Tony's

MMrules

DIS Veteran
Every vacation I want to try Tony's, but never do because of negative reviews. I love Lady and the Tramp and I think I would love the atmosphere at the restaurant. However, I have read that service can be slow, unattentive waitstaff and subpar food. Are there any positive reviews for Tony's or should I just skip it again? :confused3

Thoughts???popcorn::

Thanks!

I understand as well, so many negative reviews, I looked at TripAdvisor where there is a mix of reviews as well. It has been years since we have been here, but I am going to give it a try again in October! I see negative reviews on almost every restaurant. :thumbsup2

We had lunch at Tony's in November 2012. I felt like you did, apprehensive after reading reviews; however, we enjoyed our lunch. I had the spaghetti and meatballs and pistachio creme brulee. DH had the lasagna. We had good service and a good meal! We're even thinking of booking again for this year. I love Lady and the Tramp, too!

My husband and I ate at Tony's in Feb 2012. It wasn't the best meal I've had at Disney but not the worst either. We had no problems at all with the waitstaff and did enjoy the decor!! I think you should go for it.

I've been there twice in the past. I was hesitant too based on others feedback, but we've been pleased both times.
Just go and enjoy.

We like Tony's! We have had dinner there numerous times and we have always had good service and good food. I would give it a try!

We ate here September, 2011 before going to MNSSHP. We were a group of 6. One had spaghetti, 4 had NY Strip Steak and 1 had pork loin. We all loved our meal and our desserts. In fact, my sister-in-law and husband recreated the famous spaghetti scene from Lady and the Tramp! It was so awesome. That picture ended up on a banner the following year for their 25th wedding anniversary. It was our first time there and after booking, I too read all the negative reviews. I decided to keep it and was glad I did. Everyone said I did good picking all the restaurants. I was in charge of the trip for the 6 of us. I think you can probably have a bad meal/experience at any Disney restaurant at any time. Oh, the waitstaff was great. Enjoy your trip, whatever you decide.

We've enjoyed our trips to Tony's. It's heavy with Lady and the Tramp decor.

All of our food was between 'pretty good' and 'good' with the Pistachio CB rating a 'very good'

Even the calamari appetizer was very good. Not rubbery or chewy. Pretty impressive as I'm certain it was frozen at some point.

I have had amazing service and normal service at Tony's - never bad.
Both my daughter, my MIL, myself and my daughter's friend all liked our food at Tony's, comprising of six different meals. (Two for DD and I, one each for my MIL and her friend.)

It's beautiful in there, especially if you can sit in the big windowed room. We got to watch a parade from in there, and it was really nice.

I am tempted to go back there on our next trip, but it's a short trip and we don't really have time.

We had a very good meal there, and it was on my birthday. Loved the chicken parm and the caesar salad. The only real complaint I had was where we were seated, kind of back in the corner and the noise level was pretty high. It's my own fault about the seating though, I could have asked for a different table but didn't. I think you should go for it, you won't know for certain how it is until you experience for youself.

The only way you'll ever know is to try it for yourself...:scratchin
I've read horrible reviews of Tony's for years and still had the goal to try it for ourselves someday. Well, this summer was someday for us. DD11 loves Lady and the Tramp and we finally got to visit. We can say we checked the box and that the dessert was delicious. The theme is sweet. And that's about all that's positive about our experience we can say. :rolleyes:
But I'm a check the box kind of person, so I'm happy, and will be happy to make reservations elsewhere in the future. :flower3:

For DH and I it isn't a favorite, but the kids love it (4,4,2). To them the spaghetti is more like we make at home (from a jar, lol). So we eat there.

My mother is Italian and a great cook. We have tons of good Italian restaurants nearby. We ate at Tony's last summer and, while it wasn't as good as moms, we all enjoyed the meal and the service. It was a step up from the Olive Garden but not as good as a good hometown Italian place you'll find in NY/NJ

Checking the Box we loved it. The dessert was the best. The food was good, not great, but not bad. I think you should give it a try for yourself. The staff was wonderful and we never waited long. Enjoy. :cool1:

We have always had great experiences there and have a ressie in 3 weeks, our servers have been great, and the food has always been excellent:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter