• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tonga Toast at Poly CS

RyMickey

Disney Freak
Is the Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's at the Poly the same as what's served at Kona? Same size? Same taste? We were thinking of monorailing over to the Poly and getting a quick breakfast if the toast is the same.

Yes it is the same. This picture was taken at Kona, 3 weeks ago, but I also got it at Captain Cooks on the same trip. At CC, you get the tonga toast and 2 containers of syrup. You can add bacon as a side item at CC if you wish.

01_4.jpg

This is a stupid question, but I hate sugar especially when it's sprinkled on things - can you get the Tonga Toast without the sugar? I know, wierd.

Thanks so much for the responses! Looks like this will be a quicker (and cheaper) way to get it.

The day before Thanksgiving 2006,I had the Tonga Toast at Kona. I was still hungry,so I went and had it a Captain Cooks also. It tasted the same. That said,I would still get it at Kona because you get real butter there instead of what they have at CC's,you get served and you don't have to try to find a table to sit at(and being a person alone,that is a factor in the busy breakfast hours at the woefully inadequate seating at CC's),and the syrup is hot at Kona. With my DDE card,it costs maybe a couple dollars more at Kona,and since I'm the original skin flint,for me to say that I would pay more for something means it's truly worth it!!

The day before Thanksgiving 2006,I had the Tonga Toast at Kona. I was still hungry,so I went and had it a Captain Cooks also. It tasted the same. That said,I would still get it at Kona because you get real butter there instead of what they have at CC's,you get served and you don't have to try to find a table to sit at(and being a person alone,that is a factor in the busy breakfast hours at the woefully inadequate seating at CC's),and the syrup is hot at Kona. With my DDE card,it costs maybe a couple dollars more at Kona,and since I'm the original skin flint,for me to say that I would pay more for something means it's truly worth it!!

We'd love to go to Kona's for breakfast, but we're going on such a short trip this upcoming holiday season that if we don't wake up early enough so as to not waste valuable park time at a sit-down breakfast, at least I know that the taste at CC's is somewhat similar.

Thanks again!

BTW -- I never thought about putting butter on Tonga Toast...that might be too decadent (if there can be such a thing ;) )

MmmmMmmm! Just had it for the first time last week! That stuff is good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter