Tomorrowland Transit Authority Rehab

I love thrill rides, but I'm more disapointed about the WWPM (TTA) being closed than I am Space Mountain. I guess because my daughter got such a kick out of those blue cars.

We arrive April 15th, so I'm so glad you posted this. We'll at least get 3 days to ride these rides, before shutdown. Thanks again!

nothing a huge tarp/mural couldn't cure. also the dates don't match either.

for the record:

Space Mountain: 4/19 - 11/21
TTA: 4/19 - 8/19

at least as of today.
Thanks for posting this bradk, at least now I have a date to look forward to (even though I'm sure it will change by then). For my own selfish reasons, I hope the refurb is done by December 09'.

Yesterday I told dd12 that I had bad news and worse news, and told her about Space Mountain and TTA. She made an unhappy noise about Space Mountain, but when I told her the "worse" news about TTA, she howled out loud. We're all really unhappy - we like to ride TTA during Wishes, and catch glimpses of the show from our car. We must have ridden it 8 times during our last two days at MK.

*paging Mr. Tom Morrow*
:sad1:

I just saw this on Disneys website.

Tomorrowland® Transit Authority: Closed for Refurbishment [April 19, 2009 to July 31, 2009]

I do not know when it ends but according to their calendars it goes at least through July 31.

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news.

Space Mountain and now Transit Authority in Tomorrowland rehabs at the same time?

Tomorrowland® Transit Authority: Closed for Refurbishment [April 19, 2009 to July 31, 2009]

Space Mountain and now Transit Authority in Tomorrowland rehabs at the same time?

Kind of makes sense. I don't suspect Disney would want the trams going through Space Mountain during it's rehab (lights on, lots of construction, etc)

I do not know when it ends but according to their calendars it goes at least through July 31.

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news.

TTA is scheduled to be closed thru AUG. 19, 2009.

Likely due to the fact that TTA's "garage" is inside Space Mtn. and any refurb on Space near the TTA
tracks could be a problem to operating/maintaining the TTA.

Where did you see this? I am finding it may close during certain times. It is recommended to check the times guide.

TTA is scheduled to be closed thru AUG. 19, 2009.

Likely due to the fact that TTA's "garage" is inside Space Mtn. and any refurb on Space near the TTA
tracks could be a problem to operating/maintaining the TTA.

I saw 8/19 too - I know because I come home on 8/23, so the only day I'll probably get to ride it on the August trip is 8/22 since we usually go to MK on our last full Saturday.

Maybe they're upgrading the TTA to modern maglev technology. Coming soon: the Bullet TTA! Travel around Tomorrowland in five seconds flat.

Oh, please let it be August and not april.

We are still getting use to the fact that SM will be out of commision for our trip...we don't want to lose another fav:confused3

Maybe they're upgrading the TTA to modern maglev technology. Coming soon: the Bullet TTA! Travel around Tomorrowland in five seconds flat.
Imagine stepping onto (or off of) the moving sidewalk used to board/deboard.

Thanks for the info! Bummer that it will be closed. It is one of my favorite rides to just chill out on. I will have to keep this in mind if I end up planning a trip for this year!

this is very bad news for our trip. Shoot, this is DS2 favorite ride. We ride it dozens of times each time as he's too small for the height restricted rides and my other kids go on those.

Well all I can do is cross my fingers that DS grows the 2inches he needs to hit 40"! LOL

no way! I was OK with Space being down, but I really wanted to ride TTA. I missed it our last trip, and after this June we weren't planning on going for several years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter