Tonga Toast, only at Kona?

skhermsmeyer

Donald's #1 with my kids! Go figure!
I've read so many people rave about Tonga Toast and the Kona coffee, that I've convinced my DH to go there for breakfast! :banana: We've never been, so I'm looking forward to it. However, I think I remember reading on a post MANY months ago that Tonga Toast and/or Kona coffee was available somewhere other than Kona? :confused3 Am I right? Or am I crazy? (Although it could very well be the latter) :rotfl2:

Where else would I find this elusive breakfast item and coffee?? :goodvibes

Thanks!

You can get Tonga Toast at the counter service Captain Cooks inside The Poly, however, it does not come with the strawberry compote that it comes with at Kona. I think the strawberry compote makes the Tonga Toast, so I couldn't eat it without it - but others will disagree!

Ever since they started serving the Tonga Toast at Capt Cook's I haven't had it at Kona. I'd forgotten about the strawberry sauce that the previous poster mentioned (which, in retrospect was quite tasty) so I guess I didn't really miss it. One thing to mention is if you do the Capt Cook's route rather than Kona Cafe, you cannot get Kona Coffee at Capt Cook's (they only have the nescafe stuff). You'd have to get it at the Kona Coffee Bar (next to Kona Cafe) and then bring it to Capt. Cooks.

We stayed at the CR this time, but I made a special morning monorail trip over to the Poly just to get my Tonga Toast fix while my husband and daughter slept in. I picked it up from Capt. Cooks. It was so yummy. I could only eat 1/2, but I enjoyed every single bite.

I prefer it from Kona. The strawberry compote just makes it that much better, IMO. That being said, I will gladly eat it from Capt Cook's as well.:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the answers! Our trip is still 6 months away :laughing:, but I'm a planner! :rotfl:

I have a question about Tonga Toast-- does anyone know if this can be ordered w/ out the bananas?? I would love to have the stuffed toast but I do not like bananas.
thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter