Too Cold for Water Parks

cuels3

Earning My Ears
We are going Feb 28-Mar 5, is it worthwhile then to get the water parks add on? Hubby sure does love a good water park, but I don't know if it'll be too cold. Any adivce?

We are going Feb 28-Mar 5, is it worthwhile then to get the water parks add on? Hubby sure does love a good water park, but I don't know if it'll be too cold. Any adivce?

Disney keeps at least one of the Water Parks and the resort pools open all year long.

If it is sunny with the temperatures near 60 degrees or above with little or no wind,
guests can be found swimming at the resorts and water parks.

The water is heated in most pools.

you can upgrade to water parks when you get there. better to wait and see what the temps are like. if you get the WPF&M and it's too cold then you're stuck. unless you have a no expiration myw. how many times you plan on going to the water parks. cheaper to just buy an one day admission if only going once.

We did Blizzard Beach in Nov 07 and we did have a ball
That said, it really felt like the only area that the pools were heated was the kids areas, you could feel the difference

We still went on all the rides and the lines were non existant :goodvibes

Living down here maybe I am a wimp about it now, but we do not go swimming from around Dec-Apr due to the cold. Keeping the water warm is one thing, but at a water park you are out of the water a lot. Our temperatures are starting to change right now, so I doubt we will swim after Thanksgiving.

When we went down for President's Week in 2008 we waited until we arrived to make a decision on the Water Parks option (which we got when we looked at the forcast). We are going during the same time next year and we will hold off on the option until arrival.

We had several days of sunny weather, little wind with temps in the high 70's and low 80's.

I agree with waiting until you are there. Then, depending on the weather you can decide whether to get a one day ticket, the add on (which includes DQ) or to just skip it and spend the $$ on something else :goodvibes

We keep the water in all the slides and pools around 80F (27C) except for Shark Reef which does not have heaters. What you want is a day that will be bright and sunny and preferably not windy.

If you go on a day that is heavily overcast you will not be able to take advantage of any radiant heating (from the sun) or on a windy day (especially with a dry wind from the North) you will get hit by wind chill.

But a day with the highs in the mid-50s or above which is sunny and calm most people (at least from Northern climates) should be comfortable.

we went feb 5-14/09 and went to the waterpark. When we arrived on the 5th people were wearing winter coats WINTER COATS!!! warmed up the next day and we had 77-81 f weather....loved the water park.

We went to the parks that exact time last year. When we arrived it was quite chilly (50s at night, 60s during the day), and while the pools and water parks are heated, it was quite frigid to get out and dry off. Later in the week, it was better (solid 70s during the day and much less wind). The water was nice and the bright sun made it more appealing. That time of year is hit or miss though. Good luck. I am sure at least one of the two will be open. I think after March 1 they will both be open so you might have better luck during the latter half of your stay.

I will be there from Feb 25th-Mar 4th myself. We are planning to either book the water parks & more option or possibly just buy water park tickets. We are going to Typhoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach will be closed during the time we will be there. We were there from March 3rd-10th this year and it was in the mid 70's to low 80's the entire time. IMO this is plenty warm enough for a water park. I grew up on the central coast of California, where it is 70 degrees year round for the most part. We used to go swimming out in the ocean all the time, which is much colder than water park and swimming pool water. :thumbsup2

Just me but I don't go to the water parks unless the temperature is up into the 70's.

OT: Some years ago I was wading at Salisbury Beach (Massachusetts) and it was in the 90's yet my legs were numb with cold in the water. I ducked down to rinse the sweat off of my shoulders and it was shockingly cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter