Too serious!

Camera rage.:rotfl2:

Seriously though, I had no idea that humanity had sunk to this 'photoboming' level. It is beyond rude that anyone would even think about doing such a stupid thing. Granted the photopass photographer likely overreacted. Sometimes we are having so much fun we become oblivious to our surroundings, which is something that the photographers need to take into consideration rather than pointing the finger of blame at someone who had no intention of disrupting a photo shoot. When the parks are crazy busy, it is an extreme challenge to get a clean shot of anyone, or anything.

I will say that we had a photo bomb happen to us. We had a family gathering and all together for a group pic in front of the castle. In the one pic that everyone was smiling and eyes open-two teenage boys are grabbing themselves and flashing some kind of hand signs! Didn't even know they were there during the pic. Totally ruined a great family pic. The photographer didn't say anything so I guess he didn't see them either. I of course didn't order the pic. To the OP I guess the photographer thought the faces were meant as a photo bomb. Glad you could shake it off and the family get a great pic I hope!

So, we're leaving hollywood studios this morning and my husband is carrying our 4 year old, talking to her and making faces. We walk across the street, behind a photopass guy taking pictures. Other people are also crossing behind us. Once we walk past, the photopass guy stops us, and tells my husband never to do that again--he said "how would you like it if someone was ruining your family photos". He then turns to me and says "im serious ma'am, dont let him do that again".

I wouldn't...couldn't...have left it at that. Too mysterious and vague for me. I would need to know exactly what the CM thought we were doing. There would be no questions left, because it would bug me to no end to not leave the conversation dangling with some vague "don't let your husband do that again" statement.

I wouldn't...couldn't...have left it at that. Too mysterious and vague for me. I would need to know exactly what the CM thought we were doing. There would be no questions left, because it would bug me to no end to not leave the conversation dangling with some vague "don't let your husband do that again" statement.

Agreed.

We walk across the street, behind a photopass guy taking pictures.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

I do ... how did the photopass guy see what your husband was doing if you crossed the street BEHIND him?? And being "behind" the photopass guy, how could you ruin the picture?

Yes people have gotten bad about photo bombing but the photographer had no business saying anything to you. I wonder if they need to start to pics in places that no one can get behind you or have another CM being a handler for him. DD is 22 so we don't do the photopass, maybe when grand babies come but for now no but I do always stop every year and get our pic in front of the castle by a photographer and buy one for the mantle. And can I add that I find them not to be very friendly. We always do this first thing in the morning and stand nicely in line and wait where we are either overlooked or rushed thru. I think we are friendly people but we just don't have luck with them doing all the special effects with us. :p

I think it's a shame that people go out of their way to 'photobomb' others. A 'photobomb' is meant to be a totally unintentional thing but people are just idiotic and take it too far. I feel sorry for the Photopass Photographers as I am sure they have to deal with people ruining photos on purpose all the time but I also feel sorry that your poor DH was scolded for something he clearly wasn't doing intentionally to ruin any photos! Good on you guys for laughing it off though, if it was me trying to distract my DD similarly and wrongly being accused I don't think I would have managed to keep my cool!!!

Some of our funniest pictures are ones where we were photo bombed. It gives me a giggle. It's crowded there, packed to the rafters. It's rare to get a "clean shot" without someone in the background.

I can see how if someone who was photobombing with a particular photographer could tick off that photographer.
But that takes time and dedication. Weird that someone would specifically set out to do that.

Your husband must have been making some kind of faces to get that big reaction. How weird. Guess it got on the photographers last nerve. I'd have been shaking my head and looking at him like he was nuts.

Wow. These guys are not professional photographers. They are out there in the heat and crowds trying to preserve precious memories for quite often impatient people. On top of that now they have to deal with these photobombing idiots. I agree with others that he probably mistakenly assumed that is what OP's husband was doing. I think the ire should be directed at the morons that think bombing is funny. Not the poor guy that is trying, albeit in this case a little too exuberantly, to do his job.

I agree totally. In Florida summer weather this is not a easy job and it is the photographers job is to try and get the best photos possible. Other people interfering should have the good manners and common sense not to mess up other peoples photos. It is just plain rude.:confused3

I am glad that the OP's had the good nature to just laugh it all off as a mix up!:thumbsup2

AKK

I'm with this 100% percent. There's no way I would have just been able to laugh it off and walk away, especially if I knew that I was going about my own business and not intentionally trying to ruin someone else's photos. I definitely would have had something to say.

I have often wondered how many thousands of stranger's vacation photos I am in...completely oblivious and looking like a fool. Maybe picking a wedgie, or my nose, or just sweaty and gross, or in mid-yawn. Hopefully they got a chuckle out of my cluelessness.

A friend of mine's kid was photo bombing the last DIS Unplugged Video. (Not on purpose)

Unless the family whose photo was being taken complained because the OP's husband was making them laugh or distracting them in some way?

It's hard to know without being there ... could also have just been a really odd photographer!

:earsboy:

What!!!! Making people laugh, at Disney of all places....same on him.:snooty:

What a jerk. If my face happens to be in a crowded public place, it's going to look however I want it to look, regardless of who happens to be taking pictures nearby. If a photographer wants to micromanage the backgrounds of his pictures, he should be working at a closed photo studio instead of an amusement park.
Yes, this.:thumbsup2

Did the Photopass guy not see that your husband was with a child?

I would've mentioned it to Guest Services that the Photopass photographers are causing problems where there are none since your husband was behind him not in front of the lens.

I say get rid of the whole thing, everyone has cameras on their phones anyway.

I actually have a friend I used to work with, who is a photographer herself, that just went to Disney like last month with her husband for their one year wedding anniversary. She posted on Facebook about what they had done one day and that they got a lot of photo bombing done. The husband commented in the post and they were laughing and proud if what they had done. She is a photographer and he is in editing and video. They're also supposed to be adults. It definitely made me lose respect for them.

I actually have a friend I used to work with, who is a photographer herself, that just went to Disney like last month with her husband for their one year wedding anniversary. She posted on Facebook about what they had done one day and that they got a lot of photo bombing done. The husband commented in the post and they were laughing and proud if what they had done. She is a photographer and he is in editing and video. They're also supposed to be adults. It definitely made me lose respect for them.

Honestly, 90% of "photo bombing" can be fixed by even a newbie to photoshop. Some of my favorite family photos have awkward folks in the background

It doesn't make sense if you and your family were walking behind the photographer--if you were in the background of the family then that is photobombing.

I would have said something to the CM and not laughed it off- but that is me and my quick tongue. lol On our most recent April trip, we had gotten off the Three Cabaleros duck ride in Mexico at Epcot and walking out of that dark area inside... so we're walking through the doors and started walking down the steps- the kids were acting up and I just wanted to get out of that section and find our parked stroller. We happened to accidentally walk in front of some guy taking a picture of people up near the door, I had no way of knowing and was walking quickly. He said to me "Oh hey there, we're trying to take a picture" I just gave him a dirty look and kept walking. Any other moment I would have apologized, but you know what- it was hot, the kids got on our nerves and all we were doing was trying to walk down the steps... In an crowded place, things happen- if someone walks in front of me while I'm taking pics of the kids, I just tell the kids to wait and I'll snap another- I wouldn't expect people to have to stop and wait for me to take my pics... that'd cause tons of traffic jams!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter