• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TONS of questions! A Disney geek visiting Universal!

Thank you everyone for all your responses! :) Since were only about a month or so away from leaving, here's a little update:

On May 12th were leaving at 10 A.M. to get to Orlando around 12-12:30 since check-in is not until 4, we decided to catch some lunch at downtown Disney and do a little shopping. We will head over to the Holiday Inn at the entrance of Universal around 3:30 and check-in spending the rest of the night to relax and get ready for the next day.

Our original plan was to make a little grocery shopping trip once we get there to avoid paying for over priced food in the park. However, we do not want to take a backpack with us and use the option of the lockers so we will be eating inside the parks for lunch. That puts a little dent on our budget, but Justin and I have been working almost everyday in order to make it work. :)

That doesn't mean we can't eat breakfast and dinner inside our hotel though! Therefore we will be making a little stop at Walmart for some yogurt, sandwhiches, chips, etc.

I've looked at numerous crowd calendars for our dates and everyday were there it's slow! Woohoo! :) However, we are thinking about getting a express pass if things are too unbearable since were not staying on-site.

Another option we have made is to take a taxi to the front of the parks. Apparently our resort is not at the entrance of Universal, it's about a half hour walk to Universal. Since we would be walking all day we figure putting up the $5 wouldn't kill us. Can you tell were totally cheapos? ;)

The 13th, 14th, 15th, will just be days that we play in the parks all day! I would REALLY love to eat at Mythos and the Three Broomsticks for lunch, but I am wondering if I should make a reservation in order to do so?

That's all for now, thanks for reading! :) A trip report will be done after our vacation just fyi.

you can use open table for the mythos ressie.
or you can make a ressie in city walk at the guest kiosk, or make it while you are in the park.

you can also do a walk up for mythos.

the 3 B's don't take ressies, except for those that have a breakfast package there.

macraven said:
you can use open table for the mythos ressie.
or you can make a ressie in city walk at the guest kiosk, or make it while you are in the park.

you can also do a walk up for mythos.

the 3 B's don't take ressies, except for those that have a breakfast package there.

Thank you very much! :) Would I be able to do a walk up for the Three Broomsticks? Or is it impossible? From what I've been reading it's hard to get a table there.

Thank you very much! :) Would I be able to do a walk up for the Three Broomsticks? Or is it impossible? From what I've been reading it's hard to get a table there.

The breakfast is expensive and not the best food. If you want to eat there, I'd do lunch or dinner. We go at the end of August, and I never found much of a line for lunch or dinner.

if you want breakfast, go to the TM standing outside of the entrance that has a clipboard.

ask that TM if there is room for a walk in.

lunch and dinner has better food.
never an issue to get in and eat during that time period.

Lynne G said:
The breakfast is expensive and not the best food. If you want to eat there, I'd do lunch or dinner. We go at the end of August, and I never found much of a line for lunch or dinner.

Alrighty! What are some of your favorite things to eat there? Any recommendations? :)

Lynne G said:

Alrighty! What are some of your favorite dishes there? Any recommendations? :)

macraven said:
if you want breakfast, go to the TM standing outside of the entrance that has a clipboard.

ask that TM if there is room for a walk in.

lunch and dinner has better food.
never an issue to get in and eat during that time period.

Okie dokie, thank you very much! :)

I have never done it but pastamore market in city walk I am told is supposed to have a decent for the price breakfast

Alrighty! What are some of your favorite things to eat there? Any recommendations? :)

I like the chicken and potatoes, my kids liked the fish. The inside has so much to look at. We also get our butterbeer here too. Easier than standing in line for it at the outside cart.

Have a great time! We enjoy the scenery in both parks as much as the rides.

Lynne G said:
I like the chicken and potatoes, my kids liked the fish. The inside has so much to look at. We also get our butterbeer here too. Easier than standing in line for it at the outside cart.

Have a great time! We enjoy the scenery in both parks as much as the rides.

Thank you for all your help! :)

Lynne G said:

I agree. The breakfast was terrible and not worth the cost.

My son and I shared a breakfast there (walked up to guy with clipboard in front and asked- didn't have ressies) and had plenty between the two of us. My son was 14 at the time and had a pretty healthy appetite. I don't remember which plate it was, but there were pancakes and sausages on it, as well as more (don't remember what). It was American food, not British, so no black pudding or stuff like that. Not badly priced either I think.

We love the theming in there being big Harry Potter fans. And we find it is usually less crowded in the Hog's Head (connected to 3B) to get our Butter Beer and Pumpkin Juice.

We are not foodies, so the food was perfectly fine as far as we were concerned. Just regular food. The theme of the place was the main draw for us- didn't expect spectacular food, just spectacular theming. :thumbsup2

From what I have read on these boards, the adult portions are a pretty decent size, so well worth it. I think that it is not the typical burger and pizza kind of theme park fare here, but you should look at the menu sticky and see it there is food you would like.

Have a frozen Butter Beer for me! :)

Okay. This is our first time going to Universal. We usually spend our whole vacations at Disney. This May we will be spending 3 Days at universal, what's the deal with lockers and fanny packs ?
We aren't allowed to carry our cross body bags or back backs like at Disney ?

Okay. This is our first time going to Universal. We usually spend our whole vacations at Disney. This May we will be spending 3 Days at universal, what's the deal with lockers and fanny packs ?
We aren't allowed to carry our cross body bags or back backs like at Disney ?
You can carry bags but you can't bring them on certain rides. Those rides generally have free lockers outside where you can stow your gear but they can get busy and sometimes the lockers are temperamental.

If we bring stuff into the parks (usually don't) I prefer to rent an all day locker. It's nice to be hands-free at Universal.

Thank you Planogirl !

That's good to know. Guess I should be doing more reading and planning on Universal !
:)

Thank you Planogirl !

That's good to know. Guess I should be doing more reading and planning on Universal !
:)
It's a whole other world in some ways. :)

Those free lockers are great and a lot of people just breeze right through. Those things hate me though. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter