Tonight's the first MVMCP ...

JenLoy said:
Okay all you party-goers, will someone please post some details from this year's party??? Please!!!

bumping in hopes that some will....

We will be there on the 8th. This will be mine and best friends 3rd MVMCP but it will be the kids 1st. Having dinner at LTT at 4:10.

FirstTimertoDiz said:
Bumping again- we'll be there on the 11th- the forecast says rain, so hopefully that will change in time to PAR-TAY! I'd take rain in Disney over sunshine anywhere else, though.

Lisa

Where did you find a forecast for the 11th? I can only find one that is 10 days out. PLMK TIA Maggie

When should we go MVMCP on either 12/15 or 12/18? Will it be less crowded on a Sunday Eve or Thursday Eve.

Any helps?

honeybees said:
When should we go MVMCP on either 12/15 or 12/18? Will it be less crowded on a Sunday Eve or Thursday Eve.

Any helps?
I am wondering about the 18th and the 20th! Which will be less crowded? I figure that both days will be! The 18th is a Sunday and the 20th is the last party.

Any thoughts?

Someone had asked about the background for the picture. Friends that went to the first party told me that the background was light blue with snowflakes.

Hi, just crawled back to Pop Century room after attending Tuesday Nov 29th's party! It was my first MVMCP, and it was pretty nice! I got in right before 7:00. Didn't do too many rides as I like to experience the shows and parades instead. Started raining, but not too much, fortunately! The snow on Main Street was a sight to see! We saw the Mickey's Night Before Christmas show in Tomorrowland, which was a class act. Got the free photo taken in Adventureland at 11:45 with no waits. The whole party did not seem crowded at all. In fact, we walked into the ToonTown greeting rooms with no waits. Fantasyland looked deserted at the beginning of the party! Maybe because lots of people were already lined up for the 8:15 parade - we saw not much free front row spots left when we walked up Main Street at 7:15. Personally I think that is too early to sit! We saw the 10:45 parade, and I think we sat down at 10:30 in Frontierland, and the parade did not arrive there until after 11:00 pm.

Overall, the parade was WOW! Pretty long, too! I only seen some of those floats on TV - cool to see them in real life! They had the pink Hippos from Fantasia on roller skates! Tons of Toy Soldiers and Reindeer. Loved the Brer Bear and Rabbit float! Personally, I liked MNSSHP parade better (and the song!), but that is just me!

Characters were about, but not tons of them. MNSSHP is FAR better in terms of characters! Mary Poppins, Bert, and two penguins were greeting by Exposition Hall (right after you enter MK, to the right). They were rotating with Goofy (dressed as Santa) and his son Max. Santa was greeting by City Hall - line was too long so we didn't see him. In Adventureland in the veranda (sp?), Genie and the rare Abu were greeting, then rotating with Aladdin and Jasmine (dressed as they normally do). Hook and Smee were by Pirates of the Caribbean. All four Country Bears were out in front of the Country Bear Jamboree (which is great as I don't think they get out much anymore!). Jessie, Woody and Bullseye were at the Diamond Horseshoe. Brer Bear was by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Other characters were Belle (wearing a purplish dress) and Beast in the Small World stroller parking/old SKyway landing in Fantasyland. They rotated with Snow White and her Prince, who is very rare! Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit were by the Tea Cups when we walked by. Donald was in the back of Fantasyland with Christmas Trees and a big line! Pooh and Eeyore were greeting in Pooh's Playful Spot. When they went in, then Tigger, Piglet and the rare Rabbit came out. In the ToonTown Meeting Rooms, they only had two open. Mickey, Minnie, and Daisy were greeting in one room. In the princess room, there was Perla and Suzy and Aurora (there may have been other princesses, but we only saw Aurora). No other characters out in ToonTown that we saw. In the TimeKeeper queue, there was the standard Buzz, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, and Stitch.

Whew! Overall it was fun, but I so much prefer MNSSHP! The atmosphere at MNSSHP emerses you better, and there seems to be more to do at MNSSHP. I did like the cookie and the hot chocolate, though! And I am going to Thursday's MVMCP too, and do it all again! :) :)

SJC1984 said:
Can't wait to hear what happens tonight! We are going on the 13th and can't wait!! :Pinkbounc

We'll be there December 13th as well.

Thanks for the review HugsforEeyore!

:earseek: OMG! After reading Hugs report I think I will have to talk DW into going to 2 partries(12/6 & 12/8). It really shouldn't be all that hard :teeth:

We're going on the 20th. It will probably be crowded, but oh well! It's our first MVMCP! I'm really excited!!!

One question I have is how much is the merchandise?

MVMCP When to go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HugsForEeyore said:
We saw the Mickey's Night Before Christmas show in Tomorrowland, which was a class act. Got the free photo taken in Adventureland at 11:45 with no waits.
I did like the cookie and the hot chocolate, though! And I am going to Thursday's MVMCP too, and do it all again! :) :)

I know you didn't arrive until 7pm, but do you have any idea where they may have been 'holding' people that arrived earlier while CM's cleared out the non-party people? And can you tell us what the backdrop for the photo was (or at least what color? And where were the cookie spots? Harbor House & Cosmic Ray's?

Thanks for your report! :love1: We've all been waiting for every little morsel. Hope the weather is better for you on Thursday ... that's when we arrive at the World! :hyper:

We're going on the 6th to our 1st one ever, so I'm anxiously awaiting those answers also! We have lunch in the castle at 2:40 and I'm trying to decide to leave after and come back, or just stay through.
I'm so excited!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Brikate said:
I know you didn't arrive until 7pm, but do you have any idea where they may have been 'holding' people that arrived earlier while CM's cleared out the non-party people? And can you tell us what the backdrop for the photo was (or at least what color? And where were the cookie spots? Harbor House & Cosmic Ray's?

Thanks for your report! :love1: We've all been waiting for every little morsel. Hope the weather is better for you on Thursday ... that's when we arrive at the World! :hyper:

They hold people at Tomorrowland.

Also, I saw Holiday Wishes. While it is a great show, it definately is not "wishes" and doesn't pull at your heart. It has a GREAT melody and the show is really good. In fact the show is very unique and they do 2 different episodes of the "massive" shells they use at the end of Wishes. You know that "huge" shell they use at the end of wishes? Well they do it twice in this show, on two seperate times.

They have the perimeter fireworks, which are great. YOu'll enjoy the show but it doesn't Pull at your heart like Wishes does.

civileng68 said:
They hold people at Tomorrowland.

Thanks for the up-date ... that's where they have always been held in the past,
but because of mnsshp people being held up in Adventureland, people were speculating whether the same would be true for mvmcp. Now we know it is Tomorrowland.

Holiday Wishes.... YOu'll enjoy the show but it doesn't Pull at your heart like Wishes does.

We do enjoy the Holiday Wishes, but will be back a couple of other night to experience the 'regular' Wishes.

Thanks for sharing guys- we'll be at MVMCP on the 6th!! our first one ever! :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter