• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tokyo Disneyland

eeyorerulz

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Has anyone here been to Disneyland in Tokyo? Can you please tell me about it all and what kind of packages the resort offers, and how it compares to USA's ones.

Thanks!1

eeyore.gif

images.gif

Hi,
Tokyo Disneyland is very similar to Disneyland in California. Most of the attractions are carbon copies (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc.) There are few differences, but unless you are a fanatic you probably won't notice them.
There are four or five attractions at Tokyo that are in no other park:
1) Cinderella Mystery Tour inside the castle (a walk-through that ends with a guest being chosen to engage in a swordfight with an audio animatronic demon).
2) Meet the World is a Carousel of Progress type show that also integrates animation. It's about the opening of Japan to the outside world.
3) Micky Mouse Revue. I believe this came from Florida--it is a show with robots in the form of Disney characters in an orchestra (it's not great).
Can't remember the others.
Main street is partially covered.
It's a great park, clean as a whistle, and the Japanese love Disney.
A second park, DisneySea, will open in September, which will have 23 new attractions and promises to be one of the best parks in the world

I haven't been there in many years -- I was there for Opening Day! -- but it is fantastic -- very similar to the original Disneyland. What I found fascinating was that the Japanese people dressed up to go to amusement parks. High heels and hose!

Have a *magical* trip!

Sayonara!!!

...later this year for the opening of Disney Seas!

Early reports indicate this will be a stunner -- a Disney park like no other, with vast investments of both imagination and money. Let's hope it lives up to the hype. And blazes a trail for future Disney parks -- in, say, Anaheim or Orlando!

<font color=blue>
<font face="Alaska">"It's the time of your life, so live it well..."

Greg K.
Forest Hills, NY
<font color=maroon>
Grand Floridian: '96,'97,'99
Disneyland Hotel: '00
Grand Californian: '01
</font>

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a planning video or have a video of the park they would be willing ot share???

Yhank you

eeyore.gif

images.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter