Tons of ADRs for my Dec dates? Weird?

Lisa LSR

DIS Veteran
Today was my 60 days for my 12/15 - 12/22 trip. I've done this many times and when the window opens at 5 am, it's a mad scramble to grab what's available. I never get everything, and usually have to settle for times that I wasn't planning for. Actually, I end up planning my day around what I can get for dining reservations. This morning, there were tons of times for everything! I was shocked to actually get so many choices for times. Usually Sci-Fi is full, but not even close this time. Even Ohana had tons of available times. The only reservation that was really booked solid was Space 220 Lounge, but I still got one for it.

This has never been my experience, especially in the holidays. What's the deal?

Perhaps you were fortunate to be booking early in the 'calm before the dining storm' of the holiday period coming up at the end of your trip! It's nice to see some good news about ADRs sometimes!

Perhaps you were fortunate to be booking early in the 'calm before the dining storm' of the holiday period coming up at the end of your trip! It's nice to see some good news about ADRs sometimes!
I don' t know. Even when we have gone on "less crowded" times, it was harder to get ADRs then it was this morning. I was shocked.

Don’t know about other folks, but I’m leaving my days open until I book Candlelight Processional dinner. I’ll be one of thousands online at 6 AM tomorrow to take my best shot! After that the rest of my ressies can fall into place.

Same thing this morning. Got everything and could have gotten the really insane ones, with pick of times.

I noticed this phenomenon last week. The ADRs are almost wide open, even for today. Could WDW attendance have fallen off that much, or are guests just cutting back on the dining? It will be interesting to see the numbers.

It seems like people are doing fewer table service meals but going bigger with them. Places like Cinderella's Royal Table or Space 220 are tougher to get, but other locations are easier than before.

Right now, at this very moment, among the ADR still available for tonight include: 50s Prime Time, Boma, Cape May, Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, Narcoossee's, Rose & Crown, Roundup Rodeo, San Angel Inn, Sanaa, Sci-Fi, Crystal Palace, Brown Derby, Tusker House, and many, many more.

Or possibly, people like myself aren’t as concerned about doing the the mad rush at 6A for the 60 Days plus anymore - I have noticed that it is still harder to book closer into travel dates (or more limited choices) - but frankly - on my last two trips this year - reservations are much more flexible to modify and change on same day as well - I am sure there are all kinds of reasons -

Or possibly, people like myself aren’t as concerned about doing the the mad rush at 6A for the 60 Days plus anymore - I have noticed that it is still harder to book closer into travel dates (or more limited choices) - but frankly - on my last two trips this year - reservations are much more flexible to modify and change on same day as well - I am sure there are all kinds of reasons -
We've been on four WDW trips in the past 4 years - April 2019, September 2020, April 2021, and October 2022. None of the four had ADR availability anywhere near what is happening now. A couple we know who are DVC members and usually go twice a year or more told me that they've not seen it like this since 2012.

This phenomenon has been going on since our April Easter trip. Openings are offered at 5, 10, or 15 minute intervals so it's much easier to snag a reservation. I don't book ADR anymore until the night before or the day of. We're going in December for 6 nights and so far we've only booked Fantasmic. We're leaving the other nights open in hope to get a last minute Luminous fireworks package.

We've been on four WDW trips in the past 4 years - April 2019, September 2020, April 2021, and October 2022. None of the four had ADR availability anywhere near what is happening now. A couple we know who are DVC members and usually go twice a year or more told me that they've not seen it like this since 2012.
Sounds like a great experience now versus the past and only reinforces why I am unconcerned about it - still haven’t made one ADR for my upcoming post thanksgiving trip - and looking now - choices are definitely more limited.

For 6 of my last 8 trips beginning January 2022, I was wiping the sleep from my eyes because the “experts” said that’s what I had to do. Last two trips, I haven’t sweated it at all - and both of those trips were quite crowded in the restaurants - with no issue getting where we wanted to eat - especially same day selections with groups of 4 and 6 - So dunno what to tell you …

Could WDW attendance have fallen off that much, or are guests just cutting back on the dining? It will be interesting to see the numbers.
Based on our 8 trips since 2021, the visits where I noticed a smaller volume of guests as compared to pre-pandemic were June '21 and July '23. Otherwise, the parks were as busy or even busier than before even with the silly park reservations and hopping restrictions.

I can't tell if guests are cutting back on dining, or the ADR system is adjusted to allow more booking. We've had 20+ table services this year and all the restaurants, except for Coral Reef, were always full.

I'm looking for week of 3rd and SHOCKED at all the good places/times available. I had not planned on booking any but now I'm reconsidering.

Oddly enough, I forgot about making my ADR for my November and December trip until right now......off to look!

Surprisingly, I was able to get every one of my choices for early December. This is the first time ever that I was able to get all of my choices at my requested times.

I wonder if it’s a combination of staffing back to normal and fewer guests. Let’s hope it’s not the cluster I am expecting for our Xmas to NYE trip. It’s not the end of the world though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter