Too long of a stay?

We went for 14 days and loved it. We had 10 day with park hopper tickets. We drove to the ocean a few days. It was the best vacation we have ever had. It gives you the time for breaks and relaxing.

You can also look into tours that don't require tickets. Since you will have teens with you, you have a lot of options. We love the tours!

We have done 2 weeks twice, but we get an 8 day pass and do 3 break days (and two travel days where the whole day flying). I have been spoiled and I don't think I could ever go back to a one week trip ;)

I hope to do a two week trip with my kids one year! The longest we have ever done is 8 nights. I would consider getting an AP pass for at least one of you so you can use the Tables in Wonderland discount and the 10% off merchanise discount.

DDs are requesting a 2 week stay at WDW. I notice tickets for the parks are only for 10 days (except for AP).
* Has anyone else stayed for that time period?
* If so, what was your general itinerary?

We will be staying in August 2016 (I know, hot!) and I imagine we will be incorporating frequent breaks. My children are older (they will both be teens by the time we go to WDW) but they are not fans of a lot of heat. I need some feedback on those that have gone for longer time periods so that I know if this is reasonable or just crazy. Thanks in advance!

We are going next week for 14 nights - we always get AP's, then go and come as we feel like it - no pressure to 'use' a certain amount of days/or hours! We go twice (sometimes 3 times) in an AP year, so we get our worth from it. It's not much different in price from a 10 day with hoppers. Some trips we only stay 10 nights, but still worth it to us.

We've done 10 days and I can see doing 14 days when ds is older. For a 14 day trip I'd probably get an 8 day ticket with the WPF&M option. You can always add one or two more days if you get rained out one day, etc..

We have gone 2 weeks in August the past 3 years and will this year. We do have APs. Our plan is to do a split stay, usually off site the first week and at Beach Club second half. This summer we are at CSR then BC. We always go early then take a break and then return to the parks after dinner. It is so nice to actually just tour relaxed. We do not use the water parks but I think that is a great addition!

As my general vacation rule, make sure you leave yourself a day before and at least a day after to take off of work. IE, if you can take 14 days from work, make your Disney trip 11 or 12 days. I always feel like I need a vacation when I get back from Disney ;) There is nothing worse than coming home on a Sunday and having to go back to work the very next day.

And I'll echo what the others suggested about the WP&M option. I used to always add it, but never used it. My mentality was "we have waterparks here. If I'm going to go to Disney, I'm going to the parks!". Man was I wrong! The wife talked me into it last year and I've been kicking myself for not doing it before. TL came out of refurb the day after we got there and BB was already open. We did both of them during out 8 night stay and it was a blast! It was nice to get away from the parks for a day or two and play in the water. We ended up doing the water parks on the days that TouringPlans said the main parks would be packed and it was great!

Lucky!! We have only done week long trips and returning trips that are 4 days long. We have AP's too. :)

I booked an 11day stay at Pop Century and bought a 6 day parkhopper/water park giving us12 days in parks (we'll double up on one day).

Me and my family stay at at the Poly for three to four weeks every other year. This is quite a lot, but we love it! We do have very relaxed days, which makes it easier. I don't think many people stay for this long as usually CM's are quite surprised when we tell them Two weeks definitely isn't too long of a stay. We would usually go out early in the morning for EMH, return to the resort for a swim and relax and then go out and do fireworks in the evening, maybe ride a couple rides. If you think you'll get bored on property, there is loads and loads to do in the orlando area. I would recommend Discovery Cove (even w/o the dolphin swimming it's an amazing day and much cheaper), Universal, Celebration town and the NASA place. There is heaps to do!

We are going next summer last part of June and over July 4th for 13 nights. We have 7 day park hopper. We are waiting to add 3 more days when we arrive due to one person may leave earlier. But with the park hopper we don't really need the ten days because of the water parks, Disney Quest, Putt Putt, Downtown Disney, that we will do, also. Hope to rest some during all of that LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter