• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tomorrow Lands Terrace Noodle Station anyone?

mcjigs

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go to Tomorrow Lands Terrace Noodle Station our second day at MK. I haven't heard anyone mention it on another thread about great Counter Service meals.

Has anyone eaten here? Should I pick something else. Our first CS at MK we are eating at Cosmic Ray's, and I feel good about that choice, but I'm getting concerned that I never here Tomorrow Lands mentioned. hummmm :confused:

I believe it has been shut down indefinately, but maybe they will open it up during Free Dining:banana:

We love the place! :love: It's very mild if you're used to authentic Thai but it was really good and a great break from the hot dog/hamburger routine.

The problem we've had in the past has been mainly that it's only open seasonally and we're normally not there when it's open. :sad1:

Definitely give it a try though.

I've only tried it once... it hasn't been open any of the times I have returned since. I hated it in all honesty. Greasy noodles with little flavor to them. I'm a noodle lover too and I was 100% underwhelmed.

It is open seasonally and only ususally for a couple hours in the afternoon. It's never open at dinner time. If this doesn't work out for you I would suggest the Columbia Harbour House, IMHO one of the best CS meals in all of the parks!

Totally disgusting and a huge waste of money. The food was complete mush and you could taste nothing but salt. They do have wonderful flavored ice teas but that is it. I would love to see them turn this place into a better quality CS like a salad and soup place, Delicatessen or maybe BBQ??

I've only tried it once... it hasn't been open any of the times I have returned since. I hated it in all honesty. Greasy noodles with little flavor to them. I'm a noodle lover too and I was 100% underwhelmed.

I concur! This was the worst meal I've ever had anywhere. All 6 of us threw our food away and went elsewhere.

We thought it would be a great change of pace from the normal CS meals. First time we ate there it was ok. Next trip we went back and the menu was changed and the food just seemed off.

When we were in Disney last month, this place was always closed when we went by-with a sign that said it would open at 5 pm. Kind of wierd hours, we thought, for a Counter Service.

We have tried to go on multiple occassions and it's almost always closed. I 'think' we saw a sign that said it was open between 12-5? Glad to know we aren't missing anything. It's a shame because we were looking forward to a change from the normal burgers and fries.

Ok, I guess I'm in the minority here. We just got back (7/19/07) and we ate there twice. If you read my trip report I give it high marks.

The food wasn't "amazing" but it was at least different from burgers and chicken strips. Certainly no worse than that and it had the bonus of having veggies in it! I got the beef & broccoli and DH got the Teriyaki chicken both times we ate there. It came with rice, not noodles.

Besides the change of pace from crap food, it is fairly quiet there as it is a little out of the way. We never even knew it was there really until our trip in '03 when my DS needed a bathroom and a CM directed us there. I'd say try it out, if you don't like it, don't go back, but you might be pleasantly surprised!

Ok, I guess I'm in the minority here. We just got back (7/19/07) and we ate there twice. If you read my trip report I give it high marks.

Did you ever go for lunch? I think I've read it only opens after 5pm.:confused3

Did you ever go for lunch? I think I've read it only opens after 5pm.
To be honest, I don't know what time we eating. I would guess it was after 5:00, but I wasn't paying attention. I never saw a sign anywhere with hours posted, so I didn't question if was only open certain hours.

My big disappointment was that El Pirate E el Piraco was closed the whole time we were there :sad1:

Really horrible. Without question the worst meal I've ever had on property, and maybe one of the worst in the whole outside world too. I haven't eaten there for a while though. Maybe it's been improved a bit since others are posting that they liked it more recently... I don't know though. I will never be going back until I hear month and month of glowing review. We had to throw all our food out and try somewhere else.

I thought it was really tasty. Not exactly gourmet, but completely worth the price. I had some kind of rice noodles with tofu and mushrooms and veggies on top... I really liked it.

For anyone who has eaten real Chinese food, you will not like it. We ended up throwing away a bunch of our food. It was just mediocre. Let's just say the kid's chicken strips were better. Try Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bills.

Actually, I liked it better than most American "Chinese" food (greasy fried food with that sugary red sauce all over the place). It was a very nice alternative to all the hamburgers and fries that is offered at most of the other counter service places.

Just a shame that it's only open seasonally.

when this place first opened it was pretty good, after they changed the menu, it wasn't that good anymore.

I wouldn't mind trying it again to see what's up with it now, but because of the exceedingly slow service received the last time I went there (a half hour AFTER paying to pick up a bowl of soup?) I am off the place.

I believe it is currently open only seasonally, and then only for a few hours during peak mealtimes.

WE REALLY LIKE IT!!!!
We get sick of burgers and sandwiches really quickly so we usually make a stop here. We love their egg rolls and have always had a good meal here that is a break from the norm.

That being said, we also love Pecos Bills. I always get the salad and DH has to get his burger fix there. Cosmic Rays is good, as well. The chicken and mashed potatos is a great meal!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter