Too many snack credits

Why anyone would buy snacks and share while on DP is beyond me. Just get what you want is what I tell my family members, use them up!!! If you don't want all of the ice cream, just don't eat it!! Get a drink of your own, and if someone else wants one, just get them one, no sharing is required!! On the way to the room at night we go to the food court and get Mickey bars or fruit or something, anything the kids want for a midnight snack. We usually run out of snacks before the last day because we just use them!!

Why anyone would buy snacks and share while on DP is beyond me. Just get what you want is what I tell my family members, use them up!!! If you don't want all of the ice cream, just don't eat it!! Get a drink of your own, and if someone else wants one, just get them one, no sharing is required!! On the way to the room at night we go to the food court and get Mickey bars or fruit or something, anything the kids want for a midnight snack. We usually run out of snacks before the last day because we just use them!!

I don't get the sharing either. We get our own drinks, own ice cream, etc. I don't make my kids share food and drinks at home, why would I make them share snacks and drinks on the dining plan??

Some guests were taking advantage of Disney's generosity, via the unofficial $4 policy, and were using snack credits for items that were clearly not single serving. I'm referring to the box of donuts and the large containers of milk as examples.

Those customers didn't do anything wrong but it's not fair to complain when Disney limits included snacks by eliminating snacks that clearly aren't single serving sized.

To each your own - but our family often enjoys sharing snacks, especially when that means that people get to have a little bit of a bunch of different things, especially in WS. Plus, my dd often eats only a small portion of her ice cream, so while I wouldn't necessarily order my own, I don't mind finishing hers, lol. As for sharing drinks, having fewer drinks means fewer items to juggle as we are walking around.

To each your own - but our family often enjoys sharing snacks, especially when that means that people get to have a little bit of a bunch of different things, especially in WS. Plus, my dd often eats only a small portion of her ice cream, so while I wouldn't necessarily order my own, I don't mind finishing hers, lol. As for sharing drinks, having fewer drinks means fewer items to juggle as we are walking around.

I totally agree with you... i often share snacks drinks with my kids... my dh on the other hand can't stand it and i'm sure will use up any extra stuff we have b/c he will always need his own. my middle dd eats like a bird and i can't imagine a 3 year finshing off a bottle of pop if that's what she wanted... no way. she can maybe a drink or 2 of mine ...

I refuse to pay money for water when I can easily get it for free... but I was known to use snack credits for Diet Coke.

We used a lot of our snack credits. There were three of us on the DxDP for 7nights, that meant 63 snacks between us. What we did was use them for breakfast or lunch. By the last day we had 20 left and went to Goofy's Candy shop for some yummies to take home with us. They are in the fridge right now.

My kids are pretty much trained not to ask for things when we are out, like candy or drinks. When we were on the dining plan, it was hard for us to remember to use our snack credits, too!

I totally understand the sharing in your case - everyone gets to try something different, but I don't understand some being "frugal" with their snacks. They seem to want to save the snack credits for later, so they share one when they could have each had their own snack (and these are not little ones who can't eat it all :confused3 ), then they complain because there are too many snacks left over at the end of their trip. They say the dining plan is "too much food" for this reason. These are the people who also "save" their CS the same way they save their snack credits, and complain, complain, complain :rolleyes1 about the dining plan being "too much food." We love the dining plan, and the Delux plan is for our family all the way!!! Can't wait till April!! :dance3:

Since we went the last week in Sept. the Food and Wine Fest was just starting, our last day we had 5 or 6 SC left (but I must admit we were saving then for the fest), we went over to EPCOT or last day and within 15-20 min we used then all up. And saved the last one to split a school bread at Kringla.
This year you can't share so at Kringla they have taken away the plastic knifes which would allow cutting a school bread in half and sharing.
Well I'll just eat the whole school bread myself this year!

Since we went the last week in Sept. the Food and Wine Fest was just starting, our last day we had 5 or 6 SC left (but I must admit we were saving then for the fest), we went over to EPCOT or last day and within 15-20 min we used then all up. And saved the last one to split a school bread at Kringla.
This year you can't share so at Kringla they have taken away the plastic knifes which would allow cutting a school bread in half and sharing.
Well I'll just eat the whole school bread myself this year!

Who said you can't share your school bread? I haven't heard that you are not allowed to share snacks. Try and stop me from giving my kids some if they just want to try a bite!! Where did you get your info? Maybe you could just pack some plastic silverware in your backpack...

Who said you can't share your school bread? I haven't heard that you are not allowed to share snacks. Try and stop me from giving my kids some if they just want to try a bite!! Where did you get your info? Maybe you could just pack some plastic silverware in your backpack...

Only kidding you can still share a single snack, just not get a box of donuts or did I see a big bag of chips something that you can pass around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter