tomorrow is D day for FP

Just read on another forum that they are telling people today they can only be used during that one hour window. No extra 15 minute grace period.

I'm anxious to hear how it goes - we are flying down tomorrow and then hitting the parks on Thursday. I will be checking in tomorrow night to see what people's experiences are...

Personally I'd like to see a 5~ min grace period in either direction.

The only time we arrived early for a ride was sorin. The CM made us wait the full 4 minutes. She acted like we were crazed criminals or something. Sheesh.

Only negative CM encounter ever.

Personally I'd like to see a 5~ min grace period in either direction.

The only time we arrived early for a ride was sorin. The CM made us wait the full 4 minutes. She acted like we were crazed criminals or something. Sheesh.

Only negative CM encounter ever.
They're supposed to have you wait until your time. If she was rude about it, then she shouldn't have been, but if she said "no I'm sorry you have to wait the 4 minutes", then she was doing her job. With the 5 minute leniency, it should resolve this problem.

Just read on another forum that they are telling people today they can only be used during that one hour window. No extra 15 minute grace period.

Last night I used four FPs at Space Mountain on two separate occasions approximately 45 minutes late and they didn't say a thing. Tomorrow and the coming days are the test, though.

I think I'll go back down in about ten days and check it out again. ;)

They're supposed to have you wait until your time. If she was rude about it, then she shouldn't have been, but if she said "no I'm sorry you have to wait the 4 minutes", then she was doing her job. With the 5 minute leniency, it should resolve this problem.

I doubt she was rude to them, she just said no and to many that means rude. The 5 minute leniency will not work for a very basic reason. If you allow a five minute grace period then someone arriving 10 minutes late or early will be up in arms about the idea that it's only 5 minutes difference than what they were going to allow anyway. The only way it will work is to make the window an actual window and stick to it.

When we were there Presidents week I was told on several occasions...one time at Test Track after 5 hour expiration...that on March 7th there will be no mercy! I was one of the masses that abused this system to a science...but hey, rules are rules. Just show up on time and no one will have any complaints. Gonna be changing my touring plans. Keeps it fun! :banana:

Last night I used four FPs at Space Mountain on two separate occasions approximately 45 minutes late and they didn't say a thing. Tomorrow and the coming days are the test, though.

Good of you to take one for the team like that! ;)

I'll be interested to see if there are FPs available later in the day for attractions like TSMM and Soarin' once enforcement starts. We'll see...

Someone please report back whether they put up signs at the ride entrances or at the fastpass machines advertising guests of the revised fastpass procedures.

I wonder why March 7th? I mean why not a Monday? Or the first of a month? or the 15th of the month? Wednesday March 7th just seems like such a random thing (though I am sure there IS a reason!)

Interested to hear reports!

Testing the fences huh?? :rotfl2: That is how this whole thing started in the first place ...lol

Someone please report back whether they put up signs at the ride entrances or at the fastpass machines advertising guests of the revised fastpass procedures.

They already have. There are signs on top of the Jungle Cruise fastpass machines. [In HORRIBLE looking kid-scribble font...] They ask for everyone to return within their fastpass time frame.

Testing the fences huh?? :rotfl2: That is how this whole thing started in the first place ...lol

No, not really--at least not this time.

We got FPs for Space for 7:45-8:45, figuring we'd have time after the 8:00 Wishes to get over there. But one in our party was tired and 4 months pregnant and not so much interested in the ideal view as a place to sit. We were near the shooting arcade and decided to plop down on one of those risers surrounding the trees in that area to watch Wishes. Then the adults shopped for a few minutes, and then the kids decided they wanted to do IaSW. Before you know it, it's well after 8:45. Since one of the first-timers still wanted to try Space, I told him we probably still could. And we did!

Just an example of how the non-commando rolls. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter