Too hot?

KarenC - great observation about MN. We actually say if you don't like the weather....wait two minutes! It was fun to read your "hijack"! Good luck with your daughter's schooling.

Minniesotaluvsmickey - sounds like your leaning towards going -- have fun and start a countdown clock to add to your fun :Pinkbounc

Our school district starts early, but also ends early, and the Spring break is several weeks before Easter. Last year we went at Spring break, March 22 I think, and it was wonderful. Beautiful weather, manageable crowds. Highly recommend March! I want to go back this year, but our AP's have expired, we're supposed to be taking a break. We also went when school let out, last week of May, first week of June. Again, crowds weren't bad, had some hot days, but pools are good. DD and I went first week in August just before school started, crowded and HOT! We did a lot of pin trading and pool time. If your school system has a slightly different schedule from most of the country, take advantage of it! Diana

I Took my whole family last june and it was so hot and rained every day all day....hot rain, with the ponchos on it was like steamcooking . the parks were mobbed even though it rained , the whole trip is like a blur, I would never do it again, for the brief 1 minute the sun was out I felt like the hair was going to burn off my head...........but that is just me I don't like the heat......love going when its cold here and springlike in disney

We go in August every year mostly because of work and the school year. Yeah it's hot but we've gradually shifted our priorities around to do the parks late afternoon and evening and the pools in the morning to mid-day. Since we go at least once every year I don't feel as pressured to be constantly trying to maintain a schedule so we don't miss something.

Well we have been there in Sept. (beginning and end), then we had to switch to summer due to school. We went the last two weeks of Aug and the 10-20 of July.

We actually didn't notice a difference in heat at all. We did find out of the two summer months August seemed a little less busy. We would choose August first but would not hesitate to go in July either.

It is very warm but we seemed to do ok. I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter when you choose to go.

Kim

We did late July in 2002 and would try to get to the parks at opening (there were no early hours for resort guests that year). There was no problem getting on all of the popular rides a few times before the crowds struck. By about noon, however, the parks would get crowded and the temperature would start to get nasty, so we'd grab a quick lunch and then head back to the resort at 2:00, or so. After a couple of hours cooling off in the pool and the room, we'd head back to a park in early evening and things would be calmer and cooler.

One great thing about the summer is that you really appreciate the water parks, but they do get really crowded (and you can't get a Fast Pass for Summit Plummet, can you?). However, even Blizzard Beach wasn't bad first thing in the morning and we bailed at 2:00 when it started to get crowded. It's pretty common for them to close the water parks to new entries by the afternoon because of the crowds, too.

We did get hot, but it was never unbearable. We schlepped 3-4 bottles of water with us and kept them full all day. All of the interior rides are air conditioned, so you can keep cooling off. Standing in lines was the hardest part. Here's another tip for beating the heat--all of the restrooms that we visited were air conditioned too! We only had one bout of rain during the week we were there and that lasted maybe 30 minutes.

We went this past June and have decided NEVER again in the summer!! We ended up changing our clothes a couple times during the day becuase of the humidity. We welcomed the rain we got caught in. (Although I wouldn't recommend doing the Bug's Life movie while wet. It was a tad chilly..lol) Becuase of all the humidity I had to come home and make a Dr. appt:(
I do recommend sports sandels instead of tennis shoes. I was leary becuase I was afraid my feet would get stepped on but it all worked out ok. I tried to wear my reg. shoes one evening but my feet were extremely hot. We want to plan our next trip for a cooler month. Maybe sometime between Jan and MArch:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter