Tonga Toast

daisygirl902

DIS Veteran
I finally got to try Tonga Toast! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I went all by myself to Kona a few days ago - it was as good as I have always imagined it would be....wow, it did not disappoint one bit! I didn't find it too sweet - the strawberry compote helped cut the sweetness a bit.

Here it is in all it's glory:

Unsauced and untouched
DSC02420.JPG

Sauced
DSC02421.JPG

I didn't find it too sweet - the strawberry compote helped cut the sweetness a bit.

I agree that the strawberry sauce helps cut the sweetness but I was fighting the effect on my blood sugar for 2 hours afterwards. Loved it while it was going down, though.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I"ve eaten at Kona for dinner and it was one of my faves. I have to try it for breakfast if not solely for the tonga toast.

Nice pics! We'll be there in a few days. Can't wait to get back!:banana:
Having a breakfast and a dinner at Kona.

I am not impressed with TT, I just tried it for the first time two weeks ago, I am very glad I did not just order it, I tried someone else's. I will keep to my egg white omelet thanks!!

I am not impressed with TT, I just tried it for the first time two weeks ago, I am very glad I did not just order it, I tried someone else's. I will keep to my egg white omelet thanks!!

I'm not a fan of the Tonga Toast either. Way too sweet and rich for me. I don't know how people can eat it for breakfast.

I loved the Tonga Toast...for the first 5 bites. It was too much sweetness and too much food for me personally. I had read so much about it from others, but there were a few things I wasn't expecting. When it arrived, my eyes got huge. I was so not expecting 1/4 loaf of bread on my plate.

I'm glad I tried it - it was very yummy...but I'd rather have 5 bites of someone else's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter