Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover closed for rehab in 2014 - February/March

I'm not going to lie, the TTA really needs rehab to touch it up and make it look nice, but I am going to miss it on my next trip!

I know it can use another rehab I just love riding it when I go and I will be there the 21st of March, I guess I could get lucky and they will open it early...

A bus driver told me that the rehab is taking place because they are expanding it to include a stop at Orlando International Airport.

A bus driver told me that the rehab is taking place because they are expanding it to include a stop at Orlando International Airport.

I always dream they would make one of these go all around the park to each resort/park, just hop on and ride down to the next stop :D

Not used to traveling when there are refurbishments.....man we love the TTA! Yes it could use some updating but going to miss it!

So when a refurb schedule says from Feb 10th to March 27th, does it re-open on the 27th? Or on the 28th? We are noticing Splash is scheduled to be refurbed til Mar. 21st...22nd is our last day at WDW...will it re-open on 21st so we can ride it at least once?! A trip with no Splash is a sad thought :/ OR re-open 22nd for sure (historically)?

I wish they would add an elevator so we could ride it again.
DD is way too big and squirmy to carry up there.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm surprised and disappointed at the refurbs this March. We're going the second week of March, and Splash and People Mover will be down, plus The Plaza and Pinocchio's will both be closed. While everything has to close for refurb sometime, it seems like Disney wouldn't want do it during the busy spring break time -- especially when it's Peak Season pricing. I'm used to the refurbs taking place more in the off-season. :confused3

I'm sorry for those that will have to miss it, but so excited to see if anything new/different but good comes from the refurb! :goodvibes

Son of Gadsden said:

Lol!

This ride will always be the WED-WAY People Mover to me! One of the handful of "free" attractions when each ride was ticketed back in the day.

Granted, it's a must do on every MK trip, but I can't say truthfully that it's my "favorite"---way too many other fun rides/attractions.

While everything has to close for refurb sometime, it seems like Disney wouldn't want do it during the busy spring break time -- especially when it's Peak Season pricing. I'm used to the refurbs taking place more in the off-season. :confused3

Easter isn't till late April again next year, so although it is spring break time, the crowds won't descend till closer to the holiday.

We were taking the boat from WL to MK and the captain told us that part of the refurb will be to make the Peoplemover ready for FP+. It will be one of the "Tier 1" attractions at MK when FP+ is officially launched for Spring Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter