• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tony's Town Square?

We have been to TTS a number of times. While it is not a must-do every trip, we have always had a decent meal. It is not top quality, but it is decent. We have eaten inside and on the porch. It can get loud inside. It was nice on the porch. We have only eaten there for lunch.
For the record, I can't stand the pot roast at LTT and everyone else raves about it.
The one restaurant we won't return to is Garden Grill. The food was just gross. But again, other people love it.
Try it yourself and form your own opinion as to what is acceptable or not regarding the food.

We eat there pretty much every trip and have always enjoyed it...not the best in the world, but not the worst either.

We need a sit down dinner the night of MNSSHP and would like to try something new. Does it compare to Mama Melrose at HS? Right now there are no ADR's available for our dates so I don't want to stalk the reservation system and then have the food be unacceptable so all honest opinions welcome!!

tony's is not opened on the party nights- maybe that is why you are not seeing anything available

and do you really want precious party hours sitting, eating a meal. These tickets are rather pricey to begin with.

tony's is not opened on the party nights- maybe that is why you are not seeing anything available

and do you really want precious party hours sitting, eating a meal. These tickets are rather pricey to begin with.

I have to agree with this poster. Unless you're planning to eat at 4:00 pm :-)scratchin) why waste that valuable (and expensive) party time inside a restaurant? Have your TS meal at lunch and grab a CS meal somewhere in the park.

I've only eaten at Tony's once and that was for breakfast. The atmosphere was charming and the french toast was AWESOME! This was many years ago and I haven't been back to Disney since so I don't know what the place is like now. But based on that french toast, I'd give it another try ... for breakfast anyway!

I've only eaten at Tony's once and that was for breakfast. The atmosphere was charming and the french toast was AWESOME! This was many years ago and I haven't been back to Disney since so I don't know what the place is like now. But based on that french toast, I'd give it another try ... for breakfast anyway!

They haven't had breakfast there in years and years.

I love Tony's. The marinara is awesome or anything but it's not gross or bad. It's marinara. I've been 2/2 trips and going again in November. I just love the atmosphere and the food's not bad or anything.
I would say Mama Melrose has better food but I like Tony's better. I'm not picky and I LOVE Lady & the Tramp

We thought it was fine. It wasn't the best meal we ever had, but DD and I are Lady and the Tramp fans, making the atmosphere really fun. DD got to pick (without knowing why she was picking) where we are eating on our next trip, and Tony's made the list.

I would say. Have Tony's for lunch. Don't miss out on the MNSSHP because your eating. Their food was good. It didn't disappoint. I liked mama melroses gravy better. But the marinara at Tony's was still good. If your scared you wont like the gravy. Nothing wrong with Alfredo ;-)

We liked it! The food was good, service was excellent! Neat location too....

I will say we have two small children and we went to Poly for dinner last trip.....not sure it was worth all the travel. It's not SUPER inconvenient, but I think the convenience of staying in the park is a big perk for Tony's. We also tried LTT for dinner and enjoyed Tony's more.

Have fun!!!

It's in vogue to be a Tony's hater now, but I can say that we've never had a bad experience there. Give it a try. You can't beat the location..

Can anyone share some honest opinions on Tony's Town Square? I read some reviews on tripadvisor and they ranged from terrible to our favorite dinner the whole trip! :confused3...

We need a sit down dinner the night of MNSSHP and would like to try something new. Does it compare to Mama Melrose at HS? Right now there are no ADR's available for our dates so I don't want to stalk the reservation system and then have the food be unacceptable so all honest opinions welcome!!

I didn't read all of the other reviews. I will just share our experiences.

Our background: Usually do not eat at restaurants onsite, DD12 and DD18 just love, love, love spaghetti and meatballs and salad.

I booked Tony's twice this past trip. Once for my husband and I to celebrate our wedding anniversary and once as a special treat for me and my girl's at the end of our trip.

The anniversary dinner: Reservations were at 4:30, did not get in until almost 5:30. I have had gastric bypass surgery and can eat very little, so we usually share a meal. We ordered the steak medium, stressing pink, but not bloody and since I have had so many problems with this at other restaurants I really really stress it in a nice way. It first comes out so well done that it is burnt. Ok, send it back. Next it comes out raw in the middle. I think they took it off the grill as soon as the color turned brown. Finally, third time is the charm. No apology however. I hate having to send food back because all I can think of is "what are they doing to my food because I sent it back?". Also, even though we had that it was our anniversary on the reservation and we had our buttons on. Not one person said Happy Anniversary.

Girl's lunch/dinner 3:00 reservation: After the above experience I was all for cancelling, but I had promised my daughters and I figured that alot of the above was due to non-traditional Italian foods not being cooked the requested way. So both daughter's ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and salads. My dd12 is high functioning autistic. So her salad needed to be basically just lettuce. Again, I always stress what we want/need, no cheese, no tomatos, no onions. Of course, out comes her salad with everything on it while my DD18's salad is ready for her to eat except they don't have "regular" Italian dressing. So 12 year old is upset because she has to wait for a new salad and 18 year old is not happy because she doesn't like the house dressing.

My children can down pasta like water. I noticed about 5 minutes after they received their dishes that both are not eating and there is lots of pasta on their dish. I could not get a straight answer out of either of them other than it tasted terrible and the meatballs were hard.

Oh, and the only thing I ordered was a cup of coffee because I can't tolerate pasta since my surgery, and there was a large piece of hair across the top of it.

So that is our experiences with Tony's. It also makes me glad that we stay in DVC units where I can make the spaghetti and meatballs that my children love and will devour and it won't cost me an easy $100 for 2.

I think I answered this question a few days ago regarding Tony's. We've never had a bad meal at Tony's Town Square. We try to eat there once per trip.

We were there this past May for 10 days, and we ate at Tony's twice on that particular trip. My daughter and I love the zucchini fries. My father-in-law had the tomato basil soup of the day as his appetizer, and he said it was some of the best tomato basil he's had.

Plus, the restaurant is so cute, and we love the decor. We are big Lady & the Tramp fans.

Food was okay. I did think it was pretty loud, but we were there in the middle of July. So that may be a crowd issue. I did enjoy the atmosphere.

My family enjoys eating at Tony's. While we think the food is good (not great), it's the atmosphere and location that really appeal to us. We have also been very pleased with the service.

We will be in the park from afternoon on that day to fit in our PL appts, so I am not looking for ADR's after 7. There was a 7:35 though so they must be open for part of the party...I don't want to waste party time so that one isn't going to work at all! I would do lunch but steak is not on the lunch menu and Tony's is the only restaurant to get a steak for dinner. We had WCC planned for my DH steak dinner but it looks like that is not going to work either :( So I have booked Crystal Palace and I'll keep checking on Tony's to see if it opens up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter