tony's lunch menu changed?

allicat

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>
We always avoided Tonys due to bad reviews. However, last April we decided to try it and had a really nice lunch there and looked forward to going back.
Not sure if its a permanent thing but when we visited Tonys for lunch on Aug. 27th-the menu was different. I went there looking to enjoy a chicken parm sandwich or a panini like previous visits and they offered none. Mostly had things like baked ziti and items that you would expect to be on the dinner menu.
Dh had the ziti and thought it was pretty tasteless and honestly, I cant even remember what I ate, so what does that say.
We were very disappointed.
I asked the waiter why the change and he mumbled something and walked away so I never did get to the bottom of it! Anyone else been there recently?

we ate there on Aug. 30th and I thought the same thing....I wanted a sandwich and ended up with baked ziti that was just ok.

I didn't care for the service or how our food was brought to us. We were on the dining plan, if we weren't I would have complained when I was there. There were 9 of us and 5 people ordered the breadsticks as an appitizer, but only 3 plates came out. He said something about because everyone ordered that it was "easier"...for who? because now we didn't have bread plate to put it down on and couldn't "double dip" because we were sharing the sauce now. The meals came out about 3 minutes after the appitizers and then there was no choice on dessert...oh wait, yes there was, eat it or don't. He brought out 3 trays of the desserts yet he charged all 8 (we had 1 child making it 9)of us the dessert price. I think so he would get a bigger tip. The only good thing there was how cute the waiter was and the view. We at in the glass room.

We ate there on 8/26 and they got rid of the lunch menu and are using the dinner menu all day due to free dining. We were not pleased since we went just for the panini! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter