• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tony's or plaza?

DisneyDancin7

Loves the Smell of Columbia Harbour House
my family and i made an ADR for tony's town square, but we looked at the menu and aren't really sure it's something we want...so we made another ADR at the Plaza Restaurant...which do you prefer? I know the two places have very different options for food, but overall, which is better? :confused3

my family and i made an ADR for tony's town square, but we looked at the menu and aren't really sure it's something we want...so we made another ADR at the Plaza Restaurant...which do you prefer? I know the two places have very different options for food, but overall, which is better? :confused3

We like them both, but I would give the edge to Plaza. After all the other "big" meals we have at Disney, we like a simpler meal. The portions are HUGE at the Plaza, but the sandwiches are very good and the shakes and sundaes are heavenly. We like Tony's as well (more so for lunch than dinner--not as crowded/rushed), but we haven't been happy with their menu selections lately.

I think the Plaza is better than Tony's as well. As the OP said the sandwiches are HUGE (but you can't beat their Reubens - yummmmmm), their food quality is better, and if you can sit in the little room off the main dining room you'll get a glorious view of the castle. Decisions, decisions!!:thumbsup2

Tony's is awful! Serioulsy-been there 2 times-thats enough. The first time in 2001 our honeymoon and thought it was the worst italian food ever-we went back in 2006 and it was just as bad as I remembered. It's really small too-everyone eats right ontop of eachother.:scared:

The Plaza - a hidden gem. Nothing fancy, just good.

We enjoy both Plaza and Tony's, but anything at the Magic Kingdom you're going to get majorly different reviews. It really depends on the night/reviewer just like any place you can go to.

It looks like Plaza wins hands down, but my DD11, who has been reading the Dis over my shoulder, begged me to reply to put 'her' (my) 2 cents in. We LOVE Tony's and it is the first ADR we choose when planning. DD loves the steak, the atmosphere, the fountain is adorable, all the Lady & Tramp touches. So while everyone else is filling up the Plaza, that leaves more room for us at Tony's:banana:

The Plaza - a hidden gem. Nothing fancy, just good.

ITA. While we dine at both Tony's and The Plaza, I believe the OP would be better off at The Plaza since Tony's menu fid not appeal to you. Tony's changes their menu often. We have had some fanatstic meals there and some just so-so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter