Too Cold in January?

DisneyCookie24

Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disn
Do you think it's too cold to have an outdoor dinner in January at Disney? One of my (many) thoughts was to do our reception dinner and dessert at GF Marina, or maybe EPCOT, during one of the firework shows, but I am afraid that it might be too cold to make my guests sit through the entire reception outside (and in the evening mind you). Would just a dessert party be better since it's only about an hour long, so that can be tolerable? 4 or 5 hours may be too much...

It depends on when in January. My wedding was January 3, 2010 and it was FREEZING! The high on my wedding day was 47 during the day and in the low 30s at night. The weather that time of year is strange. One year we went and it was in the 70s and then another year in the 30s. It is a hit or miss so you need to be prepared. I actually was suppose to have my DP at UK Lochside and we switched it the Monday before our wedding to American Adventure Parlor (pics in my PJ) which is indoors. I looked at the weather channel and based on the made a last minute executive decision. We then went to Italy to watch the fireworks and then immediately back to AAP. It was really nice actually. I am from NY and let me tell you we were cold and we are use to freezing temperatures. Also my cocktail hour was suppose to be outside and they moved it inside it was so cold. My advice to you is that if you do plan something outside, make sure you have an inside back-up location and get it in writing. Hope this helps.

Yes I think too cold. We went down for a cruise in Jan this past year and stayed in Disney for almost a week. We all brought our winter coats, sweaters and wore jeans for almost the entire visit.. I am from Chicago so I am used to it being cold.

As Stephie77 said, the weather can be hit or miss in January. We married 1/17/10 and it was gorgeous, sunny and warm on our wedding day. We had a DP that night, and a light jacket was all that was needed.

But the very next day we were wearing sweatshirts in the middle of the day because it suddenly got chilly.

We went down for our PS in early february and it was freezing, i can only imagine what that means for january. It was in the 30's in the evening and the 40's-50's during the day. HTH

I married outside on Jan 13, 2010. This was during that really bad cold snap. For just the ceremony it was ok, but I wouldn't have wanted to have a meal outside!

We got married Jan 16, 2010... it was right after the cold spell {thank goodness} and it was really nice! We had our ceremony outside. I think you could totally have a dinner outside!

Having spent the second week in January at Disney for the last several years, the weather changes each time. We saw record highs and lows. It's a risk, but you can always go inside and take outside pictures if it's chilly.

I'm planning on getting married that week, too. I'm just hoping for 50's, at least. But, being from Wisconsin, 40's in January still sounds good to me. =)

What a great help you alllllll are! Thank you so much! I think I already knew the answer to this question, but I needed that outside input you know? It helps to hear from people with experience for some reassurance. I think I decided that I don't want to risk it with dinner... I myself am a freeze baby and I wouldn't want to have my guests freeze during dinner. But I am still going to do the ceremony outside, I figure that will be no more than a half hour. I feel much better now, thanks all! As always, you rock!:cool1:

What a great help you alllllll are! Thank you so much! I think I already knew the answer to this question, but I needed that outside input you know? It helps to hear from people with experience for some reassurance. I think I decided that I don't want to risk it with dinner... I myself am a freeze baby and I wouldn't want to have my guests freeze during dinner. But I am still going to do the ceremony outside, I figure that will be no more than a half hour. I feel much better now, thanks all! As always, you rock!:cool1:

Sounds like the perfect plan cookie!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter