Told Kids WDW Stay is Changing to Only 3 Nights

FlyTriPacer

Mouseketeer
Well, we broke it to the kids tonight that they're taking a Disney Cruise! They weren't happy at first b/c all I said in the letter is that "something came up and we can only stay at WDW for 3 nights. My son (14.5) sat on the couch and looked stunned. My daughter (15.8) got mad and wouldn't come sit on the couch for the next portion of the news. We explained they would find out why we couldn't stay if they sat down...

Here they are reading the list of rules for the cruise (sorry they're blurry):

9480756467_c5c0e63807_z.jpg
[/url] Kids Finding out about shortened WDW Trip by FlyTriPacer, on Flickr[/IMG]

My son figured it out fairly early:

9483548482_f7a659c808_z.jpg
[/url] Matthew Figured it Out by FlyTriPacer, on Flickr[/IMG]

My daughter took a little longer:

9480757487_f21cdde2ab_z.jpg
[/url] Elizabeth Figuring it Out by FlyTriPacer, on Flickr[/IMG]

Son was laughing and very happy, daughter was happy and crying/broken:

9483548850_7a027332f6_z.jpg
[/url] Matthew Happy Elizabeth Broken by FlyTriPacer, on Flickr[/IMG]

She cried for about 5 minutes and my wife and son kept telling me I broke her since she wouldn't quit. Unfortunately, I was trying to be discreet with the video and picture taking (hence the blurry pictures) so the video never started. It was a classic, and I'm sorry I missed it.

Chad

oh my gosh, that is precious!! :dance3: What a wonderful memory for your whole family. I hope they/you love your cruise!

I wanted to cry too when I saw their reaction. I wish you all the best trip ever.

Thanks everybody. Now they know why I kept watching Dream videos w/them early this year! My wife and I went on the Dream in 2011 and we told the kids maybe we'd take them their graduations (4yrs) b/c they're just too expensive now. I was trying to let them secretly plan, by reliving our cruise. My son started getting suspicious...so the videos stopped. They're ready to watch them again...

So great! How awesome.

Love DS shirt, too.

Thanks everybody! Both of them were junior counselors at camp this week and this was one of their shirts.

My daughter doesn't very excited, but my wife assures me it's because she's a teenage girl???? Anyway, my son and I are planning activities and have several lined up already. Disney is showing some good movies while we're onboard and I've only seen 1 of them. So we're at least going to watch Planes! We plan to do at least one animation class together too! I think I the most excited about the trip and my son is a close 2nd...

13 days till we cruise (since the Dream has already sailed today)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter