• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Told Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is for Children Only?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. I agree.

There are a lot of things you could do in the name of recapturing your youth in the spirit of Disney, but that doesn't mean you *should*. You could put on a pair of diapers for a day and say you're doing it to relive the free-spirited feeling of being a kid again. That would still be weird!

Kids are kids. When you're no longer a kid, move on.

Good one! You got my vote.
I'd hire you in a heartbeat.

I will be in Disney on my honeymoon in June. I think BBB looks fun. Not sure I want to do it alone, but if a bunch of my girlfiriends were with me I'd do it in a heartbeat. And for people saying adults take appointments away from kids...well wouldn't moms and dads make the appointment? Isn't it just like dining reservations with the idea that "you snooze, you lose?"

Well, actually, I was first brought to Disney World when I was in diapers, when I was 9 mos. old back in '75. And I've been going every year since.

So.... I've grown from an infant to an adult at Disney World, and I still love it, but my attitude and perspective have changed. I don't daydream of being a princess anymore, I don't have a big ole' crush on Robin Hood, I don't pretend that I'm Princess Aurora, and I don't play dress up like I used to, but I *do* enjoy riding Peter Pan, Dumbo, and Snow White (though I much prefer Mr. Toad to Winnie the Pooh). So I'm not sure what your point is here.

And the diapers thing was just hyperbole, BTW. ;)

Has it occurred to you that being there EVERY year for over 30 years now has made you slightly jaded to the magic?

Someone who's older and there on their first time may want to experience everything they can! It's understandable! The magic of Disney is overwhelming sometimes to people who are older and on their first time and they tend to go nuts wanting to experience everything they can. So why can't they?

BUT, you as an adult (I take it that you are one) you have that option to do so without a question. I do beleive that Walt did sit there and say to himself what can I do so that EVERYONE young and old can have fun.

I am not saying that I would not do that either at the parade, but would you let all the kids in back of you meet Mickey or Goofy before you did and you stood in line just as long as they are?

Exactly Disney is about Magic and Friendliness and I think you are really missing the point here. Just because I call 4 months ahead of someone else ,who has a child, I should not be allowed to make that same appointment?

I just want to make sure I am getting this right here. I am so surprised at some of you on here. Walt wanted DisneyWorld to be for everyone to enjoy no matter how old, young, ill or well to be available to you.

Honestly, you're talking to the wrong person. :rotfl2: I don't do pictures with the characters. My mom even complains she has hardly any pics of me as a kid - she had to push me towards characters. I wasn't afraid, I was (and still am) more like, "Oh hey! Goofy! Look! It's Goofy!" and keep moving.

It's obvious that Disney allows it. . . so by all means MAKE your appointment. The argument here is that the INTENTION was for children and that MANY of us would feel guilty for taking the spot away from a child. It's like the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour at the MK last fall. It's right there in the title that it was FOR little ones. . . but they didn't stop those that weren't there with kids from entering early. Disney's not going to stop someone at the gate and say, "Nope sorry. You need to pop out a kid first!" But should a couple of adults race to Dumbo to take that seat with Mickey? Maybe some argue they should, but wouldn't most people feel bad for the 3 year old who the event was added for that has to just watch?

NOW I see where the argument came from. Not from the people just voicing their opinion, but from the ones trying to lay GUILT trips.

I don't know about others but when I first jumped into this thread I wasn't laying on any guilt trips. I was honestly STUNNED that adults would want to do something like this.

Then all of a sudden I'm a pushy parent (among other generalizations and labels)

Let's face it - this is a DISCUSSION board and regardless of the OP's intent, discussion on either side of an issue is almost always inevitable. If not, there wouldn't be 1/4th of the traffic on these forums.

So the adults who want to get all glittered up are allowed to voice their opinion, but those who feel the experience is more suited for a child aren't?

I can't beleive people are still talking about this. It cracks me up, it really does.

The whole point of the OP posting this was because of incorrect info, for those of us adults who were able to get our hair done at BBB said that Adults can get it done. Then all of a sudden people became very negative and passing judgement on people.

I am not on this board to pass judgement on anyone or make people feel guilty and ALOT of fellow DIS'ers did just that.

Come on people let's move on and talk about some Happy Things instead of being negative and making people feel bad.

That is not why we are on here we are giving people help to some who have never been to Disney or haven't gone in several years.

Disney is about the Magic and the Fun, so can't we keep it that way?

:grouphug: pixiedust:

I first read this thread and thought... "Adults going alone to BBB?!?!... How completely frickin' weird!" But then I got to thinking. Aren't Disney parks all about this sort of thing? A place where "age relives fond memories of the past???" All that follows are quotes by Walt on Disneyland.

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either."

"Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement- I knew when I was a kid."

So, basically, what I'm saying is... maybe it isn't all that bad. Perhaps it's what the "ol' Walt-ster" wanted?

Ok, I think it is time to end this thread period! I was there in the beginning and would like it to stop. Plain and simple...do what you want. I did and am glad I did and would do it again. But that does not mean you should do it! Walt Disney wanted all of us to find our inner child and to some of us that means getting our hair done to look ridiculous and go on dumbo, and to others that means getting a manicure done at the spa! TO EACH THEIR OWN!!! Personally i dont care if you dont like it and I know you dont care if I do, so find a better thread and move on. Can we be respectful to Mr. Disney and find our own way instead of preaching to everyone else how we think it should be?? THANKS! No matter what anyone says if WDW decides to make it kids only then those of us who like it will stop going, until then...we will enjoy it just like the next kid. To me age is a number. It is what it is in your heart and to me Disney means being a kid no matter how you look at it. I think we all agree, just in different ways and that is ok. That is what makes us individuals. Be individual and stop trying to preach your way, keep it to yourself.

Honestly, you're talking to the wrong person. :rotfl2: I don't do pictures with the characters. My mom even complains she has hardly any pics of me as a kid - she had to push me towards characters. I wasn't afraid, I was (and still am) more like, "Oh hey! Goofy! Look! It's Goofy!" and keep moving.

It's obvious that Disney allows it. . . so by all means MAKE your appointment. The argument here is that the INTENTION was for children and that MANY of us would feel guilty for taking the spot away from a child. It's like the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour at the MK last fall. It's right there in the title that it was FOR little ones. . . but they didn't stop those that weren't there with kids from entering early. Disney's not going to stop someone at the gate and say, "Nope sorry. You need to pop out a kid first!" But should a couple of adults race to Dumbo to take that seat with Mickey? Maybe some argue they should, but wouldn't most people feel bad for the 3 year old who the event was added for that has to just watch?

I couldn't agree more. I was there during a little ones EMH when an adult rode Dumbo with Stitch. Yep, it stunk, especially when my 8yo asked prior to this if he could ride with Stitch and I told him he was too old, let the littler kids do it.

Ok, I think it is time to end this thread period! I was there in the beginning and would like it to stop. Plain and simple...do what you want. I did and am glad I did and would do it again. But that does not mean you should do it! Walt Disney wanted all of us to find our inner child and to some of us that means getting our hair done to look ridiculous and go on dumbo, and to others that means getting a manicure done at the spa! TO EACH THEIR OWN!!! Personally i dont care if you dont like it and I know you dont care if I do, so find a better thread and move on. Can we be respectful to Mr. Disney and find our own way instead of preaching to everyone else how we think it should be?? THANKS! No matter what anyone says if WDW decides to make it kids only then those of us who like it will stop going, until then...we will enjoy it just like the next kid. To me age is a number. It is what it is in your heart and to me Disney means being a kid no matter how you look at it. I think we all agree, just in different ways and that is ok. That is what makes us individuals. Be individual and stop trying to preach your way, keep it to yourself.

Whoa... was this directed towards me... or were you just quoting me?!?! I think I was saying pretty much what you were anyway....:scared:
**BACKING AWAY QUICKLY**

Has it occurred to you that being there EVERY year for over 30 years now has made you slightly jaded to the magic?

Someone who's older and there on their first time may want to experience everything they can! It's understandable! The magic of Disney is overwhelming sometimes to people who are older and on their first time and they tend to go nuts wanting to experience everything they can. So why can't they?

Because you're an adult now. hello deal with it.

You didn't experience WDW as a kid, so what. Get over it!

Because you're an adult now. hello deal with it.

You didn't experience WDW as a kid, so what. Get over it!

That is not fair at all, if someone as a child was not able to visit for WHATEVER reason, they should be able to do everything that they can and have every experience, whether it be the parade or getting a haircut at the barber shop on Main Street or taking a picture with Mickey Mouse.

You DON'T have to be a grown up in Disney if you don't want to that is the point of Disney World so that "you" at any age can have just as much fun as that cute little girl or boy that is there for the first time.

Again, why is everyone so darn mean, let's be nicer to our fellow DIS'ers

:grouphug:

That is not fair at all, if someone as a child was not able to visit for WHATEVER reason, they should be able to do everything that they can and have every experience, whether it be the parade or getting a haircut at the barber shop on Main Street or taking a picture with Mickey Mouse.

You DON'T have to be a grown up in Disney if you don't want to that is the point of Disney World so that "you" at any age can have just as much fun as that cute little girl or boy that is there for the first time.

Now that's just silly. The point of Disney is to have a good time, not revert to being a 6 year old. You can appreciate the Peter Pan ride with a sense of wonder, as a child might see it, but you don't get to run around acting like a child.

I am a grown woman and in my dailly life deal with MANY adult things.

So when I go down to Disney I don't feel that I have to worry about those things and yes I do revert to being a 6 year old. That is what Walt Disney wanted. Don't you remember what it was like when you were a child and didn't have a care in the world, it was just to have fun, laugh and play games or go to the playground and play with your friends?

That is what I am talking about.

Certain people on here just don't get it, which surprises me because why do you like Disney so much if you are going there to not enjoy what it has to offer everyone?

It makes me really sad because I am just reading so many negative responses to several posts on this board, Everyone has an opinion and I do beleive it is great that we can all give one, but can we be nice about it.

The holiday season is over so I guess its every person for themselves you can't be nice to people anymore and if they don't agree with your opinion then you are nasty, you wouldn't like that done to you now would you?

Again, why is everyone so darn mean, let's be nicer to our fellow DIS'ers

:grouphug:

I'm not being mean, I'm just telling people to get over yourselves. I didn't visit WDW until I was a teenager and then not again until college, but I don't feel the need to cut in front of people to watch parades, do character meals without my kids, pose with Mickey mouse and have a makeover at BBB.

I'm just saying YOU ARE NOT a kid anymore, deal with it. You missed out on WDW as a small child as alot of us did, get over it.

Actually when I see adults without kids at character meals or watching parades or sometimes even posing with characters, I raise an eyebrow but then think OK this may be their only trip and they do want to experience what they never did.

But to get gaudy hair extensions and glitter make-up sorry I'm sticking with it, to me for an adult unless its a mother and daughter thing its just plain weird. :crazy:

Well I don't usually get into these things but here goes... first of all to each his own if you are an adult and feel like you want to "look like a princess" and enjoy BBB, go ahead.

Let me just say that from the pictures of the ADULTS that have been posted on these boards from BBB, ladies you are looking less like princesses and more like you walked into the local beauty shop asked for that style you had in the late 80's early 90's, teased and doused with a can of aquanet and while we're at it throw on some of that 80's make-up, especially that blue eye shadow. Far from princess like.

The pictures of the little girls are truely adorable and the pretend play costumes, hairstyles, and make- up look more appropriate for this "dress- up" like activity on them.

I am not saying you shouldn't be able to enjoy it, if it's really what you are looking for, have a blast, I'm just saying you look a little ridiculous. Sorry, just my opinion.

I am not sure that you can speak for MANY of the people here saying they would feel guilty. It would be more accurate to say that YOU would feel guilty and leave it at that. Unless you have done a poll or survey and can back up this statement it would be better for you to talk about how you would feel and not make assumptions on how other people would react.

Well I don't usually get into these things but here goes... first of all to each his own if you are an adult and feel like you want to "look like a princess" and enjoy BBB, go ahead.

Let me just say that from the pictures of the ADULTS that have been posted on these boards from BBB, ladies you are looking less like princesses and more like you walked into the local beauty shop asked for that style you had in the late 80's early 90's, teased and doused with a can of aquanet and while we're at it throw on some of that 80's make-up, especially that blue eye shadow. Far from princess like.

The pictures of the little girls are truely adorable and the pretend play costumes, hairstyles, and make- up look more appropriate for this "dress- up" like activity on them.

I am not saying you shouldn't be able to enjoy it, if it's really what you are looking for, have a blast, I'm just saying you look a little ridiculous. Sorry, just my opinion.

But at least they all look happy and that's what Disney is all about :)
Is it for you...NO.
Is it for me...NO.
But I'm adult to know that everyone has the right to live their life and enjoy every minute of it as long as it's not hurting other people. Still don't see why others care so much

I am a grown woman and in my dailly life deal with MANY adult things.

So when I go down to Disney I don't feel that I have to worry about those things and yes I do revert to being a 6 year old. That is what Walt Disney wanted. Don't you remember what it was like when you were a child and didn't have a care in the world, it was just to have fun, laugh and play games or go to the playground and play with your friends?

That is what I am talking about.

Certain people on here just don't get it, which surprises me because why do you like Disney so much if you are going there to not enjoy what it has to offer everyone?

Sorry, I think you're a bit over the top on this. You can be an adult and not have a care in the world. You can be an adult and have a good time. You don't have to run around pretending you're six years old in pigtails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter