• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too early for a SPring Break 2013 Poll?

When is your 2013 Spring Break?

• Week of March 3

• March 10

• March 17

• March 24

• March 31

• April 7

• April 14

• April 21

• April 28

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nicoleclaw

DIS Veteran
Trying to plan ahead. I am a teacher so we are limited to Spring Break, summer or Winter Break. We have done Christmas and it was difficult for us with the holidays at home. Summer is a bit too warm for me! We have done Spring Break before, and I don't remember it being too crowded, but I am curious about when the week falls compared to everyone else. We are the type that get there for rope drop and have a plan!!

Fellow teacher here. We are also planning a spring break 2013 trip. We went Easter week in 2009 and 2010 and it was wonderful (busy but great weather). We also really enjoy Christmas (went in 2010 and 2011) but it is just not in the cards for 2012.

Totally agree summer is way to hot.

Have a great trip

NH Last full week of April, So - April 21st. Easter is pretty early in 2013 , March 31st. Soooo hopefully for us, end of April will be quieter. We are planning 2 weeks in 2013 :cool1:

We're in Texas and generally the schools have the 2nd week of March. This year our district is different and has the third week. I'm hoping it will be a little less crowded. Last year we went the 2nd week of March and it was really crowded. Next year we have the 2nd week of March again and no plans to go the the World ... yet.
But I'll take the crowds over the heat any day.

My wife is a teacher so we are limited as well. We have the first week of March off and we are also booked for that week. My wife can't stand the heat (yankee) although it doesn't bother me (in fact, I encourage it because it means the golf is cheaper!). This will be her first time down there in the Spring so I'm hoping she likes it better. I haven't been to Disney in the Spring for a long time, but I don't remember it being overbearing. I'm expecting long lines for rides, but it should be more tolerable than the Summer because it's not as hot.

We're in the very early planning stages for a trip during spring break next year. We've always done summer trips (late May/early June or July). Two of our DDs play travel softball so summer vacations are now a thing of the past for us. I am nervous about the crowds but like some of the PPs have said, the cooler temps will make the crowds more bearable. I hope. I'm curious what the poll will look like when more people have a chance to vote.

We are really missing our Spring Break trip this year. We always have the last full week of March, so next year--assuming it all works out--will be the first year break comes right up against Easter. Right now, call me crazy, but I don't care! I just want to go back home!

love a spring break trip---unless, like 2013 will, our spring break week conincides with Easter. Definitely not interested in going any time the parks reach capacity!!! Our spring break will be several weeks before Easter in 2014, and hopefully Fantasyland will be all done by then, so that's when we're going!

For the first time ever in my kids or my DH's life our kids will have an April spring break, starting on March 31st, it has always been the last full week of March prior to this.

We are very excited as DD is a spring break baby and next year will be the first chance at not having a bday over spring break, she will be in 5th grade. It's unbelievably hard to plan a party when kids are out of school and traveling. Last year her party at her mom's was a bust and not one single kid showed up bc it was spring break. :sad1:

We are in east TN but all of our school districts are at odds here and the county vs the city vs the next city 20 min away have different breaks. We are 99% of time the oddball, starting early, getting longer breaks and getting out earlier than anyone else.

OP here. Thanks for all the replies! I know it will be busy either way, just trying to judge if any one week is busier than another (not that I have a choice!)

week starting the 14th of April! I like how we got the calendar and we haven't gone on this years trip yet but my wheels are already turning for 2013 too:lmao:

LOL me too. We have other short trips planned near home before that, but I am not even thinking of those!

Next year our spring break is Easter week. Of course it says at the top of the schedule that it's subject to change. My step son isn't with us that week so we go during winter break which is in Feb. I would like to go in the spring in hopes of skipping the risky Feb weather but the schedule for us just doesn't work out.

As a teacher, I am also limited to school vacations and summers for my Disney trip :goodvibes We haven't gotten our school calendar for 2013 but we are always the last full week of April so I figure we will be that week :rolleyes1 Can't wait to start planning pixiedust:

Union Co NC schools always take the week of Easter for Spring Break. We have Good Friday off, then the whole next week (4/6- 4/15). One of the main reasons we don't do Spring Break WDW trips- our week is always too crowded.

Of her 9 years in school, DD has only had one year when she had a different week for break- last year. Since Easter was so late, schools were out the week before Easter (another super crowded week).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter