• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too much magic?! My first shot at Pre-Tripping! **Updated 2/13/09**FINALLY!!!**

sooner is always better. especially if you can convince your DH that you still need a graduation trip!!!:lmao:

Here are our tentative plans for EPCOT...in AUGUST :thumbsup2
(We had breakfast ADRs before the park opened last time so we got some ah-mazing pictures)

e1.jpg

e3.jpg

e2.jpg

MUSTS

World Showcase- We spent A LOT of time in World Showcase on our last trip. I think that we are going to try to divide Epcot up into 2 sessions and make World Showcase a trip of its own. We are going to try to watch every movie we can, get a snack in every country (maybe skip lunch that day...), and really look at all the details instead of rushing through.
e12.jpg

e14.jpg

e15.jpg

e5.jpg

Maelstrom- I don't know how in the world we missed this on our last trip. We never even saw it I don't think. Much less knew what it was. We gotta do it this time! I wanna know what it is!

Mission:Space- I was not, and am not, a big fan of this ride. It makes me feel like my chest is going to cave in. Either way, I have agreed that if I'm going to drag DH on IASW I will do this with him again because he loves it. Ugh.
e8.jpg

Soarin'- Ok I'm not gonna lie. I was so excited for this on our last trip and I was so disappointed with MYSELF once we got on it. I just couldn't relax and enjoy it knowing that I was so far up in the air...it is an amazing ride though. We are gonna do it again, and I am determined to chill out!
e11.jpg

The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- We loved this! It's too cute!
e9.jpg

Test Track-WOO HOO!! We can't wait for this one!!
e20.jpg

Spaceship Earth- Probably one of our favorite attractions at Epcot only because of the silly little video at the end. We laughed so hard about it last time we were crying by the time we got off the ride!
e19.jpg

Turtle Talk with Crush
- So cute! Love going and just listening to what the kids are going to come up with! They are hilarious!

Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure- As corny as it sounds, we really wanna try this! We just got our 2009 planning DVD last week and when we saw this we were impressed!

Innoventions- We didn't step foot into East or West on our last trip so we are planning to spend some time perusing around it this trip. Just out of curiosity if nothing else.

MUST NOTS

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience- We did this last time. It was definitely cute but not something we are going to make it a point to watch again.

Journey Into Imagination with Figment- Ok I have a funny feeling I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this attraction being in this list. We did it last time and we agreed that it's cute, but there is just so much else to do in Epcot that we missed last time that we have decided to sit this one out.

Ellen's Energy Adventure
- We didn't do this last time and I don't think we are going to take the time to do it this trip either. Just doesn't seem very interesting to us.

MAYBES

Gran Fiesta Tour
- I had never even heard of this until I was poking around on the Epcot website yesterday and saw it on there. Has anyone ever done this? What's it like? We think we might do it if time permits.
e4.jpg

I guess that's it for Epcot. Well other than Illuminations, but I guess I don't even have to say anything about that. pixiedust: If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! We don't want to miss out on anything! :)

Last but not least, Animal Kingdom is up next!

Here are our tentative plans for EPCOT...in AUGUST :thumbsup2
(We had breakfast ADRs before the park opened last time so we got some ah-mazing pictures)

e1.jpg

e3.jpg

e2.jpg

Awesome pictures...Epcot is just beautiful!

MUSTS

World Showcase- We spent A LOT of time in World Showcase on our last trip. I think that we are going to try to divide Epcot up into 2 sessions and make World Showcase a trip of its own. We are going to try to watch every movie we can, get a snack in every country (maybe skip lunch that day...), and really look at all the details instead of rushing through.

This is exactly how we feel about World Showcase. It definitely deserves a lot of attention! Nice plan! :thumbsup2

Maelstrom- I don't know how in the world we missed this on our last trip. We never even saw it I don't think. Much less knew what it was. We gotta do it this time! I wanna know what it is!
This was closed on our last trip so we are gonna try it for the first time too!

Journey Into Imagination with Figment- Ok I have a funny feeling I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this attraction being in this list. We did it last time and we agreed that it's cute, but there is just so much else to do in Epcot that we missed last time that we have decided to sit this one out.

LOL! If you look at my PTR, I put this ride on the same, "Don't Bother" list! :rotfl2: I'm right there with ya!

OMG! I would've had a heart attack right then and there! :faint:

I thought I was going to. I'm sure I got the most horrified look on my face when the lady handed me all the graduation info. She asked if everything was ok and then I asked, "Is this date here correct? The 19th?" as if a State University is going to have a typo on a document that is handed out to hundreds of people every week. :rolleyes:

Hi again Brittney! Well sooner is always better, right?? :thumbsup2 I totally would have cried too....I hate being caught off guard! Good for DH for knowing just what to say! LOL! Congrats on the earlier trip...can't wait to hear your plans!:cool1:

THANK YOU! The more I think about it the more excited I'm getting. It's just now settling in that IT'S FOUR MONTHS SOONER! :cheer2:

sooner is always better. especially if you can convince your DH that you still need a graduation trip!!!:lmao:

Well we have decided that since in August I will officially be finished with all my classes, and only have student teaching left to do, we will still be able to appropriately celebrate my graduation...I tried the whole, "now we have to go again shortly after the first of next year for my real graduation trip" thing and it didn't quite work. I'm still tryin though :bitelip:

LOL! If you look at my PTR, I put this ride on the same, "Don't Bother" list! :rotfl2: I'm right there with ya!

YAY! So that means you got my back when all the Figment lovers come after me!!!!! :p

She asked if everything was ok and then I asked, "Is this date here correct? The 19th?" as if a State University is going to have a typo on a document that is handed out to hundreds of people every week. :rolleyes:

I would've asked too!

I'm joining!! :wave2:

:wave2: Hey there! Welcome along for the ride!!!!

I would've asked too!

I just figured I'd rather be safe than sorry...:guilty: At least I tried.

OK so NOWWWWW...I got my application for Student Teaching next semester and down in really fine small print at the bottom it says "There will be a MANDATORY orientation in August"

God help me.

If we have to reschedule again I think I'm going to go insane. Please pray for me...I'm going to be calling to try to find out when exactly that MANDATORY meeting is going to be later this afternoon.

*FINGERS CROSSED*

Well I will start by saying...THANK GOODNESS!

I called the school and they told me that the MANDATORY meeting was not all that mandatory, and if for some reason I missed it they would work with me. (I took the girls name and direct extension so I could say, "SHE SAID IT!" if anyone gave me any flack about it.::yes:: ) SO...continue the planning.

ANIMAL KINGDOM

ak1.jpg

Ok so I will start by saying that Animal Kingdom is certainly amazing, but it is probably our least favorite park. We spent the least amount of time there on our last trip...but that makes me wonder...which came first? The chicken or the egg? Did we spend the least amount of time there because we are not crazy about the park, or are we not crazy about the park because we didn't spend enough time there and see everything???

Due to my lack of knowledge about this park, I'm going to structure this installment a little different. Pretty much everything that we did in AK last time we are wanting to do again, so I'm just going to list the things we did and the things that we didn't, and out of the things that we didn't do I NEED FEEDBACK!Tell me what we can't miss this time!!!!!! :)

DONE IT

It's Tough To Be a Bug-Did it, loved it. Although DH still laughs at my reaction when we got "stung". LOL
ak9.jpg

Expedition Everest
- One of our favorite coasters in Disney. I was a wuss though and closed my eyes so I never saw the Yetti! I'm determined to see him this time!
ak3.jpg

ak4.jpg

Kilimanjaro Safari- So much fun! We had the greatest driver last time! He was hilarious!
ak7.jpg

Dinosaur- This ride was almost too bumpy DH and mines taste but it was still fun...we loved it because it's just so different from anything else in The World!
ak10.jpg

**Just as a little extra**
We managed to see DiVine last time and we want to see her again!
ak6.jpg

TO TRY...OR NOT TO TRY. That is the question???
Cretaceous Trail
Habitat Habit
Wildlife Express Train to Rafiki's Planet Watch
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Discovery Island Trails
Finding Nemo The Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Flights of Wonder
Kali River Rapids
...here we are with these wet rides again. I think DH would really like to do this but I just don't know if I can bring myself to voluntarily get sopping wet and have to walk around the park the rest of the day. Although, now that we are going in August the temperature is no longer an issue.

Well I guess that's it for our tentative park plans. Next up...our countdown calendar that has turned in to a monster...and shoe shopping :)

[Well I will start by saying...THANK GOODNESS!

I called the school and they told me that the MANDATORY meeting was not all that mandatory, and if for some reason I missed it they would work with me. (I took the girls name and direct extension so I could say, "SHE SAID IT!" if anyone gave me any flack about it.::yes:: ) SO...continue the planning.

:cheer2: :cheer2:

TO TRY...OR NOT TO TRY. That is the question???
Cretaceous Trail
Habitat Habit
Wildlife Express Train to Rafiki's Planet Watch
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Discovery Island Trails
Finding Nemo The Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Flights of Wonder
Kali River Rapids
...here we are with these wet rides again. I think DH would really like to do this but I just don't know if I can bring myself to voluntarily get sopping wet and have to walk around the park the rest of the day. Although, now that we are going in August the temperature is no longer an issue.

I would say skip the train ride to Rafiki's. We did not do it last trip and heard from a friend who went shortly after us that she wished they hadn't wasted their time.

I recommend the Jungle Trek and the Forest Trail. You can do them at your leisure so you can spend as little or as much time as you like. We enjoyed the tigers and the gorillas.

I've heard good things about Nemo and we are looking forward to doing it on this trip. The lines seem endless, but we're going to make it a priority.

We really enjoyed Festival of the Lion King and it's one of the only shows we saw last trip that we will definitely see again.

I'm lukewarm on the bird show..I hate birds, so I'd prefer to opt out!!

As far as Kali goes....my experience was different than most I have read. I stayed mostly dry except for a few small splashes. I was disappointed! :sad1: I say dress in lightweight clothes that will dry and go for it! LOL! You only live once! :thumbsup2

Have fun with the rest of your planning! I'll be waiting to hear more! :)

I would most certainly do Finding Nemo the Musical. It was amazing!!!!! I love the festival of the Lion King show too - the bird acrobats are fantastic! and how can you not do Kali?????? You will dry! Bring spare knickers! :rotfl:

Good lord, I'm so glad you didn't have to reschedule again! And good idea writing down the girl's name you talked to! :rotfl2:

Just came across your Pre-trippie and couldn't stop reading it. It is now 1:15 a.m. and I have my son's bday party to get ready for at noon tomorrow:scared: Anyway, Love the way you write, it's like reading a book... a good one. Could comment on a lot but just don't have the time...have to say the attic thing had me hystarically laughing though...sounds like something that would happen to me, you poor thing. We are going in Dec. this year for our first time with the decorations so I'm excited about that. Bummer that you had to change your trip but lucky you that you don't have as long to wait. Can't wait for more.

I'm glad you didn't have to re-schedule again. It just a pain to have re-work everything and find a time to go. :thumbsup2

As for what do or not to do?
We love the walking trails and seeing the animals.
FOTLK: I thought it was great. Or I would have if I'd been awake. I fell asleep, not that it was boring, I was just exhausted, it was dark and cool. :faint:
DW and I both thought Flights of Wonder was really cool. It's nothing over the top, it's just a neat show with lots of different birds. it's cute and fun, and sitting down (I'm a big fan of sitting down)

Rafki's planet watch is kinda neat. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to do it again. Unless that's where the petting zoo is. I don't remember (bad DISer) But again, that's a personal thing, DW and I are both big animal lovers, and playing w/ and petting animals is just cool.

Kali River Rapids: We loved it. It's a cool ride, and a lot of fun. Wet or not.

I actually recomend some of the "kiddy" rides if the lines are short. Some of the little coasters are a lot of fun. Not very thrillicious, but fun anyhow.

I really liked Nemo and the Lion King show. It is amazing how great the artists were in the Lion King.
And I will have to say I went into Nemo thinking I would not like it. I thought with seeing the actual people holding the puppets that it would detract from the show. But it was really neat in that the actors looked the part and how they worked that into the show. I felt there were some parts that could have been better, but all in all, I was wonderfully suprised and amazed at how good it turned out. So I say go.

Hey. I linked over off of a friends report to see what was going on (since we'll be at WDW the same time in August) We're going for free dining...that starts on the 23rd, but we're going 5 days early so our trips will cross.

Then I start reading and see that YOU fell through the floor from your attic about the same time my MIL did this. In her case it was hilarious :lmao: because she's a meanie and deserved it. I'm sorry it happened to you though. :flower3:

Now this is weird too...I was just at Disney...Dec 13th-21st! My package was Dec 14th-21st...we just added on an extra day. Our Disney paths seem to cross a lot huh?

BTW love the JD pics and the cowgirl boots! :thumbsup2

Hey Girl! I just found your pre-trippie and I'm totally hooked!

But aww man, yall are going to be leaving the day we arrive for our August trip!

And I'm thinking you should totally share your makeup tricks! Love it! :goodvibes

:cheer2: :cheer2:

I would say skip the train ride to Rafiki's. We did not do it last trip and heard from a friend who went shortly after us that she wished they hadn't wasted their time.

I recommend the Jungle Trek and the Forest Trail. You can do them at your leisure so you can spend as little or as much time as you like. We enjoyed the tigers and the gorillas.

I've heard good things about Nemo and we are looking forward to doing it on this trip. The lines seem endless, but we're going to make it a priority.

We really enjoyed Festival of the Lion King and it's one of the only shows we saw last trip that we will definitely see again.

I'm lukewarm on the bird show..I hate birds, so I'd prefer to opt out!!

As far as Kali goes....my experience was different than most I have read. I stayed mostly dry except for a few small splashes. I was disappointed! :sad1: I say dress in lightweight clothes that will dry and go for it! LOL! You only live once! :thumbsup2

Have fun with the rest of your planning! I'll be waiting to hear more!
Thanks you so much for the tips! We have also heard that the line for Nemo is ALWAYS long...I guess we will just seee what kind of patience we have that day. LOL

I would most certainly do Finding Nemo the Musical. It was amazing!!!!! I love the festival of the Lion King show too - the bird acrobats are fantastic! and how can you not do Kali?????? You will dry! Bring spare knickers!
I usually wear flip-flops in the park so they should be ok...it's my pants I'm worried about :crazy2: ;)

Good lord, I'm so glad you didn't have to reschedule again! And good idea writing down the girl's name you talked to!
THANKS! ME TOO! I just figured that, just like asking if the date was correct, I should cover all my bases. :rotfl:

Just came across your Pre-trippie and couldn't stop reading it. It is now 1:15 a.m. and I have my son's bday party to get ready for at noon tomorrow:scared: Anyway, Love the way you write, it's like reading a book... a good one. Could comment on a lot but just don't have the time...have to say the attic thing had me hystarically laughing though...sounds like something that would happen to me, you poor thing. We are going in Dec. this year for our first time with the decorations so I'm excited about that. Bummer that you had to change your trip but lucky you that you don't have as long to wait. Can't wait for more.
HI THERE!!!!! Welcome!!!!! :wave: So glad your enjoying it! And YAY for going to Disney in December...we will make it there during the holidays eventually...::yes:: Oh, and I sure hope the birthday party went well! :cheer2:

I'm glad you didn't have to re-schedule again. It just a pain to have re-work everything and find a time to go. :thumbsup2

As for what do or not to do?
We love the walking trails and seeing the animals.
FOTLK: I thought it was great. Or I would have if I'd been awake. I fell asleep, not that it was boring, I was just exhausted, it was dark and cool. :faint:
DW and I both thought Flights of Wonder was really cool. It's nothing over the top, it's just a neat show with lots of different birds. it's cute and fun, and sitting down (I'm a big fan of sitting down)

Rafki's planet watch is kinda neat. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to do it again. Unless that's where the petting zoo is. I don't remember (bad DISer) But again, that's a personal thing, DW and I are both big animal lovers, and playing w/ and petting animals is just cool.

Kali River Rapids: We loved it. It's a cool ride, and a lot of fun. Wet or not.

I actually recomend some of the "kiddy" rides if the lines are short. Some of the little coasters are a lot of fun. Not very thrillicious, but fun anyhow.
Oh I totally agree...we are huge fans of sitting down as well. If we do decide to do alll the little trails then we will most likely do all the shows...just to even out the walking and sitting. :rotfl2: As far as the kiddie rides are concerned, I forgot to mention, we did ride the Primeval Whirl on our last trip. It was fun but nothing we would actually wait in line for again...there is a similar ride here at the State Fair of Texas every year and we usually ride it then :)

I really liked Nemo and the Lion King show. It is amazing how great the artists were in the Lion King.
And I will have to say I went into Nemo thinking I would not like it. I thought with seeing the actual people holding the puppets that it would detract from the show. But it was really neat in that the actors looked the part and how they worked that into the show. I felt there were some parts that could have been better, but all in all, I was wonderfully suprised and amazed at how good it turned out. So I say go.
I'm glad to hear this about Nemo. I have actually always thought the same thing. I figured it would just be weird to see the people holding the puppets but I'm glad to know they've gotten the actors into it so it all flows together...the more I hear about it, the more I'm thinkin Nemo is going to be a must see for us! :cool1:

Hey. I linked over off of a friends report to see what was going on (since we'll be at WDW the same time in August) We're going for free dining...that starts on the 23rd, but we're going 5 days early so our trips will cross.

Then I start reading and see that YOU fell through the floor from your attic about the same time my MIL did this. In her case it was hilarious :lmao: because she's a meanie and deserved it. I'm sorry it happened to you though. :flower3:

Now this is weird too...I was just at Disney...Dec 13th-21st! My package was Dec 14th-21st...we just added on an extra day. Our Disney paths seem to cross a lot huh?

BTW love the JD pics and the cowgirl boots! :thumbsup2
:wave: HEY! Glad you've joined us! And WOW, that's so awesome that our trips are going to overlap! And such a coincidence about the whole December thing! Where are yall stayin?

Hey Girl! I just found your pre-trippie and I'm totally hooked!

But aww man, yall are going to be leaving the day we arrive for our August trip!

And I'm thinking you should totally share your makeup tricks! Love it! :goodvibes
WELCOME!!!! :goodvibes That stinks that our trips are so close...yet so far away...:sad2: As far as the makeup...I'm so glad you asked :teeth: I just happen to be a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant...(ok so I'm not gonna lie...I do more wearing than I do selling but HEY it's half price for me!) and that is my trick. That stuff is amazing! Where are you from? If you don't know anyone who sells it, I bet I could find someone to hook ya up with if you'd like! :thumbsup2

Sorry you had to reschedule your trip.. I know how that feels.. it seems almost everytime we book a trip we have to change it.. this time.. I waited to book it.. it changed like 3 times and then I finally booked it. I also purchased my flight- so its staying that way for good! hehe but on a good note..

You get to go earlier!!! YAY! :rotfl:

Also, my dh and I love world showcase! We always spend so much time here.. we are actually giving epcot 2 days this trip. We couldn't help it.. who knows if it will change once we are their. BUT there is so much to do and we missed a lot last time.

We are also doing breakfast before the parks open. Except.. we are doing it at MK at Crystal Palace.. we also heard its a great time to take pics.

MY DH and I also DIDNOT like Mission Space.. it was to intense for me to enjoy it. We opted out to not do it again.. and then I heard there is a more moderate version now. So DH said he would try it but honestly, I don't want to. The view and stuff was cool but the whole gravity thing is not for me. :sad2:

We have never rode Soarin.. I know SHOCKER! Actually in 2005- I think is when it first came out.. I was still extremely new to disney.. and I didn't even notice or hear about it until I was at home a few weeks later.. and was like WTHeck! But when we went we already had everything set in stone.. so it wouldn't of mattered.. we focused on the things we already chose.

We are looking forward to the Nemo & friends, and Test track as well!

Turtle talk with Crush- we have never done! This is on my forsure no matter what list!

Hey Brittney! I just found your report and I'm psyched to find another girl on here around my age. I'm 21 and I think you're somewhere around there? There's a bunch of us on here now, it's so fun talking to everyone!

You and your DH are too cute together. Congrats on the wedding and the upcoming anniversary! :goodvibes Your report's cracking me up! I'm soooooo sorry about your hair, that would have freaked me out :sad1: But your attic story had me laughing!! :lmao: I'm glad you're OK!

We always go to Disney in August and love it. Yes it's hot but Florida always means heat for us, and August isn't crowded at all, especially compared to December. Plus there's no tour groups around to have to deal with :rolleyes: It would have been awesome to meet up for a little while this summer but we leave on the 15th! We'll be driving out as you fly in.

I love all your "Must-Do" lists. I agree about the World Showcase, it's my absolute favorite part of Disney! :lovestruc We always spend 4-days at Epcot - 2 days in Future World and 2 days in the World Showcase. I love that park! I also felt the same way about Animal Kingdom after our first time there... it was nice but nothing special. After our trip in the summer of 2007 though, I love it! Really take your time walking around and taking it all in... it's a great place!

Thanks for sharing all your plans and keeping us entertained, your report's too funny! If you get a chance, stop by mine to say hi. Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter