Too Much Noise in OKW?

Honestly, you had me until you said this, 9 and 11 are not small children, and if they were running and yelling, it might be too loud. I could maybe see if they were all toddlers. And the older 3 (6,9,11)should understand your rules about quiet. Am I missing something, is it ok to run around a hotel room? I did not allow my kids to run inside my house for example. (kids tend to slip and fall and get hurt after all). I would be upset if people were complaining about me, too, sorry this happened to you. I have 4 kids myself, and our first trip with all 4 to WDW they were 3-5-7-9, and we went every year or so for quite some time. SO I do get the excitement of Disney with 4 kids. :grouphug:

The running around was done outside from the parking lot to the front door of the villa the first night mainly because they were happy to be there. No, it's not okay to run around inside of a hotel room even if it is WDW . Thanks for the hug! I do feel bad about the disturbance.... That is why I wanted to know what you think.... And I thank you for your thoughts!

If you don't expect to hear kids being rambunctious, don't go to Disney!

Seriously... we don't have little kids and often go without my son (who is 21). The only time noise bothers us is early mornings - and THAT is because we stay up late and try to sleep in (so it's our own fault). Who can blame kids for being excited at DISNEY?

After midnight, I can see people being (slightly) upset. Otherwise, lighten up.

I just left OKW after a week. In my view it was noisier than in the past (in my case not neighbors but buses) and I THINK it was exacerbated by the new decor - the new bedding does not have heavy bedspreads to the floor, and has kind of "roman shades" rather than heavy drapes, so it doesn't absorb noise the way the old stuff did.

In my experience, some people are just super sensitive, and particularly at DVC, some people feel they are specially entitled, because they own points, just like the rest of us. For example, I had the experience at BCV of somebody coming out in the early evening and scolding my husband and brother and another guest family, because the kids were splashing and making noise in the pool. I was inside doing laundry at the time, went out when I was finished attending to the wash. I thought the guys had decided not to take the kids to the pool, because I couldn't hear ANY sound coming from the pool area. Got there, and the guys were sitting in the corning whispering, and the kids were quietly moving in the water. I don't remember for sure what time it was; it was summer and not yet dark. I guess some people can't stand to hear somebody else having a good time.

We have had our share of noisy neighbors, and at AKV Kidani, I don't think sound proofing is very good, because we could hear normal conversation from the next room in our bedroom. The only time we alerted the front desk was one night at AKL, we heard a couple having a very loud altercation in one of the rooms overlooking the pool area. I was afraid that somebody woudl be getting hurt, and we went inside, and didn't go back out that evening.

I started this thread a year ago & have since had 3 lovely trips to Disney properties! I was at HHI yesterday and couldn't help but notice while watching the DVC promo video....there was a Grandma in the video so happy that her Grandkids were whooping, hollering & jumping up & down on the beds of her Grand Villa!!

Here are my thoughts.

OKW does seem noisier to us, could be the lack of wall insulation.

Everyone has equal rights, Disney isn't just for children.

Being around children all the time may cause you to be less sensitive to their noise.

Not being around children may cause you to be more sensitive to their noise.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter