Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Question

bettydove

Earning My Ears
I booked a reservation for the dessert party on the Tomorrowland Terrace so that I can view wishes on December 17th. My reservation is for 9:00 pm.

Does anyone know how this works? Are there two wishes shows per night? I'm just wondering why there are different times offered for the the dessert party.

I'm really curious to know this as well...I can get reservations for 8:40 one night, but the fireworks are scheduled to begin at 8.

I booked a reservation for the dessert party on the Tomorrowland Terrace so that I can view wishes on December 17th. My reservation is for 9:00 pm.

Does anyone know how this works? Are there two wishes shows per night? I'm just wondering why there are different times offered for the the dessert party.

The Tomorrowland Dessert Party starts 1 hour before Wishes is scheduled. On Dec. 17, Wishes is at 10:00. The times vary because Wishes is shown at different times on during the week.

Regarding the 8:40 reservation for 8:00 Wishes, I would double-check your reservation time as well as the time for Wishes that night. Something's not right.

The Dessert Party ADR system is certifiably insane.

Whether you reserve this event on-line or by calling Disney, they insist on giving you ADR times staggered throughout the evening, just like a regular restaurant. But it's not a regular restaurant. There is 1 and only 1 party every evening. It begins for all attendees 1 hour before that night's fireworks.

So long as you have a confirmed reservation, IGNORE the time you were told. Show up at the podium 10 -15 minutes before the 1 hour mark to check in (showing up earlier does not get you a better table and defeats half the purpose of the party, which is to get a great seat without standing on line for an hour). CMs will check you in and give you wristbands. Promptly at the 1-hour-pre-fireworks mark they rapidly seat everyone with wristbands, then go back to check in the stragglers.

This gives you the full hour to get a cool drink and an assortment of desserts, sit and look at the Castle, and hold an actual conversation with your family. The desserts are mostly of the two-bite-size variety, so you feel less guilty about going back up again....and again.... and again to sample other kinds. You can and should go back after the fireworks end (or fill your plates and glasses one last time just before they start, and ask the CMs not to be helpful and clear your table during the fireworks). Then you have a last leisurely bite for another 10 minutes or so while the entire rest of the park crowds into Main Street and creates gridlock.

The dessert party does start 1 hour before Wishes. Everyone can check-in at the same time. It is my understanding that the reason why some people have a 8:40 time and 9:00 time has to do with a "glitch" with the reservation system. The system only allows for so many reservations per time slot. Last year we showed up about 20-25 minutes early. They started checking people in about 10-15 minutes before the party started and then we were all let in at the same time.

I'm really curious to know this as well...I can get reservations for 8:40 one night, but the fireworks are scheduled to begin at 8.

You really need to tell us which night this is. Maybe we can help you figure it out. If Wishes are are 9pm that night, it is okay. (I did not show any nights in December at 9pm but some nights were blank)

FOR 9PM Wishes you would just show up at 8pm (actually 7:45pm would be better) and the party is for the entire hour prior to Wishes. If Wishes is for 8pm that night (there are some in December) you would back up everything by an hour but YOU WOULD NOT HAVE 8:40pm reservations if Wishes is at 8pm.

So please let us know so we can help, or please call because what you posted is wrong.

You really need to tell us which night this is. Maybe we can help you figure it out. If Wishes are are 9pm that night, it is okay. (I did not show any nights in December at 9pm but some nights were blank)

Well, I think it is some issue with the reservation system. I went back and looked and the night (Sunday, Nov. 13) that I wanted to do this, Wishes isn't even scheduled - at least as far as I can tell. And if it were, it would begin at 8:00. I looked at another night that Wishes ISN'T scheduled and I got the same reservation time. The other nights - that Wishes is actually scheduled ;) - are all booked.

Bottom line - I guess I should have double checked all my facts before asking. :o

Well, I think it is some issue with the reservation system. I went back and looked and the night (Sunday, Nov. 13) that I wanted to do this, Wishes isn't even scheduled - at least as far as I can tell. And if it were, it would begin at 8:00. I looked at another night that Wishes ISN'T scheduled and I got the same reservation time. The other nights - that Wishes is actually scheduled ;) - are all booked.

Bottom line - I guess I should have double checked all my facts before asking. :o

November 13th. is a party night. Wishes is not called Wishes, but the fireworks go off at 9:30pm. I show that the reservations are from 8:30 on just like normal nights, one hour before. I would just recommend making this one over the phone. And if it were me, I would not want to go on a party night as the fireworks are set up different and I believe this area would not highlight the show.

Good luck and have a great time no matter what you decide!!!

The formula some CM gave me way back in June worked! They said to begin calling daily the first of the month 8 weeks from the trip. Our trip is in December, so October 1 was my go date. I called 4 days with no luck; then on the 5th day BINGO:worship::banana::cool1:Got the date and time I wanted within 5 minutes on the phone. It's a surprise for the family and I can't wait :lovestruc

Our Resv. was for 8:40 for 9:00 Wishes, well we got there at 8:40, they had actually begun letting people in at 8:20, and when we got in, the desserts were well picked over, we got very little. The drink cauldrons were almost empty and not refilled. This was our 2nd time there and we were very disappointed this time. My DH and I had booked it for our Anniversary and we were so disappointed!! We won't do it again. My advice, line up early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter