Too many meals at HS?

smelton521

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. We are taking DS4 and DD5 on their first trip to WDW in May. This will most likely be our only trip until they are 12-13. I originally just had lunch at HS booked at H&V for the Disney Jr characters. Then today I was able to book the Star Wars breakfast and dinner. Now I am worried we will be spending too much time eating and won't have enough time for the rides and shows they will want to do. We are only doing HS 1 day and do not have park hoppers. We won't do Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, or wait in line for Sofia, Doc or Jake meet n greets. But I do hope to get DS in Jedi Training. I feel like breakfast and lunch are the must-do's but really think the kids would love dinner, too. Should I drop dinner or should we be able to do most of what is good for their age with keeping all 3 meals? My kids are picky eaters so I don't see us eating for 2 hours or anything. Here are meal times:
9:20am - Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast
1:55pm - H&V Disney Jr lunch
7pm - Star Wars H&V Fantasmic Dining package

TIA for your feedback!

Just my opinion, but too many and too expensive with the price increases for the Star Wars characters. Not to mention, unless Disney has said otherwise because of the addition of the Star Wars characters, the food will be the same at lunch and dinner.

DHS is tricky to fit into one day sometimes because of all the shows and trying to fit them in. Of course it depends what you want to do there, but I think DHS is a hard park to try and see in one day (even if you aren't doing RnRC and ToT) while trying to eat 3 sit down meals there.

Hi everyone. We are taking DS4 and DD5 on their first trip to WDW in May. This will most likely be our only trip until they are 12-13. I originally just had lunch at HS booked at H&V for the Disney Jr characters. Then today I was able to book the Star Wars breakfast and dinner. Now I am worried we will be spending too much time eating and won't have enough time for the rides and shows they will want to do. We are only doing HS 1 day and do not have park hoppers. We won't do Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, or wait in line for Sofia, Doc or Jake meet n greets. But I do hope to get DS in Jedi Training. I feel like breakfast and lunch are the must-do's but really think the kids would love dinner, too. Should I drop dinner or should we be able to do most of what is good for their age with keeping all 3 meals? My kids are picky eaters so I don't see us eating for 2 hours or anything. Here are meal times:
9:20am - Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast
1:55pm - H&V Disney Jr lunch
7pm - Star Wars H&V Fantasmic Dining package

TIA for your feedback!

Based on their ages and the characters at each of those meals I would keep Breakfast & Lunch and get rid of the Dinner

Jedi Training will take almost an hour of your time... your son will need to report to his session 30 minutes in advance and the session is 20 minutes.

If you are going on an evening EMH day, you can see Sofia and Jake at the Disney Jr. Dance Party.

Your little ones won't be afraid of the Dark Side characters at breakfast? And, you'll only have three hours between the end of your breakfast and lunch. When are you planning to use Fp+?

Jedi Training will take almost an hour of your time... your son will need to report to his session 30 minutes in advance and the session is 20 minutes.

If you are going on an evening EMH day, you can see Sofia and Jake at the Disney Jr. Dance Party.

Your little ones won't be afraid of the Dark Side characters at breakfast? And, you'll only have three hours between the end of your breakfast and lunch. When are you planning to use Fp+?

Isn't it Mickey Minnie Donald Chip & Dale ( in SW outfits ) at the breakfast and the more adult ones for dinner ?

That's a tough one, I'd want to cancel the dinner but I think the characters are better for little ones. (Of course you know your dses so maybe they would like the breakfast characters better). I wouldn't want to go to the same restaurant for lunch and dinner though, especially if the menu is the same.
I think 3 sit down meals is alot when you have one day in the park though. Sorry OP I'm not really much help.

I'd cancel lunch since the breakfast/dinner are special. Maybe grab a small something in between since dinner will be a filling buffet. This way, you'll have more time to do things and save some $.

Sci Fi will show Star Wars clips and Troopers, Jawas, Greedo, Boba Fett and Darth will be there.

Hollywood and Vine has Chip and Dale and the VIP characters.

http://www.disneydining.com/new-character-meals-announced-star-wars-weekends/

DD is a Padawan in JTA so we were discussing the logistics of all this today.

Thank you I had wrong information so based on that I now change my opinion
totally Keep the dinner meal better for kids that age I think Go sign up for Jedi as soon as you get to the park and wing it for brkfst & lunch

Thank you I had wrong information so based on that I now change my opinion
totally Keep the dinner meal better for kids that age I think Go sign up for Jedi as soon as you get to the park and wing it for brkfst & lunch

You're welcome!:) It's amazing how this news broke last night and then everyone knew about it.

Maybe the OP can cancel SciFi for breakfast and book H&V for breakfast with the Disney Jr. characters; QS/CS for lunch. I just wouldn't trust SciFi for breakfast at $50/person

I'd cancel lunch since the breakfast/dinner are special. Maybe grab a small something in between since dinner will be a filling buffet. This way, you'll have more time to do things and save some $.

I agree. Who knows when you will get the chance to experience the Star Wars meals again.

We were in a similar situation after yesterday's SW openings :) I have DS-8, DD-6 and DD-4. Originally, I had H&V bfast and Mama Melrose for Fantasmic dining. After I realized at 11am that they were offering Star Wars meals I went into a panic because I wanted to decide quickly which SW meal we wanted and then what to do with the rest of our dining at DHS. We only planned to do DHS for one day and Princess Sofia is a must for DD and SW dining a must for DS. At first I booked the SW bfast for a different day and the Fantasmic SW dinner and added a H&V lunch. Then in the next hour I went through many iterations of meals and a frantic phone call to DH!! I was going to do what you have now but after thinking about it, realized it was way to much - especially since the SW meals are 2 dining credits. Like PP said, it will be too much time at sit down meals during one day, plus, even with ADR's people have been known to wait for their reservations. AND, while it doesn't happen often, sometimes the characters can take a little longer to get to each table.

Ultimately we went with the Sci Fi bfast because I felt my son would enjoy the "real" SW characters over the dinner Disney SW characters (DD's have also seen star wars and while my 4 yo may be a little scared, the 6 yo won't). I booked that in the morning on the day we go to Epcot (since we weren't planning on rope dropping there). Then we can take the ferry to Epcot from DHS (maybe we'll sneak in a ride on TSMM before leaving). Then, on my originally planned DHS day, we have bfast at H&V and Mama for Fantasmic. I wish I could keep both but I will have to cancel one of these as we don't have enough credits for our other meals - so I will either cancel bfast and do the Sofia M&G (DD's won't miss Doc McStuffins) or cancel Fantasmic dining and wait in line.... I think all 3 in one day is too much, but if money (and dining credits) are no object, maybe do 2 one day and the 3rd on a 2nd day when you park hop??

I was already going over on our dining credits BEFORE the news of the Star Wars meals broke. Now I am absurdly over so I really need to make changes. The kids don't know about our trip yet but we talk about "one day when we go to WDW" a lot and watch the planning video, YouTube, etc. This morning DS4 was talking about Star Wars so I told him about how WDW has 2 cool places where you can eat with Star Wars characters. He was much more drawn to seeing the "real" dark side characters and watching movie clips while we eat. I showed him pics of Mickey and the gang dressed up in SW outfits and he said he didn't want to meet them! Ha! I think he was trying to be "cool" so he acted like Mickey was for little kids. But he still looked at tons of pics of Mickey, Donald, etc., and had to show them all to me. So now I am thinking I may drop both the dinner and lunch to save money/dining credits. DS now says he doesn't like Jake, and while DD loves Sofia she could live if we don't see Doc, so we could just do the Sofia m&g. I may wait until after May 4th to change anything so I can read what the experience is like at both and then make the final decision. I also thought about splitting up and having DH take DS to SW breakfast and I could take DD to H&V breakfast but I want to see DS' reaction to Darth Vader!

You know your kids best, but Fantasmic! can be on the scary side. My DS6 wouldn't go near it (but he tends to be a bit on the nervous side) so I'd personally stick w/breakfast and lunch if they were far enough apart. H&V lunch is a buffet and can be pretty filling so you could possibly make a late lunch ressie and just have a light dinner later (QS or snacks even).

Are you sure there is stuff on the menus for the picky eaters??? My DS eats only pasta or rice and lunch/dinner....so no character meals had PLAIN stuff that he'd want or be a price I'd be comfortable with!

Really.... all 3 is too much time and too much food.

And I skipped sci-fi diner completely since I thought that my DS at 4 almost 5 would be afraid of #1 the dark...and #2.. all the monster and stuff that they show on the "drive-in" movie screen.

These are just thoughts.... but honestly... I think you should figure out which ONE you really think they'd enjoy the characters at and eat something at.... and go for that one. We left the park mid afternoon for a swim and nap back at our resort. Got FP for everything we wanted and accomplished it all by 2pm! I never booked a breakfast, we ate stuff that I had garden grocer deliver.... faster and cheaper and then we sat down for lunches... they are cheaper than dinners and you want to sit down for lunch and take a break!

Just to clarify: the movie clips during the Star Wars Dark Side breakfast @ SciFi will be from Star Wars movies. Everything is themed around Star Wars.

Keep in mind too that you won't know what time slot you'll get for the Jedi Training until you get there. We waited in line for almost an hour to get my boys spots when we were there in October.

Another thing to consider is that three sit down meals may be too much food for your family. We are not light eaters at all but we found that one table service meal filled us up more than normal. On out HS day, we had 8 am breakfast at HV and didn't eat again until 2-3 and we went to pizza planet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter