Too Old for Disney?

Nanu57v

The Tooth Fairy had a message here before.
I was chatting with someone recently who had just gotten back from Disney. She said they didn't like it and that her child was too old for Disney. Although I knew I'd disagree, I expected her to say he was 16 or so...nope...he was 5! :eek: She said they rode all the thrill rides and it was just boring. The Disney gene must not run in all of us.

Oh my gosh!! NO!!! Five is wonderful!! I'd call it a tad young even!! I didn't really start enjoying it until about 9ish!! I guess the magic just isn't for everyone...

Not gonna lie I wanted to :badpc: when I read this. I just don't understand it.

Maybe they will go again and change their minds!!

Add me to the list that doesn't understand, I've always thought around 4 to 8 was an ideal time for kids going to Disney. They've seen the movies/shows, everything still seems magical, they can walk most of the time on their own, and they are tall enough for the roller coasters.

I hope not! My kids are 7, 10, and 12 and we're leaving for our first trip on the 31st!

That is crazy! If I had to pick 1 "perfect" age it would probably be 5. When my oldest boys were 5 it was magical. They were tall enough to ride everything they wanted and they still believed in the characters and shows. They must have done it wrong.:goodvibes

I'm guessing they only went to the MK. If you go in thinking its like Six Flags or Cedar Point you probably would be disappointed. Disney isn't about the thrill rides.

I'm guessing they only went to the MK. If you go in thinking its like Six Flags or Cedar Point you probably would be disappointed. Disney isn't about the thrill rides.

Totally agreed!! If they went into it thinking it was all about the thrills (and especially not doing TOT or RnRC!) then they would have been disappointed.

Kinda had the opposite situation yesterday...I'm going to Six Flags over GA for the first time and my parents were telling me "Now, don't expect it to be Disney or Universal...it's tiny and there's only roller coasters!" :) (Granted the coasters are why I'm going.)

Good speculation though as to why they were disappointed!! There's more to Disney!!

I'm 37 and I'm still not too old for Disney, my DD's are 4 and 9 and that would be a blasphemy in my house if I told them they were too old :rotfl:.

Was it the 5 year old who was bored or the mother?? :confused3 To each their own but I can't imagine that there isn't something for everyone at Disney World. I will never get sick of it or call it boring!!! :cheer2:

Was it the 5 year old who was bored or the mother?? :confused3 To each their own but I can't imagine that there isn't something for everyone at Disney World. I will never get sick of it or call it boring!!! :cheer2:

I think it was probably the mother. I asked if they did all the parks, and she said, "Tell them what you thought about Epcot" to the 2 year old and he said, "Horrible." So, we think he probably heard how horrible it was and repeated it.

We honeymooned at Disney...and have been a bazillion times since. I agree I won't get too old!

I have a very large extended family and when I was growing up we always went to WDW with another family. 3-7 year olds were my favorite ages to share a WDW vacation with, even as a teenager and college student. They believed in all of the magic and made the trip so magical for the entire family.

Too old at 5? Those people are crazy.

This is silly. I think five is probably the perfect age to go since they still believe in all the magic!

I guess these is just an example of each person being different. We took our son last year for the first time ever and he was 9. My husband and I were first timers too at 30 & 37 years old. It was an incredible time and I don't think any of us were too old. However if you are going to Disney expecting a traditional amusement park experience, you are going to be disappointed. Disney is so much more then that!

I'm 33 and I'm still not too old LOL I guess they didn't plan it right or did any research and hate it. My mom has been before and hate it and found it boring. When I brought 2 years ago, she loved and said that she didn't know there was so much to do and so much good food ( we did signatures meals in the evening). she is looking forward to go back again with us in a few years.

I hope not! My kids are 7, 10, and 12 and we're leaving for our first trip on the 31st!

Don't worry. My kids are 13 and 10. They both keep asking when we are going back.:lmao: Will be there in August, but they don't know yet. It will be a surprise for them on the last day of school.:thumbsup2

Age 5 is pretty unusual to not like Disney. I am guessing the parents didn't enjoy it and thus the child may have had a bad experience. With a 5 year old, it's not about "doing every thrill ride". It's about family time and stopping to enjoy your imagination. Oh, well. To each his own. I'll be going until the day they plant me in the ground.

This is what I thought too. Did she take him on the same ride over and over again. Of course he may not like that if he sees all the other great rides out there. My kids are 17, 13, 12 and 12 and they still LOVE Disney.

It reminds me of an ex friend I went to disney with last year. They ended up going with her mom before our big trip and it was the 1st trip ever. They hardly went on anything.:scared1: The walked around and didn't want to do anything because they didn't want to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter