Tony's Town Square or Mamma Melrose

We have eaten at both restaurants. We love Mama's! If you happen to choose that restaurant and go on a weekday, ask for Barbara..she is fantastic!!! We have eaten at Tony's a couple of times, but felt that it was not as good as Mama's. When we are in MK we prefer the Plaza. I guess it also depends upon which park you are going to be in. If you are having a MK day, choose a restaurant that is convenient for that park, same with HS. I would not go to another park just to eat, if that makes sense, unless you are planning to stay there for a while. Hope that helps. If it makes any difference, we eat at Mama's every trip.:)

I have eaten at both several times. I would Mama's wins in food. Tony's is OK but the food is somewhat better at Mama Melrose's. I would go with MM

i would say that the food at MM is better. the red sauce at tony's seemed like it came out of a can. while at Mama's it tasted a bit more like homemade.
food was ok at tony's and just a bit better a mama's.

being of Italian decent and fortunate to have eaten some excellent cooking over the years i tend to be a bit more critical then i honestly should be.

my son says i prefer the food at mama's because they had some Sinatra playing while we were there.

Not exactly a clash of the Titans, but Mama Melrose is probably better.
Not good--just better than Tonys.

We really like both - Mama's is my first choice, but Tony's is just behind it and I wouldn't hesitate to eat at either.

Food is a bit better at MM. But we have had amazing service at Tony's.
I also like Tony's better for the atmosphere. The inside is much nicer with dark wood trim and a fountain of Lady and the Tamp in the center of the room.
I also enjoy the art work done by Don "Ducky" Williams that is hung all around the dining room. We often make Tony's our lunch place on arrival day to give use the feeling that we have truly arrived at WDW.
If the food is the most important try MM but for me the service and theming of Tony's is more important.
But you won't go wrong with either one.:thumbsup2

We have done both and preferred the food at Tonys....both are loud places but I liked the atmosphere at MM better.

I find the food choices are different in each. However, I prefer MM for the food, Fantasmic Package and the Tiramisu.:lovestruc

We just ate at both last week and I had the chicken parm at MM and it was dried out and I did not like the sauce... I had the flatbread at Tony's and loved it. We are going back to disney in June and will not be eating at MM but have an ADR for Tony's.. just remember that it's just not the same experience for everyone.

We ate at both and preferred Mama's, the food was better, and we also liked the atmosphere slightly more.

I like them both for different reasons, we had the steak at Tony's, it was good but what would make me return is the dessert-pistachio creme brule, it was wonderful. Mama Melrose was also good, we got the Fantasmic Dinner Package which included an appetizer, entree & dessert. I got the Artisan breads & spreads they were tasty, the Pork Marsala was good & more than I could eat & for dessert I had Crema Limone just the right finish. The Sangria at MM is also great. I would have to do both because I couldn't pick just one.:confused3

I have never been to MM but we ate at Tony's last week and loved it. We had been before and liked it then as well. The steak and mashed was really good. I had a lemon cake for dessert, it was very good as well but my husband had the pistachio brule and it was to die for (as the pp had said). This was our first meal of the week and I craved the brule for the rest of our trip.

I think the food at Mama Melrose is slightly better than at Tony's, but the atmosphere is much better at Mama Melrose.

If I could name only one thing to sway me between the two though, I would have to go with the chocolate cake at Mama Melrose's. It's wonderful! Small individual chocolate cake, filled with a warm liquid chocolate center, then drizzled with powdered sugar and raspberries. I love that cake!

Been to both Tony's over MM. BUT Tutto over Tony's.

Now see, we'd rank them:
#1 Tutto Italia
#2 Mama Melrose
#3 Tony's

We've eaten at Tony's several times and while sometimes it's very good, other times I've gotten really, REALLY bad food there. The funny thing is both my mom and my husband always get good food there. lol Mama Melrose we've all always gotten good food and good service, but Tutto Italia blows both out of the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter