrink, then it will fit nice. :)

Oh this makes me so sad!!! My boyfriend and I are going for NYE, and we're both Pooh sized. We both wear an 3X (Me because of my breasts and him cause he's just a big guy!) and it is going to make him very upset not to be able to wear any shirts that we could buy there, it's his first trip!!

I'm very sad :(

I've always had this issue with Universal and Disney shirts, maybe its just me but the mens shirts seem to be small too. I usually pick up a HHN shirt yearly, but never get to wear it.

I so agree with you all. I have been coming to Disney for 10 years and in all that time have only found one sweatshirt to fit as I'm as size 24. I would love nightware and t-shirts but I just cannot fit into them.

Disney are so accomodating about most things, I mean I can fit on every ride so I cannot understand why they fall down on this small detail. If they did much larger sizes then they would sell more.

I have no idea how they figure out their sizing. Went to WDW a few weeks ago, I was a little chilly in the restaurants so I decided to buy an XL sweatshirt, I usually take a Large. The sleeves reached a little pass my elbows. :lmao: At first I thought I picked up a childrens top.

So true! I have several t shirts from WDW that are way too cute to be sitting in my vloset unworn! Some have been huge and others way too small. Ny buggest problem is fitting aaround my chest. I hate anything too tight. i have this really cute one that I'd LOVE to wear. It has a picture of Grumpy on it and it says: Grumpy Debate: I'm right, you're wrong..Debate Over! I love that shirt.

Personally i've always found stuff true to size. I can wear XL in WDW clothing and am usually that size or XXL elsewhere (tops and nightwear)

PrincessPaczki said:
I am sad :guilty: to say this but I wear an 11 in shoes and the biggest that Disney goes is a 10. I saw these adorable tennis shoes with Mickey embr. on the sides and asked the CM to check for my size. She told us that they do not come in an 11! :guilty:

How sad I really wanted them. :sad2:

My DD15 has the same problem. She really wanted Mickey or Tink flip flops a couple of weeks ago, but nope!

I've always thought they fit pretty true to size. Some shirts are meant to be fitted and others are not. If you don't want the fitted shirt to fit that way, obviously you are going to need a bigger size. Juniors tops will always be smaller than misses/womens. I can still wear a WDW Kid's XL T-shirt, but for fitted tops I prefer a medium in misses (for length mainly).

I thought everything was way too big. :( I can't wear adult clothes from WDW at all. I'm very small, but at home I can at least get some stuff in an adult size, but not at WDW.

I definitely find the sizes run very small............It's even true for my teen dd. She's stick thin and wears an XS or S but usually needs a M in wdw. I'm usually a size 14 or L but need an XL in a disney shirt and some of them are even clingy around the chest area. It's ridiculous.

I thought they ran big. I bought a sweatshirt at Disney World 2 years ago. I normally get XL women's size. I just picked up an XL and bought it, and it was huge!

When I buy from the Disney catalog I ordered XL T shirts and they are also way too big. My DD wears a M 10-12 in other clothes, but the Disney M 10-12, she is swimming in. :confused3

Soccer Princess said:
I've always thought they fit pretty true to size. Some shirts are meant to be fitted and others are not. If you don't want the fitted shirt to fit that way, obviously you are going to need a bigger size. Juniors tops will always be smaller than misses/womens. I can still wear a WDW Kid's XL T-shirt, but for fitted tops I prefer a medium in misses (for length mainly).

I think the problem is that many of the really cute things WDW has now are only available in junior sizing. I'm sure that these do fit very young girls just fine (although I have my doubts considering the fact that it seems like girls these days are all very, um, well developed!!....), but WDW is missing a big opportunity by not making misses sizes available. I get that they're supposed to be fitted, and I like fitted -- I just would like to have a true misses fitted size small available to me!

I have always thought Disney clothes were cery small, as well. And I have been happy to notice that the number of XXL and XXXL clothes at Disney are rising. The problem I have with Disney clothes is that if I buy an XXL to fit around me...it comes all the way down to my knees in length. I end up having to give my Disney T-shirts to my Mom to wear as night shirts.

My hubby is XXXL and we always have to go to World of Disney to find any kind of selection for him.

We have very particular tastes in Disney clothing. Usually just the classic polo with the current celebration on it is all we buy, so we usually have no trouble finding the right size.

Ok, as the retail merchandise manager (with size 12 feet, and yes I'm on 5'5" ;) ) I can lead some insight to the size debate. Cardnial rule for Jrs is add 3 to your misses size and it might fit. My size 12 bottom feels tight in a Jrs 15. As for tops, I have curves, I won't even go near them. As for men's shirts go down a size from misses and it should fit fairly well.

As for the shoes, I've just given up, I know what I can wear and thank god that I can buy Steve Maddens on line and that Zappos exists. :chewy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter