• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too much magic?! My first shot at Pre-Tripping! **Updated 2/13/09**FINALLY!!!**

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the input yall! Thank you!!!!

So you like John Deere hu??? Here are a few little somethings for your viewing pleasure...

l_4b75ed8a3b41c9a95b434f1964fad7d2.jpg

l_d15dff65bf40968164ccb8091b21b6ea.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

The greatest wedding getaway vehicle EVER. Yea...we prolly should have been on that Redneck Wedding show. They missed out. :rotfl2:

That is the best. I was caught up reading your PTR and had to freeze to comment on this. And the boots are just hilarious.

Oh, and you have to do Kali--we did it in 40 degree weather. Just take a change of clothes in your backpack. Since it's August, it will be shorts, so not much room. Also take ponchos--you might not get too wet.

I just PM'ed you the info. Are you going to do a Trip Report from December? Do you remember what days you were in each park? We may be in one anothers pictures. :rotfl2: I'm currently working on the 18th...that day was in Animal Kingdom. I haven't gotten to the night part yet.

I usually wear flip-flops in the park so they should be ok...it's my pants I'm worried about :crazy2: ;)

:rotfl: When I said bring spare knickers - I didn't mean shoes!!! Knickers are what we brits call underwear/panties/underpants/etc

:rotfl:

We are also doing breakfast before the parks open. Except.. we are doing it at MK at Crystal Palace.. we also heard its a great time to take pics.

Thanks so much for all the info! We have actually planned on doing breakfast at Crystal Palace this trip as well...we're going to try our hardest to get an ADR before the park opens but we're trying not to get our hopes up because we know it fills up fast!

Hey Brittney! I just found your report and I'm psyched to find another girl on here around my age. I'm 21 and I think you're somewhere around there? There's a bunch of us on here now, it's so fun talking to everyone!

You and your DH are too cute together. Congrats on the wedding and the upcoming anniversary! :goodvibes Your report's cracking me up! I'm soooooo sorry about your hair, that would have freaked me out :sad1: But your attic story had me laughing!! :lmao: I'm glad you're OK!

We always go to Disney in August and love it. Yes it's hot but Florida always means heat for us, and August isn't crowded at all, especially compared to December. Plus there's no tour groups around to have to deal with :rolleyes: It would have been awesome to meet up for a little while this summer but we leave on the 15th! We'll be driving out as you fly in.

I love all your "Must-Do" lists. I agree about the World Showcase, it's my absolute favorite part of Disney! :lovestruc We always spend 4-days at Epcot - 2 days in Future World and 2 days in the World Showcase. I love that park! I also felt the same way about Animal Kingdom after our first time there... it was nice but nothing special. After our trip in the summer of 2007 though, I love it! Really take your time walking around and taking it all in... it's a great place!

Thanks for sharing all your plans and keeping us entertained, your report's too funny! If you get a chance, stop by mine to say hi. Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!

HI THERE! :wave: Welcome! Glad to know you are enjoying it and YES! It is good to know someone else on here that is 21, and not "too cool" for Disney! I have found this to be the case with alot of people our age! :rotfl:

That is the best. I was caught up reading your PTR and had to freeze to comment on this. And the boots are just hilarious.
:goodvibes Glad you like it! We seemed to get alot of laughs out of it. That is one of our favorite memories of our wedding.

I just PM'ed you the info. Are you going to do a Trip Report from December? Do you remember what days you were in each park? We may be in one anothers pictures. :rotfl2: I'm currently working on the 18th...that day was in Animal Kingdom. I haven't gotten to the night part yet.

Oh...our last trip was in June...not December. I WISH it would have been in December!:) And no...I'm not plannin on attempting a TR for that. It was too long ago and I've slept too much since then. Not to mention that it was kind of a blur...lol.

:rotfl: When I said bring spare knickers - I didn't mean shoes!!! Knickers are what we brits call underwear/panties/underpants/etc
:rotfl:

OMG! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: HOLY MOLY! I should have known better! I don't know what made me think SHOES!? O gosh...and now my flip-flop comment must sound REAL odd. I'm seriously sitting here at home, by myself, laughing so hard I'm crying. The babies are looking at me all confused. You know it's bad when your DOGS look at you like your crazy! :sad2:

OK so I have already decided...the name of my Trip Report after we get back is going to be

"The family that wears flip flops for underwear does Disney."

Thank you ScotsMinnie! You have just brought an entire new meaning to my moms name for flip-flops (she's a child of the 70s...)

Thong Sandals.

YESSSSSS!!!!! :cool1:

OK so I have already decided...the name of my Trip Report after we get back is going to be

Thank you ScotsMinnie! You have just brought an entire new meaning to my moms name for flip-flops (she's a child of the 70s...)

Thong Sandals.

:laughing: My parents would always call flip-flops "thongs" too! All through the 90's we'd wear our thongs to the pool ;) :lmao: :lmao: Too funny!

Wasn't till i read (and re-read your post that I finally understood that knickers was another of these words that doesn't translate over the atlantic to the same meaning!!!! Along with pants (another name for knickers here - we call pants trousers!!) and fanny pack. You guys need to stop calling it that! It has me in stitches every time!!!

WELCOME!!!! :goodvibes That stinks that our trips are so close...yet so far away...:sad2: As far as the makeup...I'm so glad you asked :teeth: I just happen to be a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant...(ok so I'm not gonna lie...I do more wearing than I do selling but HEY it's half price for me!) and that is my trick. That stuff is amazing! Where are you from? If you don't know anyone who sells it, I bet I could find someone to hook ya up with if you'd like! :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh! Could you?! :goodvibes I live in Northern VA!

Hi Brittney,

After being gone for far too long, I am back to your PTR! Hooray!

You see, I had added you to my favorites, but on DH's laptop. He doesn't bring that home too often, so I had lost you temporarily. But, now you are here on my home 'puter, and can find you more often. So glad to be part of all your planning :cool1:

Catch you soon,

Thong Sandals.

Haha. That's going to be a great title.

:wave2: Hi Brittney! So...I've been lurking on your PTR for a while now, and I love the pics from your wedding. The boots, everything, so great. I showed the pic to my cousin Misty because she had wanted to wear cowboy boots in her wedding, and her mother (and sisters) vetoed it. My response to that was "y'all just must not know Misty very well, then." Anyway, I digress. I seem to have not been paying enough attention, because I just now caught onto the fact that you are from TX! Yay! I love TX. I want to ask, simply because it is your username - Are you a lumberjack? My younger sis has her heart set on SFA!

I am lovin' your PTR and glad to meet someone close to my age that is holdin' down the "Disney Fort" in TX! I'm heading back there as soon as I can!

princess:

Thong Sandals.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I just finished reading the thread. You have a great report here. All of your pics are awesome. It looks you really had a great time at WDW.

Have a nice day to you. :)

Thong Sandals.

haha thats funny..:lmao: Going to be a great eye catcher! I'm sure you will have lots of subscriptions!! hehe

Hi Brittney,

After being gone for far too long, I am back to your PTR! Hooray!

You see, I had added you to my favorites, but on DH's laptop. He doesn't bring that home too often, so I had lost you temporarily. But, now you are here on my home 'puter, and can find you more often. So glad to be part of all your planning :cool1:

Catch you soon,

YAY! So glad your back! I have actually been gone for too long too! HAHA! I'm workin on my n ext installment has we speak...it should be soon...

:wave2: Hi Brittney! So...I've been lurking on your PTR for a while now, and I love the pics from your wedding. The boots, everything, so great. I showed the pic to my cousin Misty because she had wanted to wear cowboy boots in her wedding, and her mother (and sisters) vetoed it. My response to that was "y'all just must not know Misty very well, then." Anyway, I digress. I seem to have not been paying enough attention, because I just now caught onto the fact that you are from TX! Yay! I love TX. I want to ask, simply because it is your username - Are you a lumberjack? My younger sis has her heart set on SFA!

I am lovin' your PTR and glad to meet someone close to my age that is holdin' down the "Disney Fort" in TX! I'm heading back there as soon as I can!

princess:

YAY FOR TEXAS!!! :woohoo: And yes...I am a Lumberjack. AXE EM! :cool1: SFA is the best! I don't think I could imagine myself going to any other college...where are you from? And you tell your sister that if she has any questions or anything she can get in touch with me. I worked on campus for 2 and a half years so I know jut about everything there is to know! :lmao: So glad to know ya!

I just finished reading the thread. You have a great report here. All of your pics are awesome. It looks you really had a great time at WDW.

Have a nice day to you. :)

Thank you! :) You have a fantastic weekend yourself!

haha thats funny..:lmao: Going to be a great eye catcher! I'm sure you will have lots of subscriptions!! hehe

I can only imagine...:rotfl2:

HI Brittney

I just noticed from a PP that your school is the Lumberjacks! I was one too, but not sfa. Northern Arizona U. are Lumberjacks also-

Hope you're enjoying your semester !

AHHHHHHHH....IT'S BEEN SO LONGGGGGG!!!!

There has been so much going on! My grandmother has been having to go to a whole bunch of different doctors appointments (everything is ok though...we know that now!) and because I have the most sporadic schedule of anyone in my family I have been playing chauffeur. I don't mind though :goodvibes

THEN I decided to go and get a new e-mail address, and something went terribly wrong and it deactivated my Dis account. But I finally got all the kinks worked out and I'm back now! :woohoo:

ANYWHO...BACK TO THE PLANNING! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Alright...so...

I'm a "typical" woman.

I love shoes.

DH says he thinks I have a shoe problem. Although he does not condone it, he has just recently realized that it isn't as bad as it COULD be...for one reason.

Here is something else to know about me. When it comes to a lot of things, especially accessories (shoes fall in this category) I am about QUANTITY...not QUALITY.

Example: My "Ed Hardy" purse. Ed Hardy? Spend $200 dollars on a PURSE? Yea right. More like $35...or $70 if you count the TWO knockoffs I have bought since Christmas. And people ask, "OMG?! Is that an Ed Hardy? I love it!"

UGH.

I can't bring myself to lie. I wish I could. It would be nice for people to think that I had that kind of money to throw around on purses. But I don't. Nor do I have that kind of money to support my shoe habit.

So I also have a complex about wearing shorts and tennis shoes. Some girls can wear their cute little denim shorts and their cute little tennis shoes and it looks adorable. I on the other hand...in my mind, can't. It might have something to do with the fact that I am 5'8 and the 8" counts for my torso and the 5' counts for my legs. They are insanely long. It sucks. DH (who if you'll remember is over 6 feet tall) can put my jeans on (weird I know) and they are actually not really too short if he is barefoot. (NOOOO...he doesn't just randomly wear my jeans. I was trying to make my point about my legs one night and made him see for himself). So because of my tennis shoe/shorts issue, before our last trip to The World I was determined to find some good walking shoes, comparable to tennis shoes, that would look good with shorts.

So I tried to find pictures to put on here but I gave up, so y'all can use your imaginations. You know those cute little Sketchers that look kinda like tennis shoes but have the velcro strap that crosses over the top? The ones that are usually about $50? Yea. I found some at Target in May of last year that looked identical but were $25. :woohoo: So I bought them in plenty of time to try them out with shorts, get them broken in, and ready to go to Disney.

Let me tell you.

Now, almost a year later, THEY STILL HURT MY FEET WHEN I WEAR THEM. They look completely fine with shorts, but I can only wear them with jeans because I have to wear socks with them or the back of my foot will be bleeding by the end of the day. UGH. Needless to say, they didn't make the trip to Disney. I ended up wearing my all time favorite flip-flops (my Reefs) while we were Disneymooning. My feet didn't ever really hurt, and they stayed cool, but by the end of our trip...lets just say it turned into something THREE pedicures couldn't fix. It lead to me having to buy one of those PedEggs and lotion meant specifically for ailing feet.

I really don't need to do flip-flops again this trip. And I can NOT do knock-offs. My "quantity vs quality" is going to have to be thrown out the window in order for my feet to be happy this trip. Honestly, I don't know where to turn.

I'm thinking I may just have to suck it up and wear my tennis shoes. Or just take my PedEgg and lotion with me and pamper my feet every night when we get back to the room. I just can not bring myself to spend $50 on shoes that I'm not sure will even be comfortable. Maybe I should just suck it up. I dunno...:confused3

:mickeyjum And I know that I promised that I would talk about the countdown "project" that has turned into a monster. So I'm talking about it. It has turned into even more of a monster since I made that first comment about it...so much so that I couldn't even get stupid pictures of it without it falling apart.:scared1: Did you know that spray paint eats away at styrofoam? Well it does. And did you know that hot glue melts it? DUH! I thought that I would be able to just use a little bit...WRONG. I have officially made the biggest mess EVER, and spent way more money than I had planned to just fixing it...it's really turning out cute though (I think:rolleyes: ), cute for being a monster anyway. I will get pictures of it up as soon as I have healed it's wounds and have it put BACK together. Oh and after I make another trip to Home Depot for more Mickey heads...I lost a few in this whole process.:rotfl:

I promise promise promise I will never desert the Dis for this long again...it feels good to be back! :yay:

I'm first! So glad to see you back. I definately know how life can take you away from the Dis unfortunately. Glad to hear your grandma is ok. I love me some knock-offs and saving money to. My husband's always saying "you get what you pay for" but it's just too hard and usually ridiculous to get something that looks the same for twice as much. I do suggest finding a good, cute, comfy pair of shoes for disney though. I have the same problem with shoes and shorts, not good on me. My problem with it is that my ankles are too skinny. It seems no matter how big I get( which is growing every day,lol) my ankles stay scrawny and it looks almost like I have pegs,lol. Shoes only make this look worseby purring a stump at the end. Anyway, good luck and let me know if you find a good solution. Can't wait for more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter