Too late for September ADRs?

TheLadyTremain

Mouseketeer
My family has decided to change our trip dates from November to September. I know Disney is offering a free dining promo. for September. Does this mean it will be difficult to get ADRs this late in the game?

I am hoping to avoid a castle meal so if I miss out on the ADR, I am cool. I would like Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, and the Biergarten and am flexible with other restaurants. I can't be overly flexible on times as we will have a slew of small kids with us who might have meltdowns of horrific proportions if we are eating a sit down dinner late.

Thanks!!!!

My family has decided to change our trip dates from November to September. I know Disney is offering a free dining promo. for September. Does this mean it will be difficult to get ADRs this late in the game?

I am hoping to avoid a castle meal so if I miss out on the ADR, I am cool. I would like Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, and the Biergarten and am flexible with other restaurants. I can't be overly flexible on times as we will have a slew of small kids with us who might have meltdowns of horrific proportions if we are eating a sit down dinner late.

Thanks!!!!

Its never too late!!! As long as your not picky of course. biergarten & whispering canyon shouldnt be a problem to get. Chef Mickeys might be thou. I am going to disney in august and i just booked my ADR's last week. I got: Cape May, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, California Grill, The Plaza, Whispering Canyon. When i did the search, i simply clicked on "lunch" or "breakfast" instead of clicking on a specific time...and a bunch of free times popped up. Good luck! :yay:

Don't know what dates you're planning in September but I've just picked the 6th at random and there are early tables (pre 7 pm)for 5 (not sure if thats enough) for all three restaurants you've mentioned.

I planned our last two trips 12 weeks out... got great accommodation and ate in some fab restaurants like Ohanas, Biergarten, Wispering Canyon, Chef Mickeys, Narcoosees, Crystal Palace etc etc.... so I think you will be able to get some great ADR's.

Have you planned your dates and which parks you're are going to yet?

Have you planned your dates and which parks you're are going to yet?

Our dates aren't set in stone yet but I imagine we will be there the last week in September into Oct. 1 or 2nd. I hope to have everything ironed out by Sunday when I see our extended family. I am going to come up with a mock schedule for our days so I can get cracking on ADRs when our plans are booked.

I also have to admit, I totally forgot about the online system. It was fairly new on our last trip and I could never get it to work so I have always relied on calling Disney directly. I might have to go and play around with the system.

We were at WDW April 30th-May 8th. I already had another ressie booked for Sept 26th-Oct 2nd, but wheile we were down there decided to go with the bounceback offer instead. We were unable to get either of our desired resorts for that week under the bounceback deal, so switched the trip to Sept 10th-18th. When I came back I canceled all of my ADRs for the Sept 26th-Oct 2nd trip. However, I couldn't rebook them, due to family trying to decide if they wanted to come or not. Finally a little over a week ago, I gave up on them deciding and went online to see what was available. I was shocked at all the availability (Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, Bomas, 'Ohana, Le Cellier, all the Signature restaurants, etc). I didn't have any trouble getting everything I wanted at the times I wanted.:confused3

We went last September with all our ADRs set. We found ourself wanting other things to eat other then what the ADR was for. We got in to these restaurants with out a wait, just walking up and asking: La Hacienda de San Angel, Teppan Edo, Liberty Tree Tavern
It worked out great. Friends of our has walked up to Le Cellier a bunch of times and only has been turned away two times. You should be fine even without adrs.

We just booked a package a week or so ago & making/getting adr's was abso NO prob at all. 'Ohana was thee only one that seemed to have the "fewest" times open but I still managed to get an adr that works with our schedule.

You can always go to the online system and check hypothetical dates for times you might be going, and see what's available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter