Tony's at MK

Chellymouse

DIS Veteran
Ok, so we're heading to the World in 16 days and DH has decided he doesn't want to eat at the Wave before MNSSHP even though it's a 5pm ressie. He thinks it's too much food and wasting time. We ate at Tony's a couple of years ago and it wasn't the greatest. Has anyone been there recently? If so, how was the food?
TIA!!

yes we have..
I like it. Its a bit like Olive Garden .. NOT like thats a bad thing. I enjoyed our meal. it was a nice break from burgers and such. Very convenient.

rolliev60 said:
I ate there two weeks ago and it was much better than it's been in years.:thumbsup2

I agree that it was better this March than it had been on our last 2 trips. However, I think that is where we waited the longest past our ADR. Just to help in planning...

We've eaten at Tony's a handful of times over the years & while I can't say I had a great meal there ever, it wasn't anything bad.

The Wave, however, has been consistenly excellent in both food & service. Try to convince him to try it!

Our Ratings of Tony's Town Square (Dinner): (rev 9/20/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: A
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Not something to write home about. Meat dishes are
average and Italian entrées are akin to CHEF-BOY-AR-DEE; well,
using CHEF-BOY-AR-DEE could be considered an insult to that
famous Cleveland, Ohio chef. The sauce may be tomato sauce,
but it is definitely not a marinara. The appetizers are average.
In a pinch, Tony's will do, but there are far better choices. On
the plus side, the desserts are simple, but pretty good. Hard
to justify going the first time, let alone going back.

Ok, so we're heading to the World in 16 days and DH has decided he doesn't want to eat at the Wave before MNSSHP even though it's a 5pm ressie. He thinks it's too much food and wasting time. We ate at Tony's a couple of years ago and it wasn't the greatest. Has anyone been there recently? If so, how was the food?
TIA!!

I didnt care for it. It was just OK> why not try to eat @ the plaza? It is underrated in my opinion :)

The Wave is a LOT better.

I am assuming that he wants to eat inside MK. Maybe try the Plaza if he's worried about too much food.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all of the comments. Tony's was pretty bad the last time we ate there and I see there are still many mixed reviews. Thank you to those who mentioned the Wave. After sharing comments, DH has decided that he will "find something to eat"...I think he's just being a stinker!!:rolleyes1 Thanks for the replies about the Plaza. We have a ressie there on Sunday before our party and are anxious to try it as it's our first time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter