Too old for Turtle Talk w/Crush?

kids of ALL ages love Turtle talk! My grandparents always get a laugh out of it. Also, there's never a huge wait, and its not a very long attraction, so you wouldn't be wasting much time if you tried it!

Our DD, who is 12 doesn't like it, finds it boring. But my DH who is a lot older than 12 likes it & made me make a FP for it during our last trip. :rotfl:

Turtle Talk can be fun, but it really depends on the little ones who ask the questions. The last time we went it was not fun because there was one little kid who got a hold of the microphone and slurred a 5 minute sentence that made no sense at all.. and the CM wouldn't take the mike away to let a kid that could actually talk ask a question, so Crush really couldn't say much but 'hmm' and 'uh-huh'. But we've also have a few shows that were great because the person voicing Crush was very quick witted.

My adult DDs and I went on a whim and laughed our @$$e$ off...good times!

I think they'll like it. Took my 5 year old nephew who loved it, but as a 30 year old I thought it was funny too.

It's a must also for my husband and I (54 & 56) and we dragged our kids 26, 25 and 16 all to it this past Thanksgiving. We all loved it!!!!

Add us to the list of TTwC fans! We have a wide range of ages in our family and all of us really enjoy it!!

I really enjoyed it. I can see it being the kind of thing where kids can get "too old" for it, though... but you come back around as an adult. Probably the funniest moment of my trip came during that show. A little girl asked Crush what kind of food turtles eat. He answered, then asked what kind of food she eats. With PERFECT deadpan delivery, she said, "turtle." The entire place erupted in laughter and Crush just stated in disbelief for a while (I suspect the actor behind the scenes was trying to recover from laughter himself). It was hilarious. It might be worth going for your kids just so you can put them up to that.

I went to Turtle Talk with Crush last year when I went with my Fiance. We are both in our early 20's and have no kids and we enjoyed it a lot.

Not too old, but I wouldn't waste a FP on it. I've never waited more than 10 minutes for this show.

Hello,

We are going to the world in May and have made our fastpass selections. Having never been to WDW I used suggestiosn from all over to choose what to get fastpasses for and Turtle Talk was recommended as one to get a FP+ for. After watching a video about what Turtle Talk is I am thinking my kids may be too old for it, DD is 8 and DS is 10. Anyone else have kids around this age and are they bored with it? TIA

They're probably old to sit down front, but we (two adults) like it from a technology standpoint. It's not worth a FP (unless you're just trying to burn a third), but if you're in that area anyway and want to be inside for a bit, it's not bad.

If you like Disney, I don't think you are too old for Crush. There were a few times on our last visit Crush had the adults laughing harder than the kids.

My DD was 9 when we went last time. She didn't participate but did sit on the floor and enjoyed it! It is cute and fun to watch at least once! I don't think I would use a FP+ on it though, but at EPCOT it is hard to use 3 FP+ on something worth while.

Hello,

We are going to the world in May and have made our fastpass selections. Having never been to WDW I used suggestiosn from all over to choose what to get fastpasses for and Turtle Talk was recommended as one to get a FP+ for. After watching a video about what Turtle Talk is I am thinking my kids may be too old for it, DD is 8 and DS is 10. Anyone else have kids around this age and are they bored with it? TIA

I don't get the 'too old for' idea. I'm an adult and I love it. The reason? I'm fascinated by the technology involved in Turtle Talk (and the laugh factory) where they can spontaneously interact with the audience and make the animation on the screen coordinated instantly. We actually like to see these shows multiple times and think about how/where they customize the parts and compare the way they did it during the different audience interactions.

I think it's a bit like any good magic trick.

Young children may be amazed by the magic, but older guests are fascinated by it.

Both are entertained though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter