Tony's in MK...is it really bad?

twitterpated31

Mouseketeer
I keep reading comments about Tony's town square.

I guess I'm thinking about it because I love Lady and the Tramp (and chicken parm!) but I'm a bit worried about the food from some of the negative comments I've seen.

Is it bad-bad or just not fabulous? Are we talking like East Side Mario's or cafeteria food?

Thanks for your help!

The food is perfectly fine. What we like about it is the atmosphere, and the fact that it is one of the few restaurants at WDW that doesn't rush you! It is nice to sit over a cup of coffee and some tiramisu and relax. And the chicken parm isn't bad at all, as long as you are not expecting "fabulous".

Yes.

For reference, I will go to Mama Melrose again. I was pleased with my meal at MM and got chicken parm that was, I'd say Olive Garden-esque. Got chicken parm at Tony's too and I will never eat there again. Food was blech, service was so-so, and where we were seated was nothing special and in busy foot traffic area. So not great and overpriced for that.

Never had chicken parmesan at Tony's but we had a perfectly nice and acceptable lunch there. It's not gourmet but no worse than many mass market Italian places and it is a nice atmosphere. And good location.

I would not consider it horrible, but the food does not stand out too much and is just ok. When it comes to the chicken parm or the spaghetti with meatballs, the quality is pretty low. It's not Via Napoli, but it's not cafeteria quality either. The restaurant is pretty though.

We avoided Tony's for a while based on everything we read. We finally decided to give it a try and see for ourselves.
We enjoyed our meal. I had the chicken parm and enjoyed it. It is not "top of the line" food, but it was a good meal and we have reservations to go there again.
If you really want to try it, than you should give it a try. That's what we did.

Its disgusting. Mind you its been a couple years since we've gone...but it was so bad that we vowed never to return. We had spag/balls and chicken parm. Both were awful. I'd stay away from anything with marinara sauce to be safe. Atmosphere is rather cold. I like lady and the tramp but i wasnt too fond of the atmosphere.

We avoided Tony's for a while based on everything we read. We finally decided to give it a try and see for ourselves.
We enjoyed our meal. I had the chicken parm and enjoyed it. It is not "top of the line" food, but it was a good meal and we have reservations to go there again.
If you really want to try it, than you should give it a try. That's what we did.

This is exactly what I was going to say

The last time we went it was absolutely awful. We will never go back. My parents however like it and go every once in a while.

To elaborate on the awful: we had terrible service, you're crammed in next to people, it was a very long wait to be seated, and the food (to us) was edible, but not very good. Not worth the hassle to us.

Not good. We had moldy berries to finish off an abominable meal, and worse service. The only time in 25 years a cast member was mouthy outwardly rude and sarcastic toward our family. I have NEVER left no tip at WDW except on this occasion.
She got an earful from me as did the equally useless manager.

Hungry Man chicken parm circa 1978 is a far better meal.
Go anywhere else.

If it interests you, I say try everything once. Having said that, I haven't been to this restaurant. I've genuinely never had a bad meal in Disney (out of probably 20 7-10 night trips with one TS meal per day). I don't know what it is, I think I'm so happy to just be there and my standards are honestly probably not that high, we just love the dining experiences of the parks. We really never have complaints.

I don't say that to discredit anyone else's bad experiences. There are some places we have no desire to return to - Coral Reef and Le Cellier come to mind. Nothing particularly bad about them, we just have so many that we like so much more. I think trying something once can't really hurt.

I actually found Tony's to be better than Tutto Italia. I had two bad meals at Tutto Italia. Their marinara tastes like Ragu out of a jar, and the service was so-so. At Tony's we get exactly what we want and it's good every time. We've been going there since our first Sisters Trip in 1994. I can't recall ever having a bad experience. Your Mileage May Vary.

Hello! We have had mixed reviews about the service at Tony's. Sometimes we have had to wait a little extra for our table, but at other times we have been seated right away. However, the food has been fine. It is not a gourmet meal, but food has always come out hot and tastes good. My DH always gets the chicken parm and enjoys his whole meal. I typically get something with shrimp and I also have no complaints. We booked this for one of our dinners for upcoming August vacation. I also like that this is a restaurant within the MK making it easier to continue enjoying the park.

I keep reading comments about Tony's town square.

I guess I'm thinking about it because I love Lady and the Tramp (and chicken parm!) but I'm a bit worried about the food from some of the negative comments I've seen.

Is it bad-bad or just not fabulous? Are we talking like East Side Mario's or cafeteria food?

Thanks for your help!
Listen.....the guys on The Dis totally kill it...as well as many others. For such a prime location in the greatest theme park in the world, it should be AWESOME...and it's not. BUT.....and its a big but.....its all about the red sauce! We went there and the wife and kids had Ckn parm....and it was NO GOOD! I had a Braised Lamb Shank with polenta and others had cream based sauces and all those dishes were AWESOME....as well as their pistachio creme brulee' for dessert. The theme and staff are awesome...they just need to hire a chef that can make a great slow cooked red sauce! I'd still try it though.

I have been 3 times and have always enjoyed it. I have never had the chicken parm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter