• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tony's Town Square-lunch

Sister Scoop Disney

Mouseketeer
We loved the tomato pesto spread at Tony's town square.......
Does anyone know if this is still being offered at the "temporary" family style character lunch at Tony's while Crystal Palace is in Rehab?

We had lunch there a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Wasn't a character lunch when we were there though.

Would also like to hear from some who've gone since the characters have been added. We're thinking of doing this lunch in November.

Lisa

We ate at Tony's at the end of July just after it had taken over from the Crystal Palace (due to refurbishment).

I had heard that it was going to be an 'all you care to eat' lunch buffet with characters. I made a P.S. and asked whether this was the case - the lady confirmed that it was - with pizza and pasta etc.

We were looking forward to it - and arrived hungry and quite tired. We had to wait about 25 mins to be seated and there was no sign of a buffet and we were presented with a menu. This was fixed price and included 3 starters, 5 mains and 2 deserts. At this point we were too hungry to want to go elsewhere so decided to go for it. However we were very disappointed - DH's and my meal were OK but the children didn't like any of the ikems they had chosen.

AFter thinking about it later in the day I contacted Tony's manager and explained my situation. He said he had had several similar phonecalls that day. Apparently the reservations people were telling everyone it was a buffet which was incorrect. But he also told me that we should have been offered multiple entree choices if we had wanted them. After some discussion he offered me a complimentary dinner at Tony's but I said that the children probably wouldn't want to go for that (they are not terribly picky eaters but this is fairly sophisticated Italian food and they were expecting pizza and pasta) I explained that and he suggested that he could make me reservations at another MK restaurant. I said I would ring back when we had thought about it. I did so later in the week but he had retracted his offer of a complimentary meal at another restaurant (whether this was a misunderstanding on my part I'm not sure - don't think so) and as the children didn't want to go back to Tony's we declined his offer. Thinking about it - it wasn't really Tony's fault - we were badly misinformed by the reservations people. Tony's manager (who was extremely helpful and tried to be accomodating) suggested we write a letter to WDW with our complaint but I'm not sure whether it would be worth it (other that getting my feelings off my chest - after all we spend well over $100 on a meal which our 5 children hardly touched).

Any other experiences or comments appreciated.

Diana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter