Tony's Town Square - really that bad??

Ugg! Just thinking about it makes me queasy all over again!

My hubby and I went to Tony's when we went to Disney for our honeymoon, and thought it would be cute to eat there. So we check out the menu and my hubby decides to get spagetti and I get Baked Ziti. I figured that it would be good cause how can anyone mess up cheese, ziti, sauce and hamburger, right? WRONG!

We get our food and Jim's wolfing down his food while i'm smelling mine! It has a funny smell to it, but I figure that it's been a long day and i'm just being difficult. So I take a bite and literally had to spit it out into my napkin... it tasted exactly like cat food and had the consistency of canned cat food as well. It tasted nothing like hamburger. I ate a couple more bites, trying not to be a pain in the *** cause they were really busy.

I was so grossed out I couldn't eat it and my hubby was getting annoyed with me until he said "fine, lets switch". Ok, so we switch meals, he takes TWO BITES and puts the fork down. Within two minutes he's green as kermit the frog and looks at me and says "You're Right". If you knew him, you'd know that I should have got that on film...lol

Finally he made me call over the server and send it back. She looked at me like I had two heads when I explained why I couldn't eat it. They took it off our check and after we left, we couldn't go on rides for over 2 hrs cause we felt like we were constantly going to be sick. Ok service, horrible food!

The first time we ate there, it was 1994. They used to serve breakfast back then, and they made the most awesome cinnamon rolls! These were one of the highlights of that trip! Since then, I've been twice, and each time, my experience with Tony's gets worse. The food, the servers, the whole thing just gets worse every time.

This year, we're skipping it. Take that for what it's worth...

I don't think the food at Tony's is terrible at all!

We sat on the porch and enjoyed the sun and the view. It was a great relaxing meal!:wizard:

Well it looks like its a 50/50. We will be eating there in 2 weeks for the first time, I cancelled my Ohana adr and changed it to Tony's, so I hope I enjoy it. They had dd's fave, meatballs, so it should go over well with her!;)

I'm really going to leave this up in the air. I seriously don't have high hopes for this place. If our plans change, I'll cancel the ADR that day. Maybe we'll even be in the mood for CS?

I have a feeling I won't be dining here. Just too many negative reviews. I know there are so many other good restaruants in WDW, it's just so hard to plan your days so far ahead of time.

We ate there in November and it was not a great meal. Food was not that great, and our server was decent, but the place was so chaotic! If I paid full price instead of DDP I would have been very upset.

Kim

Our dinner had mixed reviews. We absolutely loved all the apps we had, dinner was so-so to bad, and the dessert was pretty good.

We've enjoyed Tony's for lunch many many times:thumbsup2 We time our meal to end about 30 minutes prior to the afternoon parade and just step out the door and get a front row seat! There are usually characters hanging around the cool Kodak shop, so that's an added bonus :woohoo: I can't vouch for dinner, but lunch has and always will be on our agenda. DH usually gets lasagna, DS and DD cheese pizza and I get the Tony's special pizza (a real treat IMO) :goodvibes We'll be seeing you in June.popcorn:: :surfweb: :cool2: princess:

We absolutely LOVED Tony's. It was without a doubt the best meal of our trip last August. My two girls loved their food and I had the eggplant dish it was so yummy! My dh had the flatbread pizza. Our waiter was the greatest. My dh who is very picky about tipping gave above and beyond because of the great service. Have a good time and make up your own mind. It amazes me how people put down Tony's. Everyone is different and I'm Italian. I make my own sauce and I loved Tony's. I hate the Olive Garden! UGH don't know how anyone can eat there. See everyone is different. Let us know what you think!

We were alos those people who avioded eating there for many years because of bad reviews. On Father's Day last year we gave my FIL the power to choose which ever place he wanted and he chose Tony's. We were 8 adults. We had amazing service and everyone enjoyed their food. 3 of us had the steak it was delish and some pasta dishes and what not for others. We were pleasently surprised. Now could we have a bad experience next time- maybe but we will try it again.

Here is what I found when it came to restaurant reviews.

You really have to try it yourself. My inlaws are very good cooks. They are both Italian and my father in law was a chef for 20 years. He belongs to a club where they go to the best restaurants in New York City 3 times a year.

They thought Tony's was very good.

I have never been.

I read great things about Raglan Road, my experience there was awful.

Two very popular restaurants on this board are Le Celier and Ohanas.

Le Celier is awesome, but I wasn't overly impressed with Ohanas.

You reall have to try it for yourself.

Good Luck.

I've eaten there twice and have not had good luck with my choices, however both times the people I was with loved theirs. I tasted theirs and agreed. The first time I had calamari that was not done (crust was white), chicken parm (tough and burnt), and some kind of dry tart. I forgot what my mom had, but it was the exact opposite of mine. Cooked properly and delicious.

I went back this past Sept with my ex and again tried the calamari (again got it undercooked and white), salmon (which was surprisingly good), but then got a lemon curd cake that was so dry I couldn't eat it. My ex got a wonderful tomato mozzarella appetizer that was so big, we both shared it, a wonderful flavorful, tender, moist steak, and an amaretto cheesecake that was to die for. I spent the meal nibbling off his food. I've got to admit service both times was really good.

I've decided my problem with Tony's is just that I keep ordering the wrong thing. I'm giving it one more try in May, but have given up on the calamari.:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for all your comments, but I canceled the ADR.

INSTEAD, I ordered a babysitter and made ADR for my birthday meal at Narcoossees!;)

DH just needs to bring the cash that night! Cause it's gonna cost him a bundle!:lmao:

I knew I'd find a way to get out of going to Tony's another year!:rotfl:

We had dinner Tony's and thought it was good fare. No, it's not fantastic...but it's not bad either. Everyone has their own tastes and opinions. Just go try it and see what you think for yourselves!
Enjoy your trip!

we have eaten there 2 times ....and wish not to go back......when we go eat at disneyworld we do not care to eat ragu sauce....tomatoe sauce is soooo red...tastes like straight from the jar.....not going to tony's nomore....we skip it now...:drive: we just go on by.

It isn't really bad, it just isn't any good. I'd much, much, much rather go to the Olive Garden and it would cost half as much. :)

There are so many other good places to eat at Disney that I won't go Tony's again unless someone else is just dying to eat there.

We just ate at Tony's, unexpectedly, on the Monday following Easter. My 3-year old decided she would only eat spaghetti for supper. We went to Terrace Noodle, hoping she would eat noodles, she refused. One of the cast members suggested Tony's. We walked towards there, passing The Plaza. We stopped there, hoping she would consent to something on their menu, because they would be able to seat us right away. She didn't want anything of theirs. The cast member working the reservation desk there told us she didn't think Tony's was taking walk-ups, but she would call. She called, and they said they were taking walk-ups at that time. So we got there and got seated right away. We had a party of 3, and it was around 5:00. We got a great table & a wonderful server. DD got her spaghetti and my husband and I ordered the chicken parmigiana. We liked it, and the portions are huge.

We have always liked Tony's. In fact, when we plan our trips, it is the one restaurant that everyone wants to go back to. We have not had a bad experience yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter