Too good to be true? PhotoPass+

Grandma T

Earning My Ears
If I pre order PhotoPass+ for DL and pay $69.95, I can download all our photos taken at DL, DCA, rides and Character Meals?!?! It seems too good to be true. What's the catch? Are there additional fees when you go to download the pictures? Any other hidden fees?

Nope. No additional fees. I used one for our October trip, and already pre ordered for next month. We didn't even do character meals, and I thought it was totally worth it.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

It's a great deal!! We did it for our December trip and the one first part of March!! You can either download the pics or order the CD (I like having the hard copy......tradition....lol) If you order the CD, you won't be charged for the shipping. There is a code inside of your photopass case you will receive...you will use this at checkout to bring your balance to $0. Don't forget to take the voucher on the outside of the case to the park with you to pick up your card!!!

We were there in February and it worked great for us. We like to get ride photos so that alone was worth the $70. Preorder at least 2 weeks before your trip. Bring the voucher with you to DL and exchange it for the PP+ card then get your picture taken everywhere. Come home and download the pictures or order the CD. Very easy process and worth it to get the great family pictures.

get it :thumbsup2 I'm waiting on my CD from our trip a couple weeks ago, have over 200 photos and plus when you go to upload them you can add cute borders to them...it includes character meals from goofy's kitchen, ariels grotto, disneys PCH grill, plaza inn and ride photos from screamin', space mtn, splash mtn, RSR and tower of terror....plus you get stock photos thrown in on your PP+ ...I always order the CD copy and then print my photos through a local company, much cheaper that way!

I've already ordered mine. I'm looking forward to having vacation pictures with me in them.

We have only used photopass+ once and loved it, mind you we used it for our WDW vacation. When we decided to go to DLR for our next trip the first thing that DH said was "make sure to preorder that photopass+ thing again". It is so worth the money, especially if you like the rides that are included and go to any of the character meals (which we plan on doing anyways :goodvibes).

Photopass + is a wonderful thing. Now here's a trick. We rode from the single rider line from time to time so we were often separated by 5 or 10 minutes. You only get one card. My husband and daughters would take note of their photo numbers and when I got to kiosk, we were able to load all our ride photos onto the Photopass+ card.

We paid full price because their wasn't a promotion, but it was still worth it as we were there 6 days.

I actually just ordered earlier today for our trip in July. We loved it for WDW 2 summers ago so hoping we'll get some great shots this time as well!

Just finished editing and ordering our CD from our PhotoPass+ from our trip earlier this week. Whole process was super easy... DH had actually told me he thought it was silly to order it, but now he's raving about it. :p We ended up getting 150 pics and the borders are really fun.

highly recommend!!! :thumbsup2

my CD did come today...just finished uploading the photos to my computer to get printed....love getting the extra stock photos too, including these from carsland

Photo0017FourBySix_zps3d954fea.jpg

Photo0011FourBySix_zps0314787d.jpg

my CD did come today...just finished uploading the photos to my computer to get printed....love getting the extra stock photos too, including these from carsland

Photo0017FourBySix_zps3d954fea.jpg

Photo0011FourBySix_zps0314787d.jpg

OK Mommy2mrb, you just made up my mind for me! I was on the fence, I am trying to stay in a strict budget but the stock photos will take some of the pressure off of trying to get perfect photos like that! and no crowds in the background! Thanks! :thumbsup2

thanks ladies! I was wondering if they had uploaded new stock photos.. I bought a photo pass + last October and there were no cars photos but when I went to the park they were on mixed in my photos pictures that we had take there..

I wish I had that Disney feeling at work.

Does the voucher expire? Just wondering if we could save it for later if we had to cancel our trip for some reason.

Quick question

With photo +, how do you get your ride photos on it? Do you ask them to be added at the ride photo kiosk?

The dinning etc is obvious, just curious about how to get the ride photo's on

(if that seems like it should be obvious, well I have only had one coffee yet:lmao:

Quick question

With photo +, how do you get your ride photos on it? Do you ask them to be added at the ride photo kiosk?

The dinning etc is obvious, just curious about how to get the ride photo's on

(if that seems like it should be obvious, well I have only had one coffee yet:lmao:

You write down your photo number and give that and your pp card to the photo desk person and they just transfer them write then. W/ PP you get ALL your ride photos. For example my kids went on space some 10 times or so so you can get all those pictures and you don't have to choose the first photo to buy or wish you had!

So if I understand right, it's cheaper to pre-purchase before you leave, right?

Maybe to phrase better, is the price the same if you purchase ahead, buy at park or buy later?

From what I'm reading, it's too late to preorder if you are leaving March 26, right?

Does the voucher expire? Just wondering if we could save it for later if we had to cancel our trip for some reason.

There is no expiration date listed as far as using the voucher. Once you activate it in the parks, it is good for 14 days.

So if I understand right, it's cheaper to pre-purchase before you leave, right?

Maybe to phrase better, is the price the same if you purchase ahead, buy at park or buy later?

From what I'm reading, it's too late to preorder if you are leaving March 26, right?
Yes. 69.95 to pre purchase, 99.95 in the parks. They ask they you not preorder if your trip is within 14 days. The shipping is usually pretty fast, but you would be taking a risk.

we ordered this and are waiting for it to arrive - I think it's a great deal - we just decided today to bring my MIL with us - so now there will be 5 in our party and that will make this all the more worth it as she can get copies of the pictures as well - she is a big kid at heart so will certainly enjoy the photo ops! :cheer2:

Disney charges a lot for some things but this I think it totally worth it!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter