TOMS for parks?

naomi78155

SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!
I have been wanting to get a pair of Toms. They look so cute and comfy. Would they hold up to a day of walking in the parks? What about getting water on them from Splash Mountain? How comfortable and supportive are they?

Do you usually wear flats? If you do you might be fine and if not you may want to get used to that first. I don't have any Toms personally (but I do have some cheaper brand ones that are super comfy and much less expensive) but I have a few friends who do and they love them but they say their feet can get stinky, but that's true with most shoes :).

I wear flats, flip flops, and I go barefoot as much as possible (which is 100% of the time unless I'm working out) and even for me walking around after an hour or two in flats hurts. I'd stick with some good sneakers and wouldn't purchase Toms just for the trip.

I live in flip flops, live in Texas so I really do live in them year round. I need some cute closed toed shoes and have been wanting to try the Toms. Just didn't know how well made/sturdy they are.

I haven't worn my toms to the parks (yet) but I am planning to when I go as I have worn them while doing a substantial amount of walking and they are very comfortable, lightweight, and seem to be pretty well made, they've held up well :)

I live in flip flops, live in Texas so I really do live in them year round. I need some cute closed toed shoes and have been wanting to try the Toms. Just didn't know how well made/sturdy they are.

They're sturdy and well made (although I have issues with their "buy one give one" premise but that's a whole 'nother post;) ) But still, I'd wear them around for a while and make sure they're what you want!

I have Tom's and LOVE them. If you get the traditional ones (not the espadrill kind) then you wont even need to break them in, feel like slippers immediately!!

They are very comfortable for long walks and you could certainly wear them all day round a park and they dry quickly on water rides.

Ony down side I can see to them is the thin soles offer no impact cushion. I normally wear trainers (Nike Air Max or similar which have a great cushion effect) but last year opted for a combo of Tom's/gladiator sandles/flip flops and found that after a week - my ankles were aching from the impact of walking all day everyday without any cushion.

Would deffo buy them but maybe dont wear them everyday.

I haven't worn my Toms in the parks, but I've worn them a few days where I would have done as much walking as in the parks. Of course your feet are going to be tired from walking around like they would in any other shoe. Plus, they're not as flat as they look on the outside. Inside on the sole they have arch cushions (the best way I know how to explain them :goodvibes) and they are very comfy!

I got mine from a shoe store in the mall, and they sprayed them with a water-resistant spray. If you buy yours from a store, then I would ask if they had a product like that or anything of the sort that would help keep them dry.

Have fun!

My daughter, 17, wears them in the parks with no trouble. That said, she can also wear flip flops without sore feet.

Last time I was in the parks I wore my knock off Toms and they were super awesome. I will be wearing my real Toms this time, but I am also a flip flop lover, and could walk around in those all day too! I honestly think you should buy some and test them out before you go, or bring a back up pair of good shoes just in case.

I wore my Toms to Disney. I have a fake knee, and I had no issues. I also go to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, va almost weekly, and wear them all the time. I would just get them a month or so out before wearing them at a park. They fit really snug, and then loosen up.

I wore my toms on a non-disney vacation with a lot of walking, and it happened that my feet had swelled, and I ended up tearing a hole through my toms with my big toe nail. They were over a year old though, so worn out a bit already.

I wore TOMS and flip flops on our last Disney vacation and made due, but at the end of the night each night my feet were so sore they felt bruised. This time I am planning a TOMS/ runner combo rotation.

I would not recommend it. I have been wearing Toms for years and have many pairs. Lace ups/boots/wedges/flats. Love them and they are comfy but not for a full day of walking! They don't offer much arch support first of all. Second I don't like wearing socks with mine and never do. And if you walk around all day in the heat I feel like they will get smelly. And if it rains they will be trashed. The other thing is mine always get holes right where my big toe is. So a lot of walking might not be good for that. Just my two cents but I am sure wearing them in the parks works for some people.

I would not recommend it. I have been wearing Toms for years and have many pairs. Lace ups/boots/wedges/flats. Love them and they are comfy but not for a full day of walking! They don't offer much arch support first of all. Second I don't like wearing socks with mine and never do. And if you walk around all day in the heat I feel like they will get smelly. And if it rains they will be trashed. The other thing is mine always get holes right where my big toe is. So a lot of walking might not be good for that. Just my two cents but I am sure wearing them in the parks works for some people.

I'm glad I'm not the only naysayer! Sure they're cute and comfy but are they practical? no. If you're going to buy some do as much walking as you would in the park in them and see how it works out. Everyone is different!

I got my first pair of Toms this year, and while they are cute and great for everyday use, I would never wear them anywhere that required extended walking and definitely not Disney. They have zero support in my opinion.

Great answers. Thanks. I was looking at the grossgrain ribbon Toms. They don't look sturdy at all. Guess I will be packing my comfy Nike runners for Disney! Just wanted to look cute. lol.

I did the Toms and Chucks combo on my last trip in April. I was fine and just rotated my shoes. I am planning on Toms, runners and Crocs for my next trip:thumbsup2 I do recommend breaking them in if they are your first pair;)

Toms are definitely adorable on everyone's feet, super comfy to wear around town, and look cute with any outfit. But I don't recommend them for WDW. Not only are the souls flat (someone mentioned needing cushion from the impact of just walking) but they can also get wet from the many puddles around WDW and the typical Floriday freak rainstorm in the middle of the day. Also, after a couple of wears in the sun - they can get smelly...

They would be cute to wear at the hotel if you need something simple to slip on for a trip to the refillable mug station or to walk around and explore the resort, but bring sneakers to wear to the parks.

I agree with pp, they are great and cute shoes but not for the parks! I'm bringing mine but only to wear to my dinner with fh at california grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter