• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tonight is the night... FP+

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
So I am still trying to figure out what to book... That can't be good right?

How easy is it to change FP+ leading up to the trip?

I am making all the calls for the group, and want to make everyone happy but am not sure what the right decisions are.... I know I want Sorian, and am trying for A&E, but should I just skip 7DMT and fastpass more of the kid rides (PP, Dumbo, Buzz etc?) I am just not sure what the right call is..

Group is 7 adults 1 infant for 2 park days and 1 park day 4 adults 1 infant

I guess this is more of a vent then a question, lots of pressure

Is the infant the only kid?

Peter Pan is the one ride that typically needs a FP.

Mine train--some adults love it and some don't. But a FP would be a good idea if you want to try it and see for yourself. My family has ridden a couple of times at RD with decent waits around 30 minutes or so.

Dumbo--I have not seen a need for FP since they doubled the capacity.

Buzz often needs FP.

Mesaboy has a thread with detail tips to help you with your choices. The link: http://www.disboards.com/threads/fa...tegies-part-ii.3326057/page-102#post-53082300

Also--we pick a mountain, a ride everyone can do, and the third is a wildcard depending on our mood--usually a favorite that everyone can do.

Is the infant the only kid?

Peter Pan is the one ride that typically needs a FP.

Mine train--some adults love it and some don't. But a FP would be a good idea if you want to try it and see for yourself. My family has ridden a couple of times at RD with decent waits around 30 minutes or so.

Dumbo--I have not seen a need for FP since they doubled the capacity.

Buzz often needs FP.

Mesaboy has a thread with detail tips to help you with your choices. The link: http://www.disboards.com/threads/fa...tegies-part-ii.3326057/page-102#post-53082300

Also--we pick a mountain, a ride everyone can do, and the third is a wildcard depending on our mood--usually a favorite that everyone can do.

Yes Infant is the only kid, 10 months, my sister at 30 is the next youngest person.

I have read Mesaboy's thread and it was extremely helpful,

I think I am more worried people are going to be annoyed why didn't you FP this, and what about this, when no one has given me and feedback....My DH keeps saying "just book what you want its your trip, if others aren't happy they could have done it themselves".

The only mountain I want to try is 7DMT (maybe FP) the others if i miss them this trip I am ok with it...

It's pretty easy to move things except A&E and 7dmt and things at a fixed time like parades and fireworks.

I planned for a group of 7 and if they didn't like what I picked they were welcome to sit it out.

I think I am more worried people are going to be annoyed why didn't you FP this, and what about this, when no one has given me and feedback....My DH keeps saying "just book what you want its your trip, if others aren't happy they could have done it themselves".

Your husband is a very wise man.

Lisa loves Pooh recommended getting a FP for Peter Pan, but it has a new interactive area in the queue that you don't see if you do FP.

Your husband is a very wise man.

Lisa loves Pooh recommended getting a FP for Peter Pan, but it has a new interactive area in the queue that you don't see if you do FP.

For PP i was thinking I would FP it and try to rope drop it, and if we end up doing it at RD then we will either go twice, or change the FP...I want to see the new queue but no one else in the group will even know its new, or care about it...

Well -- do you know what kinds of rides they like? If they are mountain folks (hehe)--not fast passing those may be a mistake.

But they have you coordinating for a reason. Tell them what you picked and if they want to do something different, move them around. Shouldn't be an issue for most things except anna and Elsa. Mine train could be difficult--but I have had success for 6 at 30 days, so that one isn't as problematic to move around.

I am ALWAYS the planner for our group no matter what vacation. Our group (family) is ten. I try to book to make all happy and then in a tie, I book what I want since if anyone really cared, they would do it themselves.

I am leaving in three weeks and planned for a group of 25. I didnt need any FP for A&E, parades or fireworks. I didnt have any trouble hetting anything I wanted. Then, last week, we had to change around a few things due to the HS boys baseball schedule and I was able to change Soarin and Tower of Terror times without any problems.

Listen to your dh. If anyone doesnt want to do their own FPs, they really dont care that much.

Well -- do you know what kinds of rides they like? If they are mountain folks (hehe)--not fast passing those may be a mistake.

But they have you coordinating for a reason. Tell them what you picked and if they want to do something different, move them around. Shouldn't be an issue for most things except anna and Elsa. Mine train could be difficult--but I have had success for 6 at 30 days, so that one isn't as problematic to move around.

For A&E I am only trying for 2-3 people (me, my sister and MIL) hoping that helps with that... Are they mountain people to be honest I am not sure... last 2 trips we skipped all of them (trip for my Mom she didn't like them, and then I was pego) my DH, I and my sister did do Space 1 time (I wasn't prego that trip). No idea what my in laws like I have never traveled with them before, let alone to Disney...

My Dad just texted and said he will go where ever DD goes... no help what so ever :)

Thanks everyone, I am going to listen to DH and all of you and book what I think and stop stressing!

You can utilize Rider Swap with your Fastpasses on your one park 4 adults day. This works for rides that the baby won't be able to ride.

Book 3 FPs for adults #1 and #2 and the other two adults ride on the swap.
For adults #3 and #4, book 3 FPs and then the two other adults ride on the swap.

In this way your group can ride 6 FP rides.

FP what you want to do (clearly they trust you and it's your holiday to) if they aren't happy then they must advise you what they do want to ride once you've booked everyone in and you can then try to accommodate individual requests. We were there in October and had no trouble at all changing FP+ the night before (not 7DMT or Toy Story Mania) or on the fly in the parks.

I often have to organise groups of 200+ (not at WDW thank goodness!) so I feel your pain about wanting to please everyone! Most people are usually happy to go with the flow as long as it seem rational. Good luck with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter