Tomorrowland dessert party with food allergies

sallytigger

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to arrange for some safe desserts to be there? My younger son is allergic to dairy and peanuts. Would love for him to experience the event, but worried about how to have something he can eat.

We informed Disney that I had lactose intolerence and the chef came to talk to me, told me what was safe (the chocolate strawberries and one other thing I cannot remember) and arranged a plate of dairy-free treats to be delivered to my table. Great service!

I had no idea about this! How exciting! Myself and two daughters have celiac disease, and even though I know how accommodating WDW is with special diets at their restaurants, I had no idea a dessert party might be the same!!!

Does anyone know the number to contact for special diets? My son just found out he is allergic to eggs...and we are so frazzled at how to even begin ensuring he does not get the wrong things.

I have linked the email for special diets below. I can assure you that you are in for a wonderful treat at WDW. Restaurants (QS and TS) are very accommodating to families with food allergies. Always make sure to note yours specific restrictions on any ADRs and when eating at QS locations, notify the staff, and they will find the appropriate personnel to assist you.

I understand how overwhelming new diagnoses can be, but I promise you, after one trip to WDW (even after a couples days into your trip), you will feel the same comfort (and excitement!) my family now does about dining there.

(For what it is worth all this is coming from a person whose family only rarely eats out at home and at very select establishments--I am VERY careful when it comes to our dietary needs. Message me if you like!)

Special.Diets@disneyworld.com

My daughter is peanut/tree nut allergic and we had an amazing experience at the dessert party! They brought her out a huge special plate with all safe desserts for her. She didn't even come close to being able to finish all of it.

The table next to us had a gluten allergy and they did the same for them. Actually, the other children ended up wanting an "allergy" plate too:rotfl:

I had no idea about this! How exciting! Myself and two daughters have celiac disease, and even though I know how accommodating WDW is with special diets at their restaurants, I had no idea a dessert party might be the same!!!
DH has celiac disease, and we've been to the dessert party 3 times in the past 4 years. The first 2 times he got a plate with 2 kinds of sorbet, 3 slices of various gluten-free cakes, and a pile of GF cookies. This past January they brought him the kid's version of the GF plate, which had cookies, caramel corn, and lots of gummy bears. He was OK with it, but would have preferred cake and sorbet. You might want to ask Special Diets what's currently available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter