Tony's Town Square OR Plaza??

wintotty

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to decide the restaurant at MK for arrival day dinner. Initially I wanted BOG, but couldn't find any openings for that day.... We are planning to see Electrical Parade and Wish afterwards.......just wondering which restaurant would you pick and why? Other idea I'm pondering is just grab some quick service dinner and do the Dessert Party? I've never done the Dessert Party, and if we can relax and enjoy the parade and wish sitting down, that sound's pretty tempting. It'll be me, my DH, 4yr-old & 16 months-old.:)

A lot of people are not huge fans of Tonys (I like it, never had any issues) but I'd recommend trying to get a later ressies about 30-45min before the parade starts and ask if you can sit outside, that way you can watch the parade while you eat - unless that is too late for your kids to be eating? The dessert party is great to watch wishes BUT the view of the parade is seriously obstructed and it is going on during the dessert party. I

I'm trying to decide the restaurant at MK for arrival day dinner. Initially I wanted BOG, but couldn't find any openings for that day.... We are planning to see Electrical Parade and Wish afterwards.......just wondering which restaurant would you pick and why? Other idea I'm pondering is just grab some quick service dinner and do the Dessert Party? I've never done the Dessert Party, and if we can relax and enjoy the parade and wish sitting down, that sound's pretty tempting. It'll be me, my DH, 4yr-old & 16 months-old.:)

I have been to both. Plaza is definitely smaller in terms of seating. Food is basic but fine overall. I think the milkshakes are popular there. Tony's is larger and their Italian food was ok as I was not expecting much...basic Italian food. I would choose the plaza as you want to do the dessert party and I think it is closer than Tony's which is near the entrance if the park.

You'll most likely have a better dining experience (food and service) at the Plaza.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but we LOVED Tony's on our trip last month. It was fast, and the food was very good. Nothing fancy or gourmet, but more like comfort food. It really hit the spot, and will be a must-do for us in the future. But I haven't tried the Plaza, so perhaps I can't make a fair recommendation :)

A lot of people are not huge fans of Tonys (I like it, never had any issues) but I'd recommend trying to get a later ressies about 30-45min before the parade starts and ask if you can sit outside, that way you can watch the parade while you eat.

I'm another Plaza vote for food, but I really like this suggestion a lot!

Although my first love is Tony's, as that was where I had my first ever WDW meal, I have to say I like the Plaza better now. Tony's food, IMO, has become rather lackluster.

Another vote for The Plaza. If you can ask to sit in the small side-room with a fantastic view of the Castle.

We're eating at The Plaza on our last night, we have an early ADR (5:30) and are planning on doing the Dessert Party afterward.

Great CMs, good food, nice atmosphere. Funny to see how many couples you can find trying to recreate the spaghetti/ smooch scene. It never gets old! :love:

I am going to say The Plaza. The menu is nice and simple with good sandwiches and the ice cream sundaes are awesome. Plus if you are lucky there is a nice view of the castle.

I've never eaten at Tony's and after reading so many negative reviews I don't think we will try it. But we enjoyed The Plaza on our last trip and are eating there again this trip.

Been to both and I would choose The Plaza! The food is so good and if you are on the DDP, I would pay out of pocket since the prices are lower than most restaurants.

While the dessert party sounds cool I would never make my 4yo watch the parade from far away, she would be devastated if she was not up front for the parade even if she saw it five days in a row.

I've eaten at both and would definately suggest the Plaza. I have found the food to be consistently good, it's our arrival day tradition. We've also done the dessert party and had a great time and enjoyed a lot of good desserts.

The menu at The Plaza doesn't appeal to us, so given the choice, we have picked Tony's. That being said, we didn't feel the food was great at all. Nothing phenomenal about it, just convenient in location and edible food.

We did a 7pm reservation at Tony's on our last trip. We sat on the porch and were able to watch the electric parade from there. Food was good.

I prefr the plaza it is a smaller place than Tony's though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter