Tony's or The Plaza

We like Tony's. I know that isn't the popular opinion, but I am a Lady and the Tramp fan, and DD just likes Tony's. Plus, I'm not a huge sandwich eater.

Definitely The Plaza!! Our service and meals there have been perfect!! We have eaten a couple of times at Tony's, and I wouldn't even consider going back.

Love the Plaza. It is a must do for us every trip. We were chosen as family of the day one time.

I'd pick the Plaza. Tony's gets a bad rap on here, but we didn't think it was bad. But we prefer the lighter sandwich type of fare at the Plaza rather than the heartier entrée type meals at Tony's. So, depends on what your party is looking for.

About 1 in 100 people here on The Dis would vote for Tony's. LOL I haven't eaten at either, but I've heard almost 100% positive reviews for The Plaza. It's only a few dollars more than a counter service restaurant and I've heard great things about their entrees and ice cream.

The Plaza would easily be our choice. In fact, anything but Tony's would be our choice.

Hope these reviews help . . .

Our Ratings of Tony's Town Square: (*rev 07/22/2015*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: A
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Seasonal Melon w/Prosciutto
. . . entree:.. Fresh Catch Salad
. . . dessert:. Pistachio Crème Brûlée
NOTE1: The staff friendliness and the eatery atmosphere are good, but misleading, as the
food is not something to write home about. Meats are average for the Italian entrées, but
akin to CHEF BOY AR DEE - using CHEF BOY AR DEE could be considered an insult to the
famous chef from Cleveland, Ohio. The sauce may be tomato, but it is definitely not a true
marinara. The appetizers are average. In a pinch, Tony's might do, but there are far better
choices. On the plus side, the desserts are simple, but pretty good. Hard to justify going
the first time, let alone going back.
NOTE2: If available, one can ask for a outdoor patio table. However, it is not a good place
to view parades, even though one might think so.

********************************************************************************
Our Ratings of Plaza Restuarant: (*rev 5/22/2015*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... n/a
. . . entree:.. Grilled Reuben, Meatloaf Meal
. . . dessert:. Original Banana Split
NOTE: The eatery is mainly a salad and sandwich shop, and most consider it not a real
sit-down restaurant. As a sandwich shop, it is well above average with consistent quality.
As a sit-down eatery, it is far below average. Don't know why is it a TS category eatery?
Our best guess is that WDW wanted another eatery to burn TS coupons from guest's DDP
and chose this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter