Tons of ADRs for my Dec dates? Weird?

We went for Columbus Day weekend. Had reservations for mama Melroses and the plaza. Both had multiple tables open that stayed open during our meal.

I didn't have trouble getting ADR for Dec 16-Dec 20 today including Cal Grill at 7:50 for a party of 5
I got everything except Space 220 and we may try for a walk-up there.
I know the real holiday craziness isn't quite there yet.

but based on all the ridiculous price increases I think maybe people are more reticent about all the table service ADRs. maybe they are having quick service or leaving to eat off site?

Sure not that way in November when we are going! Maybe everyone is trying to go a month before Christmas to avoid the crowds and thus as a result are creating crowds!

This has been our experience all year. We were there in Jan, May and and going back in Dec. We've found tons of ADR's available with a wide variety of times. Our May trip and part of the Jan trip were very last minute (as in a week ahead of time) and we had no problem getting reservations at restaurants we love. I'm not sure of the reason, but it has been awfully nice. I'm afraid that it's about to change, though. Once the dining plan returns I expect reservations will be much harder to come by.

I also was very surprised at all of the openings from 12/17-12/21. Got everything I wanted at great times and even a Candlelight Processional dinner at the time I wanted. It was awesome!

One reason we won't be doing any TS breakfast is the fact that they don't open early enough to get to EE into the parks. Others may feel the same way?

One reason we won't be doing any TS breakfast is the fact that they don't open early enough to get to EE into the parks. Others may feel the same way?
We rarely do TS breakfast because of this. Sometimes we do an in park TS breakfast, but it's usually late into the breakfast window..

Count yourself lucky because I had the toughest time I’ve ever had booking adrs for the first week of December. I have a dining finder subscription and haven’t had a single opening come up in the past couple weeks, other than when the candlelight processional dining dropped.

I was able to get ur dining reservations for Christmas week with ease today. I got the Fantasmic package at H&V on Christmas night and CRT PPO breakfast with no problem. There were even hard to get reservations like Space Lounge available.

Count yourself lucky because I had the toughest time I’ve ever had booking adrs for the first week of December. I have a dining finder subscription and haven’t had a single opening come up in the past couple weeks, other than when the candlelight processional dining dropped.

I got Space 220 and Biergarten at good times by getting on it right at 60 days at 3am our time, but then overslept for Candlelight Processional booking :(

I know we cannot post trading reservations here on Disboard (which is why I'm not including dates etc), but is there a Facebook page people recommend to try and trade reservations - and is that even a "thing"? Any suggestions appreciated, I'm making myself blind refreshing the CP page with no options turning up at all.

This has been our experience all year. We were there in Jan, May and and going back in Dec. We've found tons of ADR's available with a wide variety of times. Our May trip and part of the Jan trip were very last minute (as in a week ahead of time) and we had no problem getting reservations at restaurants we love. I'm not sure of the reason, but it has been awfully nice. I'm afraid that it's about to change, though. Once the dining plan returns I expect reservations will be much harder to come by.
The fact the Dining Plans are returning would seem to indicate a slowing of Dining Reservations noted by Disney already ... we should enjoy this little window of opportunity. But I agree with others, so many expenses with the WDW trip have escalated, a pricey sit-down meal seems less of a nice addition, and more like the $traw that broke the camels back ...

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if all these extra costs you have to factor in, are the waiters at Disney being affected with empty tables?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter